Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2007, 15:00   #46
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by extreme_torque View Post
Can you elaborate more on the falling apart bit. The plastic quality on Bajaj is far better than on HH. The ZMA plastic side panels and front mudguard break even under normal usage, forget a fall. Is it a case of shifting loyalties with the product? How old is ur ZMA?
I agree on this, the plastic Quality on Pulsars is much better than on ZMA(i can only say about these bikes as I have owned these bikes) Also the paint job is of a higher quality on Pulsars.
Old 31st October 2007, 17:34   #47
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

how does that make the quality of the bike any better?

this just is just being sold like the CT100 when it was released and then died when platina plunged in, and lets see which bajaj bike cannibalises this model!
People are buying Bajaj products bcoz they are having quality.

You can fool people, BUT you cannot fool every people every time !
Old 2nd November 2007, 14:56   #48
BHPian

Bajaj, Miles to go..

There was a time when there was huge waiting list for bajaj scooters. It was a status symbol to own a Bajaj.

Bajaj ruled the Indian roads for more than 2 decades. How was bajaj during these days - very few product changes, reliable product, cheap spares, reliable after sales service.

I had bought 4S in 97. A miserable experience. Horrible quality. Junked it after just 2 years and 17K Kms, it was worth just a couple of thousands, after 2 years, depreciation of 70% per year.

I had later owned HH splendor and HH CD Dawn. Reliability, thy name is HH.

Cut.

Ten years later, I have checked on Bajaj's hot sellers, Dejavu. Bajaj has a long way to go. Bajaj has understood the typical Indian needs, and has done a good marketing job. In terms of innovation, yes, it has shown its the leader. Alas, it has not even got the passing grades in reliability and robustness.

Unfortunately, the buyer's parameters for selecting a bike is very different from the parameter's he looks for owning the bike after he has made the purchase. You can see hundreds of guys, how they are keeping their bikes, but had chosen pulsar for the looks!

Bajaj has regained the customer base, people who hope that Bajaj will deliver. This customer base is not going to reduce, in the near future. Time for Bajaj to deliver to these thousand of existing and future customers. Else they will have to go through another painful decade, and Bajaj knows how painful it is.
Old 4th November 2007, 00:31   #49

Good point there....and a very relevant one too considering the state of affairs in the automotive sales and after sales service scenario in this country. A company recalling its product for rectification after sales is a sign of positive attitude on the company's part. Hats off to Bajaj for this......Ideally they should be number one in the market, but then.....well Nevertheless...good luck Bajaj!!!
Old 9th November 2007, 21:00   #50
BHPian

I'm planning to book XCD next week. After reading the whole thread is it wise to buy this bike?

Ramki.
Old 9th November 2007, 21:26   #51
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
I'm planning to book XCD next week. After reading the whole thread is it wise to buy this bike?
Ramki.
Threads dont always tell the true story. Dont think many bajaj owners here complained loads about their bikes!

You recently bought the WagonR, right? Threads would have advised Spark/Santro/Swift only. Same will be the case with Bajaj. It has to go a long way before everyone accepts it a as company in the level of japanese companies.

After 1 1/2 years, i am still happy that i bought a Bajaj bike. (Though HH may have been better, i don't know)
Old 10th November 2007, 21:58   #52
Senior - BHPian

@Ramki - Go ahead, buy the Bajaj and then tell us the tale.
Old 11th November 2007, 00:35   #53
BHPian

Well every product has some good things and some bad things. Today its XCD from Bajaj, tomorrow it might be a bike from the HH, Honda, or the Yamaha stable cribbing up with problems. Someone mentioned about the Honda Unicorn being a very good bike,Agreed. But just one or two friends(as posted in the thread) owning and saying all the good things about it do not generalise about its success/failure!! One of my employees' owns a Unicorn which majoriy of the times happens to be in the service center, then on the roads (problems with the electricals: today headlight not working,tomorrow flashers not working,etc,etc; for which he is paying everytime,although the bike is under warranty : shouldnt Honda do anything about this!!?? whats his fault if its not working,even after paying so much?) This is the situation with Honda at present, i doubt what will happen to HH after the no-competition pact between Honda and Hero Motors gets over, and Hero Motors starts its individual operations in the future. Then it will be a wholly indigenous manufacturer, just like Bajaj. Will it be able to leave up to customers expectations!!??..only time will tel..long way to go.Hehe
Old 12th November 2007, 17:34   #54
BHPian

thanks everybody.Infact i trust Bajaj than TVS, after owning Fiero F2 and knowing its engine quality and knowing the Bajaj reliability with my dads Chetak from the past 7 years, i better go for Bajaj!

I'm booking the bike this weekend.
@kuttapan.. Story telling guaranteed LOL!

Ramki.
Old 14th November 2007, 20:59   #55
BHPian

all are ok!

i think that lucky for us two wheelers are so well priced these days that you cant go very wrong . and most are of pretty good quality anyway. so if a bike sounds good to you, you should just buy it.
Old 26th November 2007, 17:41   #56
BHPian

Go in for the XCD my friend.. its just views of people..

there is no trouble free machine in this world..
when there is an issue that is left un-noticed, people complain.
when a company realizes that n takes care of it, still people complain

To make a recall, a company need to have such a comitment and Guts..
Baja is doing that to make their customers satisfied and showing their commitment.. instead of leaving it and in future some of us discussing in a forum 'may be you XCD was a odd one with that prob, i never faced it'..

Lets appreciate the efforts of BAL.. after all I am a big fan of Pulsar(BAL) for what they have done so far..
Old 26th November 2007, 18:13   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
@Ramki - Go ahead, buy the Bajaj and then tell us the tale.
why dont you tell us about the HH story,how the plastics get dull and scratched after time,how the fit and finish is worse,how the spares are expensive.HH front disc brake pads cost Rs 600 for the CBZ,the Pulsars pads cost Rs 250 ,both last as long and have similar braking performance.Why the premium of 250%?Its the same story with Headlamp assembly,Brake disc,front shocks and not to forget the alloys,when my friend asked the Karizma's alloy wheels were Rs 8K and Pulsars Rs 3.5K,Its a joke.

HH dosent have any technology,they make reliable bikes because they use Honda engines even today which have gone through years of devlopment in Honda's own bikes.The Honda Unicorn and HH Achiver,CBZ Extreme,Hunk have the nearly same engine.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 26th November 2007 at 18:23.
Old 26th November 2007, 18:27   #58
Senior - BHPian

ME: There is a lot of difference in quality of ZMA Alloys & Bajaj Alloys(Discover, XCD, P150,180) please check them manually for thickness & then you will know of quality..

Plastics, yes Bajaj is better
Brakes, Pulsars have better bite.

Quote:
HH dosent have any technology,they make reliable bikes because they use Honda engines which have gone through years of devlopment in Honda's own bikes..
Dude HH has best R&D in country They make innovative stickers & bike names

I always hated the Hero part in HH, the only reason for buying the ZMA was Honda

Last edited by Technocrat : 26th November 2007 at 18:28.
Old 26th November 2007, 18:32   #59
Senior - BHPian

HH parts are certainly expensive, more so for the Karizma. But isn't a Karizma leagues ahead of a Pulsar, quality wise?
Old 26th November 2007, 18:36   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
But isn't a Karizma leagues ahead of a Pulsar, quality wise?
Depends on what do you mean by Quality?

Plastic Quality - No (Here I must mention that the front fairing is much more stronger than Pulsars, its the remaining plastics that are inferior)
Paint Job Quality - No

Ride Quality- Yes
Handling- Yes
Engine smoothness\responsiveness - Yes

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks