Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2007, 12:09   #1
BHPian

Servicing my Honda Activa!!!

Hi,
As the above question specifies i'm in need of a good mechanic shop in rajajinagar area for servicing my Activa as Planet Honda service station are worst in servicing. They don't even wash my Activa when given for servicing leave alone servicing....
So, please suggest me some good mechanic shop in and around rajajinagar area. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ramki.
Old 12th October 2007, 12:40   #2
BHPian

@ramki you can go to power zone rajkumar road ( next to dcb bank) and meet mr prabhu he will do the need full, and of course you can trust him.
Old 12th October 2007, 13:49   #3
BHPian

thanks prajeep for the info..I shall contact Mr. Prabhu for the next service. Thanks once again...
Old 8th April 2008, 13:06   #4
BHPian

I had taken my recently bought Activa for first service today morning to Kun Honda at Adyar Chennai. The experience to start of was awful. The vehicle was bought on 15-Feb. The first service due was 15-Mar. It was my mistake that I didnt fix up appointment prior to that and as its been a long time since I used a 2 wheeler or serviced it didnt understand the troubles involved.

When I requested for a service appointment on 17-Mar they gave me a date of 26-Mar! But unfortunately I couldn't go on that date due to office work. New appointment was given for 08-Apr only! When I asked if cant service earlier they said I can bring the vechicle on any day at 7AM and on a first come first serve basis they will take 30 vehicles which is not booked for service already. I didn't want to take a chance by traveling 10kms early in the morning.

Today morning I went there at 8AM and waited until 9AM before my turn came. And the guy promptly said the first service cant be given as I should have done it by 15-Mar itself and I have to pay Rs.280 for a paid service! Even after arguments he didn't bother to give any concession. I said even for cars they have some leniency that within a month or the next 1000 km they do consider it. But he was stubborn.

I dont know what is such a big deal in giving that free service even it the exact date is 3 weeks earlier. Absolutely no respite for the customer. The way they use the service lane for parking all the vehicles, the way they make the customer stand in the sun for 1 hour early in the morning. It was sicker than dealing with govt offices.

These guys don't have place inside their service centers for the customers or the vehicles. Everything happens on the road!

Though the vehicle itself is smooth I dont see it gives more than 30kms of mileage in normal conditions (I have to agree my dad drives at very slow speed and in crowded places most of the time). Self-start doesn't work most of the time. The battery drains too fast. Cold starts in the morning are a trouble so far.

I bought my Splendor in 1999 and back then it was a breeze to get it serviced. In today's situation I think there are too many vehicles to service and also the value of the customer has come down. The way these guys behaved in the morning. They dont even look at the customer on the face, they dont smile, they were like machines.

He asked me to talk to "Honda" and not to him regarding the free first service. I asked should I go to the Honda factory. He asked me to send an email! When I later called up Kun Honda some one who picked the phone asked to talk to the service manager in person when I go to collect the vehicle!

It is just a matter of Rs.280! But the service experience is what matters to me most even if i had bought a paper clip!

Some pictures of the situation in front of Kun Honda this morning:
Attached Thumbnails
Servicing my Honda Activa!!!-honda1.jpg  

Servicing my Honda Activa!!!-honda2.jpg  

Servicing my Honda Activa!!!-honda3.jpg  

Servicing my Honda Activa!!!-honda4.jpg  

Old 8th April 2008, 13:34   #5
Senior - BHPian

LandCruiser,

Thats all? Try seeing the Silicon honda service station near Lalbagh West Gate(bangalore), just kidding, But i once saw 6 rows of such parking above and I had to wait nearly 30mins just to take out my GF's Dio after service. (no wonder girls always act nice when its bike servicing time!!!)

But Yes, all guys act cranky now-a-days, simple reason, If not you, someone else. this is a boom time and the last place one can expect courtesy is in the 2 wheeler industry.

One simple rule I follow always, make a REAL BAD SCENE(my girl;s better), I get the best service from these chaps. I make them cry if its not upto my satisfaction. Example - one service i wasnt around for the delivery, I had instructed my girl that always insist on the replaced old parts packed for you, guess what, that evening i found a liter of engine oil (USED!!) packed nicely in a castrol plastic can. Just goes to show how much she must have drilled that poor chap to get it done.

Rule of the road - always walk around with a screwdriver, you never know when you need it to get your work done.
Old 8th April 2008, 13:37   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post
When I requested for a service appointment on 17-Mar they gave me a date of 26-Mar!
Its a similar situation here.
If ya go late they book it under the next servicing, no body wash included unless asked and paid for.
Booking system doesnt work much... one has to go early and wait in line. its easily 11 o clock before the bike is taken in. trust me, 150-200 bikes wait in line for booking, delivery is delayed to the next day...problems unique to the bike are not taken care of, its just their normal servicing drill.
2 very sad things are that they swap all the screws, metal fenders and their reply is that they open all bikes together so cant keep the stuff separately...
My bike was good but the 1st servicing screwed it, the carb setting got screwed the engine konked off when i hit the throttle while idling & coughed when at a speed. had to get it set outside coz the service centre would do it only in the next servicing.

This happened over 3 servicing, until i hit a rapport with a service advisor over there and i go to him each time, so the bike is taken in within half an hour and is serviced properly. hence i can utilise the free servicing after which i plan to get it serviced outside at my convenience, with the guy who's been doing my kine for the last 14 years.

Last edited by gendarmee : 8th April 2008 at 13:38. Reason: typo
Old 8th April 2008, 15:04   #7
Senior - BHPian

I have a very good customer experience with Dhruvdesh Honda since 2 years. Only the 1st service was delayed from my side and had to pay for that. Also they started a new service centre at Gokula Extension (near BEL circle) towards the end of 2006. I never waited for anything. They are very quick and on time as promised by the service guys. Overcrowded service centres will have all the unhappy customers, its normal at any place.
Old 8th April 2008, 15:05   #8
BHPian

yup dealing with honda dealerships & service centers is a nightmare, even in Mumbai its just awful & the company is the height of indifference . i have completely sworn off honda as a brand due to such reasons.
Old 8th April 2008, 16:47   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
This happened over 3 servicing, until i hit a rapport with a service advisor over there and i go to him each time, so the bike is taken in within half an hour and is serviced properly. hence i can utilise the free servicing after which i plan to get it serviced outside at my convenience, with the guy who's been doing my kine for the last 14 years.

And yea i forgot to mention, its the same problem with even the other brands, Where the authorised service centres have a monopoly.
Used to be the same problem back in the days with kinetic when kinetic honda was popular, nowdays with honda, bajaj ect. once the number of bikes of a particular brand increases this problem arises.

What one can do is work around it, hit a rapport with the centre guy/service advisor so the bike is taken care of personally or just get the servicing/fine tuning done from a shop outside. I choose the second option back in the kine days. saved me a lot of trouble and time, more so, i could get it done at my convenience, plus, i personally buy the spares from the distributor so saving a lot of cash.
Eg) I needed to get the front mud guard replaced, coz i couldnt wait for tinkering-touch up. the authorised guy's accessment was Rs2000(new mudguard+painting it+new cones+new ballbearings) I got the same painted genuine Honda mud guard with the distributor for 740 rupees and fitting it cost 100 rupees & 35 minutes, done in the evening at 8 O' clock.Could never had got that done at the service centre.

Last edited by gendarmee : 8th April 2008 at 16:49. Reason: didnt know ***** would get censored
Old 9th April 2008, 00:53   #10

I gave my Activa for service at Castrol Bike Zone(CBZ) after the "great" service done by the Honda guys. CBZ was OK, not that great.

Now I need to give my Activa for service but am not sure where to give it. I reside in Yeshwanthpur. Anybody know any good mech?
Old 24th April 2008, 23:57   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LandCruiser View Post

Self-start doesn't work most of the time. The battery drains too fast. Cold starts in the morning are a trouble so far.

I have had a similar experience.
Thats a regular problem with the activas, just found out that they dont top up the battery water, dont clean the carb, but just adjust the screws & change the oil grease the suspension may be....so the free servicing is a basically nothing.

I suggest you buy a bottle of distilled water and fill up the battery, go to an after market mechie and get the bike's carb cleaned & clutch serviced properly. It should give a better mileage.
Check out this thead of mine ->

Last edited by gendarmee : 25th April 2008 at 00:08. Reason: adding link
Old 12th December 2009, 09:55   #12
BHPian

Bad Experience at Dhruvdesh Motors, Bangalore

My wife had a terrible experience with Dhruvdesh Motors at Jayamahal Extension.
The estimate for a simple Service was Rs. 1000. A little later the service Center calls and informs that they will have to change the spark plug and it will cost another Rs.1000. My wife said OK. A little while they again called as said that there is some issue with the connector to the battery and the starter will not work and it will cost Rs.100 to replace. By this time my wife was suspicious. She called me. I told her to ask them to give the scooter in the same condition it was brought in without changing the spark plug or the connector to the battery. She also gave them a ear full. They then suddenly softened and said that it was not absolutely necessary.
Even the simple service cost her Rs.1500.

I was looking at the line items and found things like Battery charge. Why would the battery be charged in a regular service. The battery is new and I had fixed it myself. It is a complete con job.
I have attached a scan of the bill. I have no idea why so many parts were changed. And I have no way of verifying that these parts were changed. Maruti has a practice of giving all the old parts back to you. This was a big assurance that all those parts that they claim to have changed have actually been changed. Not so for Honda.

Any idea how should this be handled and which is a good service center for the Honda scooters in Bangalore. We live on the Bannerghatta road.

Last edited by sharathjeppu : 12th December 2009 at 09:58. Reason: added title
Old 13th December 2009, 19:39   #13
Distinguished - BHPian

I think that after the warranty expires and the free services are all over it should be high time to bid adieu to the TASS.
Castrol Bike Zone or any other good workshop may do much better jobs.The HMSL dealers are messing up the things in most cities.
Old 20th January 2011, 18:18   #14

Re: Servicing my Honda Activa!!!

Couldn't find any data/views on City Honda, KH Road Bangalore : Any views/experiences while servicing Activa at this service station?

Thanks.
Old 23rd March 2011, 03:12   #15
BHPian

Re: Servicing my Honda Activa!!!

Hi all

I am looking at servicing my 1 year old Honda Activa in Chennai.

It has never been serviced, since i have been using it only recently.

Going by the posts above, authorized dealers do not see to be the best proposition.

I was considering Castrol Bike zone on Nelson manickam road, near Ampa Skywalk.

Any pointers on things that i should look out for.

My bike has only run 3k kilometers in the last 6 months n mileage is less than 30kms/litre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks