Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will Honda Unicorn takeover the Pulsar? - 150cc King.....
Yes 73 46.50%
No 70 44.59%
Can't say 14 8.92%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2005, 16:14   #61

no matter wat ... its the pulsar looks and accelration that will beat unicorn as they have played safe with looks on the unicorn.. seems to be just like another bike .. nothing speaks abt its 150 cc when u look at it
Old 14th November 2005, 02:05   #62
Max
BHPian

today I driven my friends pulsar 150dtsi. Now I can confirm its leg room is very cramped. I own HH CBZ and its leg room is very comfortable. Gears are much ahead then pulsar. overall pulsar didn't impressed me much. DTSI sound and pickup is also very rubbish. Well, i will definately go with Honda. Well its just me.
Old 14th November 2005, 11:03   #63
BHPian

Hey Guys Be parctical,
I mean ride a unicorn and a pulsar150 @ 100kmph and apply the brake see for u r self unicorn is the best.
Old 15th November 2005, 12:11   #64
Max
BHPian

well, i never drive bikes on such high speeds. my average speed is about 40km and its just not possible to drive on such speeds in city.
Old 15th November 2005, 12:54   #65
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I mean ride a unicorn and a pulsar150 @ 100kmph and apply the brake see for u r self unicorn is the best.
Thats what is important. After all the scary accidents, i feel the pulsar's handling and road grip is aweful. Though the pulsar wins by a fraction in power, the unicorn is leagues ahead in handling.

So, A->if u're so into power and dont give a d@m about handling , its the pulsar.

B->If handling is as important as the power for u, then its the unicorn for u.

I'm a 'B' guy.
Old 5th December 2005, 20:30   #66
BHPian

all things being equal,

i would choose the pulsar any day over the honda.

simple reason. honda makes far better bikes and sells far better bikes the world over. compared to those, the unicorn is a piece of c**p. Stop comparing what honda sells with what bajaj sells. compare what honda sells in other markets and what they sell here. Why will they not sell their better products in india? because they think performance and pleasure is not for the indians, so the unicorn is just fine for us. damn cheapskates can't even bring in a limited number for at least those biking fans who really care about pleasure and performance. why ???? its not cost efficient for THEM (HONDA).

OTOH, the bajaj pulsar may not be as refined as the unicorn, and bajaj is not technologically as strong as Honda, but they are putting themselves out there in the market with the best they can make, albeit with kawasaki's help. remember, this might actually be more difficult for bajaj as they have to also kkeep in mind certain limitations on account of the nature of their agreements with kawasaki.

honda india, on the other hand have no such limitations, have all the expertise and the deep pockets, but are chicken**** scared to experiment with bringing in some products that are at par with what they are selling in the rest of the world.

me being the buyer and the one holding the chequebook should be choosing what i want to buy, and not the other way round, where the manufacturer who is taking my money decides what i am good enough for, or what is good enough for me and and therefore what i should be buying.

it just pisses me off to no end.

on the same note, shame on yamaha for selling a 125 (one hundred and twenty five) cc "CRUISER". wouldn't piss on it no matter some disgusting mag calls it bike of the year.

ahhhhhh....that felt good.
Old 5th December 2005, 23:05   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick
well all those function such as dtsi, exausttec, nitrox shocks are just Techie jargons to boost brand.

I own a uni and have to vote for the handling of the bike specially evident while breaking at high speeds. The inertia of the bike makes it stoop towards the front without side ways movement but the pulsar sways to the sides. This my guess is due to the monoshock.
Jargons????????????, well I don't think so my dear friend.........if you just have a look at the classic pulsar and the newer version of pulsar I think that you will definately agree with me on that........I am not talking ion terms of outter looks but changes in false neutral as well.........

And talking aboiut the braking it very much depends on the rider and his riding habbits...........and I don't think so that the accurate stopping in unicorn is due to monoshock please, I am not buying this............LOL ........psssst yeah monoshock helps in accurate braking???????
Old 6th December 2005, 00:10   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Thats what is important. After all the scary accidents, i feel the pulsar's handling and road grip is aweful. Though the pulsar wins by a fraction in power, the unicorn is leagues ahead in handling.
On the same note, I read an article on OD where one of the pro bikers from Chenai (privater but Ex works-TVS) who races a CBZ mentions that Pulsar handling is worse than Uni or CBZ.
Old 6th December 2005, 05:36   #69
Senior - BHPian

Jargon?!!!!!!

Gas shocks is not a jargon. DTSI is not a jargon. Alloys wheels is not a jargon. These are the features that really work.

talking about ride and handling of the pulsar, I am the one to have best experience pulsar like many would not have.

My start has always been on one wheel. Never have I failed or fallen(Touchwood) Never has it skidded under heavy braking. Never has it lost its balance. Thats my pulsar 180 V1. My ex-love. But now just imagine what you can expect from the V3 150 too.

bajaj matches unicorn in each and every aspect and beats it in many others.

and the best of all its "INDIAN"
Old 6th December 2005, 12:58   #70
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I have test driven both Pulsar-150 and Honda Unicorn. Unicorn proved to be superb bike, engine is butter smooth, excellent ride comfort and gives descent mileage! If it was my money, will definitly go for the wing rider aka Unicorn!
Old 7th December 2005, 03:44   #71
Senior - BHPian

A way to decide which bike is better would be to look at sales of both these bikes.

see how ahead pulsar is against the unicorn.
Old 8th December 2005, 17:00   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
A way to decide which bike is better would be to look at sales of both these bikes.

see how ahead pulsar is against the unicorn.
Spot on ! Was in Delhi and had a chance to meet some guys at the HMSI factory - and the sales of the Unicorn have died real hard ! can you beleive this figure - 200 motorbikes per day of a potential market leader !
Old 8th December 2005, 17:06   #73
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Not always correct. A better product may not sell as well due to reasons beyond the actual product itself (Fiat anyone?), but that does not make the better selling one actually better!
Old 9th December 2005, 05:19   #74
Senior - BHPian

agreed that sales are not always the best way to see if a bike is good or not.

but try to look at it this way.

HOnda is considered to be the god of vehicles in INdia. Unicorn is at an advantage.

price difference is very minor between the p-150 and the unicorn.

People on this thread still consider that Unicorn is better built and more reliable.

even after all the factors go into unicorns favour p-150 its direct competitor sells more than 10 times what Honda sells.

pulsars are better bike than the competition .Period.
Old 9th December 2005, 11:01   #75
BHPian

Let me share my experience
About pulsar - Hands down and I admit it LOOKS far better than honda, but at the cost of comfort and handling. The moment I hit the breaks (not necessary hard) my b@^^$ get crushed in that big petrol tank. After a short drive my leg gets stuck in the cramped footrest angle and frequently I used to stop in the corner and stand for sometime - just to free myself from the cramp (still worst when I'm on a denim trousers).
About honda - Looks n Style...yeah its no where close to pulsar. Speaking of driving comfort, smooth ride & handling (thanks to mono-shock) Honda is far better. It’s not a good sprinter like pulsar but way ahead in the stretch. And of course you get a better mileage. May be if honda comes out with a non-spoke wheel - might win in style department also.
I vouch for Honda and no period for it...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks