Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2007, 21:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12 View Post
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait...The RTR 160 E-Fi is on the cards...With a rear disc.

The P200 is more like a gentle brute to ride, while the RTR's almost square bore x store allow the bike to revv a lot more and hence it should be more fun.

The RTR's chassis will also be a lot better and the bike will be nimbler, though the stance of the P200 would rock.
Finally!!!! I was wondering how not a single person voiced out this point of view......

If most of your riding is going to be in the city, do give the RTR a try. You will be amazed at how nimble the Apache is in the city. The 200, with its fat tyres and long wheelbase, will definitely not feel as easy to scythe through city traffic.
The rear set footpegs of the 200 may also provide problems during long rides in heavy traffic.
Its engine is also very good. Might not sound as good as the Pulsar, but 12k rpm!!!!

And the RTR is a breath of fresh air, and looks better than all the others in its segment.

Last edited by islero : 23rd October 2007 at 21:39.
Old 24th October 2007, 00:26   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero View Post
The 200, with its fat tyres and long wheelbase, will definitely not feel as easy to scythe through city traffic.

The rear set footpegs of the 200 may also provide problems during long rides in heavy traffic.
These are good points. It will be helpful if P200 owners through some light on these points.

Quote:
And the RTR is a breath of fresh air, and looks better than all the others in its segment.
RTR does look smashing but P200 is also a looker. IMO these two are the most proportionate looking bikes in India today.
Old 24th October 2007, 02:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

The RTR is just evolving over and over. Rear disc should make it look even more stunning. RTR is my option with its looks, color scheme, short wheelbase and agility.
Old 24th October 2007, 09:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally!!!! I was wondering how not a single person voiced out this point of view......

If most of your riding is going to be in the city, do give the RTR a try. You will be amazed at how nimble the Apache is in the city. The 200, with its fat tyres and long wheelbase, will definitely not feel as easy to scythe through city traffic.
Its engine is also very good. Might not sound as good as the Pulsar, but 12k rpm!!!!

Yes, I own 200 and its large turning radius is troublesome in traffic when you want to go through narrow space and is definitely not as nimble as RTR. I guess RTR also has rearset footpegs than regular Apache.
the fatter and tubeless tyres soak out our bad roads better than tubed tyres and it feels more planted on highways in crosswinds.
Old 24th October 2007, 12:34   #20
Senior - BHPian

Buy the RTR, with your eyes closed.

Yes, I don't like Bajaj or their products.
Old 24th October 2007, 22:55   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Huh!

And what happened to those which had no forks to begin with? Their owners still ride them as unicycles, do they? .

Ok... sorry for the wisecrack. Could not resist that. Got your point. So which company's forks do the current ones use?
how many 200's were there which had forks broken? all the pics of broken forks all over the interweb were same.(of a blue colored 200, while one was in red). Since then I haven't come across any owner complaining about forks.
so few cases don't make a quality issue, but people seem to concentrate only on faults and conveniently forget other virtues.
btw current forks seem to b made by endurance.

Most Viewed