Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2011, 12:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Servicing my Honda Activa!!!

Anyone here know about a decent Honda Activa service garage in Indiranagar? How's City Mobike Works?
Old 30th July 2011, 09:27   #17
BHPian

I want to service my Honda Activa myself. I do not think it should be a big deal unless it needs engine overhaul, and as the Haynes ad says "You wont call an electrician to change a bulb, why would you go to the garage to change your auto bulb?"

I have tried searching the net for pointers on Activa Servicing and then general scooter servicing but havent found anything.

So, I am asking anyone who can let us know how to proceed about a general servicing of the scooter, like electrical routing, oil changes, carb cleaning etc.

I do plan to dive into my Activa with a spanner and screwdriver even if the answers do not come through, but if there are any knowledgeable folks, be kind enough to share the knowledge.

thank you guys.
Old 5th November 2011, 16:59   #18
BHPian

Kun Honda Adyar Chennai is the worst service center ever. The guys there are unbelievably rude (which is still acceptable if the service is good), your scooter/ bike will end up in a worse condition than before.

I go to my own mechanic and also sometimes the Bikezone in Thiruvanmiyur, who is quite okay, but anyday better than these Kun losers.

My fav quote from the Kun service rep (an upstart by the name of Karthik), "Saar, after all, this is a 40k scooter not some BMW" There's pretty much nothing can say much after that without losing your BP and/or Sanity.
Old 5th November 2011, 17:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
I want to service my Honda Activa myself. I do not think it should be a big deal unless it needs engine overhaul, and as the Haynes ad says "You wont call an electrician to change a bulb, why would you go to the garage to change your auto bulb?"

I have tried searching the net for pointers on Activa Servicing and then general scooter servicing but havent found anything.

So, I am asking anyone who can let us know how to proceed about a general servicing of the scooter, like electrical routing, oil changes, carb cleaning etc.

I do plan to dive into my Activa with a spanner and screwdriver even if the answers do not come through, but if there are any knowledgeable folks, be kind enough to share the knowledge.

thank you guys.
Here's RG sir's detailed explanation on "How to replace Engine Oil for Honda Activa/Dio" from another forum
Engine Oil change for Honda Activa - xBhp.com : The Global Indian Biking Community
Old 16th September 2013, 11:25   #20
BHPian

Has anyone faced suspension issues?
Old 27th July 2014, 16:45   #21

Hey
I need some help.
I gave my honda activa for servicing to a local mechanic in viveknagar around 2 to 3 weeks back. The bike seemed to be working properly for a week and half. After that it the bike just started jerking when it starts moving every morning and recently i checked the oil level and its very less. The problem is, im not sure if the mechanic even serviced it properly. How do i check that?
Old 3rd September 2014, 02:27   #22
BHPian

Its very difficult for getting two-wheeler servicing done properly in Bangalore owing to the fact that each dealer gets many vehicles to service every day . Its true that all the vehicles do not get proper servicing attention . Most of the time i do doubt that they add up items in bill which are not even performed. This could be the reason that they do not allow customers to see their vehicles getting serviced.
Hence i am still in search of a good authorized/unauthorized service station for HONDA two wheeler's in Bangalore. Members any good suggestions are welcome.
Old 3rd September 2014, 09:36   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashish_BHP View Post
Its very difficult for getting two-wheeler servicing done properly in Bangalore owing to the fact that each dealer gets many vehicles to service every day . Its true that all the vehicles do not get proper servicing attention . Most of the time i do doubt that they add up items in bill which are not even performed. This could be the reason that they do not allow customers to see their vehicles getting serviced.
Hence i am still in search of a good authorized/unauthorized service station for HONDA two wheeler's in Bangalore. Members any good suggestions are welcome.
Try visiting the same Honda authorised service centre on a weekday. The number of vehicles is less (compared to weekend) and more personal attention is provided to each vehicle.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 22:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
Try visiting the same Honda authorised service centre on a weekday. The number of vehicles is less (compared to weekend) and more personal attention is provided to each vehicle.

Rohan
hi Rohit,
Though it worked out somehow this time. I visited on a weekday this time and got a better job done this time..but i had to keep bugging the in charge mechanic so that they do not JUST DO IT...i stayed at the bay and watched it being done..The vehicle feels NEW this time ..much Pleased.
Old 7th September 2014, 22:28   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post

Rohan
hi Rohit,
Though it worked out somehow this time. I visited on a weekday this time and got a better job done this time..but i had to keep bugging the in charge mechanic so that they do not JUST DO IT... I stayed at the bay and watched it being done..The vehicle feels NEW this time. Much Pleased.

Last edited by ashish_BHP : 7th September 2014 at 22:41.
Old 19th February 2015, 08:36   #26
BHPian

Are there any good mechanics around JP Nagar 7th phase ?
Earlier I used to give it to a center where they guy did a good job, After the servicing the vehicle used to run butter smooth at least for 4-5 days. He is no longer there.

Also is there anything other than these points which make the vehicle smooth ?
- Engine Oil change
- Gear box oil change
- Clutch / Variator bush overhaul
- Battery (Check for distilled water if it is not maint free)
- Spark Plug change/cleaning.

I Specify these points so that the mechanic does not just wash it and return it as is .

Thanks
Fillmore
Old 19th February 2015, 10:43   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Fillmore:

You can add "clean or replace the air filter" to your list.

I have seen air filters that were so dirty it was amazing the engine could even run.

Your Activa uses a pleated (folded) air filter which really should be replaced per the Owners Manual recommendation.
In very dusty environments this can be as often as every servicing.

If replacement is not an option, the filter can be removed and examined.
If it is dry, without oil or other fluid contamination the mechanic can use high pressure air, blowing from the engine side of the filter towards the air inlet side to blow out much of the dust and dirt that has accumulated in the paper fibers.

This will allow the engine to breath better which will improve your fuel economy as well as improve the amount of horsepower the engine can produce.

Under NO circumstances should the filter be washed in any fluid of any kind.
Blowing air thru the filter in a direction opposite the normal air flow is the best that can be done short of replacing the filter.

Because the air filter removes dirt and dust that can rapidly wear out your engine it must always be in place (even if it is dirty).

Last edited by ArizonaJim : 19th February 2015 at 10:49.
ArizonaJim is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2015, 12:06   #28
BHPian

Re: DIY Maintenance Videos - Servicing my Honda Activa!!!

OK, I've been looking up this topic and most of the maintenance tasks are straightforward. The best resource I found was on YouTube
If nothing else, it will help you make sure your roadside mechanic does it right!!

Search for: Activa Lokesh Jain

Good luck! And dont forget to post your experiences here!
Here are the links -

(Mods: - Youtube allows downloading videos in India, so I guess this is not against the rules).

For downloading the videos use the following URLs to go to a site that helps you download them (Most are around 10MB or less)

Last edited by GTO : 28th February 2015 at 10:22. Reason: Fixing youtube links
mvadg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th November 2015, 22:19   #29
BHPian

I own a 2014 Activa which has run 8000 kms. In the last service, I changed the oil to synthetic (Motul 5100 10W30) & there is a lot of improvement in the overall performance as well as the fuel efficiency. It doesn't take much effort to reach 60 kmph & the top speed has also increased. Previously it was returning an average of 40 kmpl, but now after the oil change & a little carb setting, it gives me 50 kmpl. I'm very happy with my decision to change to synthetic & I'll recommend other Activa owners to give it a try.
Old 23rd June 2016, 15:04   #30
BHPian

Hey everyone, I'm planning to service my 2013 HET activa by myself at home ( gives me more satisfaction). I've understood the how to's from the various videos posted here. What i haven't understood is the purpose of the secondary (foam type) air cleaner and the crankcase breather. Also, it'd be nice if someone instructed me on what to do with the crankcase breather during every service.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks