Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2007, 11:36   #196
BHPian

I read in another forum the CEO of Honda telling they are coming out with three twowheelers one amoung them is an 125cc scooter to compete with the access125 & flyte125, so its better to wait and watch this section than hurriedly going for access or flyte as the Honda engine is an bullet proof one from what we know from the Activa.
Old 27th November 2007, 11:58   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I read in another forum the CEO of Honda telling they are coming out with three twowheelers one amoung them is an 125cc scooter to compete with the access125 & flyte125, so its better to wait and watch this section than hurriedly going for access or flyte as the Honda engine is an bullet proof one from what we know from the Activa.
I agree - quality of Activa is much better!! Only if Honda gets little prompt in delivery and bringing up features proactively rather than following competition and reacting!
Old 7th December 2007, 18:48   #198
Senior - BHPian

Update: First service has not yet happened, but i have two issues:

1. There is no indicator beep and auto neutral. Very frustrating to remember every time to put indicator switch back to neutral position.

2. It takes too much time to warm up after cold start, even after using choke. The engine rpm just doesn't rise even after opening the throttle a fair bit.

Any inputs?
Old 7th December 2007, 19:04   #199
BHPian

Did take test ride of both Access and Flyte today.

The pick up of Access is really good and the engine is butter smooth. The build quality is awsome. Features are also really good. It almost looked like a combination of Activa and Eterno. Looks are not exciting. Ride quality is also good, but Flyte scores much higher in this aspect.

Flyte looks good and is really feature-rich. The engine is smooth but a bit below the Access's smoothness. Pick-up is less for this 125-cc engine. Lots of space under the seat, front fuel-filling, mobile charger, nice features. I found the quality is not still in the class. Found some panel gaps in the floor. Finish needs to be upped. The rear foot pegs are very loose and noisy. I liked the foot pegs of Access, really good and looks neat. The plus point of Flyte is the ride and handling, very good suspension and maneuverability in the traffic is really good.

Am going to buy a Scooter for my wife, and am still in dilemma whether to go for Flyte, after my horrifying experice with Blaze.
Old 7th December 2007, 20:28   #200
Senior - BHPian

Ravi, if you havent sold the blaze, why not continue? Else access never hurt anyone - better than a known डीठ company (stubbornly bad service )

DCEite bhai,
a. Auto neutral doesnt work in 2wheels. unless flyte has a good solution (speaking from activa exp!). Beeper can be just a 80 buck addon.
b. Wouldnt just taking it to service center and increasing idling do the trick.
Old 7th December 2007, 20:39   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post

2. It takes too much time to warm up after cold start, even after using choke. The engine rpm just doesn't rise even after opening the throttle a fair bit.

Any inputs?
Does this improve after the engine is fully warmed up? If not, then its probably not related to warmup.
Old 7th December 2007, 21:42   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Does this improve after the engine is fully warmed up? If not, then its probably not related to warmup.
Yes the rpm improves after the engine is warmed up. But the problem is it takes too much time to warm up. In morning my neighborhood aunty on her Activa just starts and takes off while keep waiting for the engine to warm up.
Old 8th December 2007, 13:26   #203
BHPian

ravi- for women, I think flyte is better. Access more suitable for older family men types, plus flyte is much cheaper and 3 yr warranty etc.

DCE - ask about the warmup at service time. shouldnt be much of an issue. when is service due? many activa and dio have cold start problem too, esp if weather is really very cold.
Old 9th December 2007, 00:14   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Yes the rpm improves after the engine is warmed up. But the problem is it takes too much time to warm up. In morning my neighborhood aunty on her Activa just starts and takes off while keep waiting for the engine to warm up.
any engine that runs on the "leaner"* side takes more time to warm up especially in winter. activas' normally have to run a bit "rich"* (hence the low mileage) and so take less time to warm up. but its nothing to be bothered about. once into feb/mar you will see that this issue improves. do not worry.

also this is a result of the exhaust emission norms that the flyte complies to. it already complies with the next level of emissions controls to be introduced in india late next year. the activa does not meet the upcoming norms.

btw i have learnt that the activa is now available within 3 days of paying up! interesting considering that it was about 45 days waiting until 4 weeks back. nothing wakes up manufacturers and dealers like competetion! guess the access and flyte are beginning to kick some honda a**! well, they deserve to be kicked hard for artificially creating a huge market demand for their activa.

*this is to do with the air-fuel ratio with lean being less fuel and more air and rich meaning the other way around.

Last edited by hollywoodhogan : 9th December 2007 at 00:16.
Old 10th December 2007, 14:47   #205
BHPian

hollywoodhogan - is that what the "secondary air injection" technology does - improve emissions?

ravi - i think any lady would prefer flyte to access as it has many convenience features like front fuel, bigger storage space and 2 bag hooks. and another advantage of flyte is that it is really easy to put it on the main stand which is good for women.
Old 10th December 2007, 16:26   #206
BHPian

Yes!
I too prefer Flyte for my wife. It is the winner in all the ways, except that it has the tag 'Kinetic.'

After my experience with Kinetic with product Blaze, my heart says think twice.
Old 10th December 2007, 23:12   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
hollywoodhogan - is that what the "secondary air injection" technology does - improve emissions?
yes, secondary air injection does that. its not a very new tech though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Yes!
I too prefer Flyte for my wife. It is the winner in all the ways, except that it has the tag 'Kinetic.'

After my experience with Kinetic with product Blaze, my heart says think twice.
i understand your feeling ravi64bhp. perhaps your heart says the flyte but your head says no to kinetic. somehow i feel that THIS time kinetic has got it right. just go to any kinetic showroom and take a test ride of all the models available and the flyte too and you can see the diff.
Old 10th December 2007, 23:19   #208
SuperSyn

ravi@64bhp

The product itself seems decent by all accounts. If the service facilities and the personnel are also acceeptable, go for Flyte. I would not shun Flyte only because of the Blaze experience; two different products.

May be you can try and get feedback from any Flyte owners at that particular service center/dealer to get focussed feedback?

Old 10th December 2007, 23:55   #209
BHPian

hollywoodhogan,
I have already taken the test ride of Flyte and found it to be better than any other scooter. Ride and handling is really good for a scooter. Even after riding Karizma, I felt this scooter very comfortable as soon as I sat on it. When I rode, it felt like, i have been using this scoot for many years.

Anyway, I have booked Flyte today for my wife. Would get the delivery after three days. My wife liked only red color, so have to wait for three more days. Hope it delights us with its companionship.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 10th December 2007 at 23:58.
Old 11th December 2007, 01:19   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSyn View Post
ravi@64bhp

The product itself seems decent by all accounts. If the service facilities and the personnel are also acceeptable, go for Flyte. I would not shun Flyte only because of the Blaze experience; two different products.

May be you can try and get feedback from any Flyte owners at that particular service center/dealer to get focussed feedback?
SuperSyn
Agree with you that Flyte and Blaze are two different products, but the service people are same. Very bad service. Kinetic has to improve a lot in this aspect. Problem identifying is very bad, spares are not easily available. They do not know how to respect a customer. The list goes on... Many of my friends had a very bad experience with Kinetic. Almost everybody in biking industry knows about Kinetic, and how its service is.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks