Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2007, 09:59   #151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
DCEite- congrats. i ll post my pics soon too. by the way dont u love the front fuel filler thingy?
Oh yes when i went to the Fuel station the attendant said "Scooter se to utro, fir petrol dalega" (Get down from the scooter), thinking that the fuel tank is beneath the seat . I told him, "Aage dekho, yahan par petrol dalta hai". He was dumbfounded.
Old 12th November 2007, 10:59   #152
BHPian

dceite congratulations on the flyte
i am amazed that we have had a 6-page discussion on ungeared scooters
Old 12th November 2007, 11:08   #153
Team-BHP Support

Congrats D! Nice choice. And that silver/black colour combo looks great. Keep us updated as you rack up the kilometers.
Old 12th November 2007, 11:30   #154
BHPian

DCEite > To remind u Bajaj Kristal released last year also has an front fueling cap, i hope the petrol bunk which u mentioned must be in a remote place or the attendant must be new to this trade has he has not seen much of these kind.
Old 12th November 2007, 16:27   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
DCEite > To remind u Bajaj Kristal released last year also has an front fueling cap, i hope the petrol bunk which u mentioned must be in a remote place or the attendant must be new to this trade has he has not seen much of these kind.
I am yet to see a Kristal on road. Most of them are Activas or Scooty peps.
Old 12th November 2007, 18:28   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
DCEite > We are expecting an full review of this scooter including its top speed,stability,FE,performance & seating space pls post it immediately thanks in advance. Bye
Well, the speedo says the top speed is 140 kmph . Don't expect him to rip his new baby during run-in period.
Old 14th November 2007, 00:21   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
dceite congratulations on the flyte
i am amazed that we have had a 6-page discussion on ungeared scooters
this little ungeared scooter is into its 7th page now and yeah its amazing that a little scooterette (albeit a 125cc) has raised so much a healthy debate. congrats to dceite on the purchase and my best wishes.

somehow i feel that kinetic perhaps has got this one right after a long long time. good luck to them and its new customers. what has got me ticking on this product is the 3 year warranty. that's simply unheard of in the scooter industry in india till now, obviously.

also i have reliably learnt that honda has now "all of a sudden" has made the activa available on spot delivery! hmmmm...thats interesting don't you think? perhaps they are starting to feel the heat of competetion from upto date products like the kinetic flyte and suzuki access. whatever the reason its good that the "artificial" waiting period for the activa is no more active.

its hard to believe that honda has not been able to ramp up its production for over 3 years to meet the demand for the activa but now suddenly its available on the spot. very interesting indeed.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 14th November 2007 at 00:26.
Old 14th November 2007, 01:38   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
whatever the reason its good that the "artificial" waiting period for the activa is no more active.

its hard to believe that honda has not been able to ramp up its production for over 3 years to meet the demand for the activa but now suddenly its available on the spot. very interesting indeed.
Maybe the demand for Activa is down after the arrival of worthy competetion. Why do you think it was artificial.
Old 14th November 2007, 12:02   #159
Senior - BHPian

Congrats Dceite.!
Nice colour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Well, the speedo says the top speed is 140 kmph . Don't expect him to rip his new baby during run-in period.
Ahh.. Soon Dceite would be posting in the "Top Speeds" thread
Old 14th November 2007, 15:07   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Maybe the demand for Activa is down after the arrival of worthy competetion. Why do you think it was artificial.
artificial because in reality there was no production or supply problem to justify a waiting period. it was just to create an image of high demand for the activa which it actually did and which in turn created an even greater demand.

if they really wanted to they could have caught up with the bookings and ensured deliveries in 2 or 3 days max. best part for them is that they have actually managed to successfully pull this off for over 4 years now.

but now they realize that the time has come to change that approach.
Old 16th November 2007, 09:57   #161

Which is the best scooterette ?

Hi All,

I am a newbie on Team-BHP and in the process of upgrading form Scooty ES to a new scooterette . I have zeroed in on
1. Scooty Pep + (has better features than ES)
2. Hero Honda Pleasure (read good reviews on internet).
3. Kinetic Sym Flyte. (After reading DC ite thread in this website !)

The things that I want from my scoot is mileage, good pick up n better ground clearance (than Scooty ES). Honda Activa is out of my list coz its very heavy (why should I be saddled with an Elephant !?) n I havent heard good things abt its mileage (just abt 40?). I owned a Hero Puch before Scooty ES. Both of them gave me good mileage HP, abt 55+, Scooty abt 45+.

I need help from you guys in picking a better scoot out of the above three. help me ! Your reviews/thoughts will help me deciede.

Thnx.
Old 16th November 2007, 10:50   #162
Senior - BHPian

Try Suzuki new scooter. Its a 125cc engine with 8.5BHP and the mileage is better than Honda Activa. Also you can try Dio it has fibre body and is not heavy as Activa.
Old 16th November 2007, 10:58   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirisha View Post
Hi All,

I am a newbie on Team-BHP and in the process of upgrading form Scooty ES to a new scooterette . I have zeroed in on
1. Scooty Pep + (has better features than ES)
2. Hero Honda Pleasure (read good reviews on internet).
3. Kinetic Sym Flyte. (After reading DC ite thread in this website !)
Out of the choices you mentioned, the only scooterette which has telescopic front suspension is the Kinetic-SYM Flyte.
Also, i hear good things about Suzuki Access. It too has telescopic suspension upfront and is 125cc much like KSF.
If you ask me, Kinetic-SYM Flyte it is!

P.S. I have nothing to do with DC
Old 16th November 2007, 11:36   #164

Oops ! Misssed the "E" out, dint I ? U knw I did actually wonder if u were a part of DC. Ok coming back to the topic, why would you prefer Sym Flyte over the others? And what is telescopic front suspension ? I am a complete novice when it comes to all these techie terms.
Old 16th November 2007, 13:33   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Out of the choices you mentioned, the only scooterette which has telescopic front suspension is the Kinetic-SYM Flyte.
Also, i hear good things about Suzuki Access. It too has telescopic suspension upfront and is 125cc much like KSF.
If you ask me, Kinetic-SYM Flyte it is!

P.S. I have nothing to do with DC
the access is quite bigger in overall size than the ksf and costs at least 3.5k more. the main feature diff is the front fueling of the ksf thats not available on the access. rest of the features are kind of similar.

the access it appears is quite squarely targeted at the activa market while the fltye is targeted at the pep & pleasure market.

best is to test ride both back to back & then decide which fits your purpose & budget better. mileagewise i think that both will deliver similar averages.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed