Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2007, 12:26   #211
BHPian

we've had good experience with kinetic -- my family had a kinetic DX bought in 2001 (still use it in fact), and now I have got a flyte and never had any complaints about quality or service on both vehicles. so ravi - i think you'll be fine with flyte.

but i dont know about blaze or others.

On the other hand, in between we had got one bajaj saffire that had the worst quality and service you can imagine. we had to sell it off quickly at a bad price, my father was quite upset.
Old 11th December 2007, 13:46   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
hollywoodhogan,
I have already taken the test ride of Flyte and found it to be better than any other scooter. Ride and handling is really good for a scooter. Even after riding Karizma, I felt this scooter very comfortable as soon as I sat on it. When I rode, it felt like, i have been using this scoot for many years.

Anyway, I have booked Flyte today for my wife. Would get the delivery after three days. My wife liked only red color, so have to wait for three more days. Hope it delights us with its companionship.
firstly, congrats on the purchase. right choice i feel.

on the aspect of service and personnel being same....i understand. but there is one important thing when it comes to post sale service with most brands and service centers, that is when the product is good the service experience at worse is average but when the product itself has problems (like the blaze) then the service experience becomes very very bitter.

post a pic or 2 once you collect the flyte.
Old 11th December 2007, 17:31   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie View Post
On the other hand, in between we had got one bajaj saffire that had the worst quality and service you can imagine. we had to sell it off quickly at a bad price, my father was quite upset.
Bajaj!? Kinetic is a lot better than Bajaj in scooter market. I would prefer kinetic than Bajaj.

Happy to learn that you have very good experince with Kinetic. Hope I would experience the same; also I changed the service center this time. Lot of good reviews about Flyte making me feel better.

Hollywoodhogan,
Agree with you. Would post the pictures as soon as we get the scooter.
Old 11th December 2007, 20:23   #214
BHPian

Quote:
\ Lot of good reviews about Flyte making me feel better.
Flyte is also Overdrive's choice of scooter now. They've published a detailed comparo of all todays scooters (like activa, access, pep) in DEC issue and voted FLYTE as their choice.
Old 13th December 2007, 16:52   #215

Ungeared Scooter Rulez

When will be nxt gen of ungeared scooters? In Europe n MiddleEast ungeared scooters gaining prominence here with power filled features. like suzuki burgman, honda foresight, yamaha majesty etc. these motoscooters r the icons of city fame. name a few countries like Italy n France.

when India is gonna launch these monster scootez??
Old 13th December 2007, 22:08   #216
BHPian

Though I am buying Flyte for my wife, now and then I would be using it. My wife wants flasy red color which I do not feel like riding it as the bike looks feminine. How about silver color, does not it look decent?
Old 14th December 2007, 11:58   #217
BHPian

Members can pls wait for the launch of the new Honda scooter the LEAD with 110cc and petrol tank at the bottom of the footboard which leads to more laugage space for two helmets, it also comes with an bigger tyre for photos you can go through this mths(DEC 2007) Overdrive.
Old 14th December 2007, 15:02   #218
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Though I am buying Flyte for my wife, now and then I would be using it. My wife wants flasy red color which I do not feel like riding it as the bike looks feminine. How about silver color, does not it look decent?
I have the silver and IMO looks the best of the lot. You can also consider black.
Old 14th December 2007, 21:30   #219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Members can pls wait for the launch of the new Honda scooter the LEAD with 110cc and petrol tank at the bottom of the footboard which leads to more laugage space for two helmets, it also comes with an bigger tyre for photos you can go through this mths(DEC 2007) Overdrive.
yes thats an option but a 125cc with the petrol tank under the foot board, with the front fueling and with the larger luggage space, with larger tyres (3.50 x 10 - round profile aka zapper style) and with a 3 year warranty is already available in the flyte, unless of course one prefers to wait for "honda" to launch it.

to date when it comes to 2-wheelers honda has been offering outdated designs and models to the indian market until it gets stung by a competitor! now don't get me wrong because honda vehicles obviously come with "bullet proof" reliability and practicality but when it comes to features and technology its nothing to write home about.

however others are catching up very fast on the reliability and practicality aspect too.
Old 15th December 2007, 11:41   #220
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Thats good news Honda Lead 110cc ( pics, links, specs please) , I was getting bored of seeing activas everywhere, BTW I test rode the Access 125 and I must say that its performance is mind blowing.

I never expected so much low end torque and power from a ungeared scooter, a whole new revelation, though I have not test rode the flyte I would book the access 125 and I would be soon, lol.

And I fogot to add I am a heavy set person, cough cough I hope you guys you know what I mean and with the salesguy pillion, man it was awesome.

Kinetic blaze that I test rode was slower of the line, i dont know why and did not as good intial pick up and torque, and their quality is not great.

The access look are conservative then Activa but the tail light is awesome

Thats bout it, looking forward to test ride the Flyte.
Old 15th December 2007, 12:07   #221
BHPian

access and flyte - new stars of scootering world?

So do we think that the mantle of scooters has passed from activa and pep to access and flyte? are these the two new stars of scootering? test rides of both are eye openers.

major advantages of these two new scooters over the others are:

- superior front telescopic suspension - a real blessing on our notorious roads
- very good and smooth 125cc engines
- high quality and fit finish
- advanced convenience features

Flyte gives better advantage of value for money by being priced better, and with long warranty and some more features like bigger battery, front fuel, bigger storage, mobile charging etc. SYM is known to make some of the best scooters in the world.

Access looks are suitable for family men types age 40+
Flyte looks are good for younger generation, and women.
Old 15th December 2007, 14:21   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Thats good news Honda Lead 110cc ( pics, links, specs please) , I was getting bored of seeing activas everywhere, BTW I test rode the Access 125 and I must say that its performance is mind blowing.

I never expected so much low end torque and power from a ungeared scooter, a whole new revelation, though I have not test rode the flyte I would book the access 125 and I would be soon, lol.

The access look are conservative then Activa but the tail light is awesome

Thats bout it, looking forward to test ride the Flyte.
the access is a really good scoot. and like sunilbakshi says, it appears that the access will replace the activa as the middle age and family favorite and the flyte will replace the pep as the youth and girls favorite.

if you are built as you claim to be i would request you to test a particular aspect of both the access and flyte. though the flyte is built smaller its got a lot of mid-range and top end torque. check out the performance of both above 50kmph all the way to the top. i believe that the flyte will plesantly surprise you.

apart from the above what just tilts the balance towards the flyte is the price (3.5k cheaper) and the 3 year warranty on engine.

anyway, which ever you buy, both will be a good buy no doubt.
Old 15th December 2007, 15:20   #223
JPL
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodhogan View Post
the access is a really good scoot. and like sunilbakshi says, it appears that the access will replace the activa as the middle age and family favorite and the flyte will replace the pep as the youth and girls favorite.

if you are built as you claim to be i would request you to test a particular aspect of both the access and flyte. though the flyte is built smaller its got a lot of mid-range and top end torque. check out the performance of both above 50kmph all the way to the top. i believe that the flyte will plesantly surprise you.

apart from the above what just tilts the balance towards the flyte is the price (3.5k cheaper) and the 3 year warranty on engine.

anyway, which ever you buy, both will be a good buy no doubt.
Hey there HH thanks for suggestion. I will def test ride the flyte before making the booking and also the flyte.

Scoot is for my dad for normal day to day commute. He is used to riding geared scoots for more then 30 years and is sceptical about ungeared since he has only ridden the kine and Iam actually the acid testing the scoots for him !!

3.5 k is not much a saving though, do you know whats the Flyte body panel made of ( looks like FRP etcc.) and what about the delivery?, but still Kinetic quality is something to think about !!
Old 15th December 2007, 16:10   #224
BHPian

flyte

flyte body is ABS, same as all others. only activa and kinetic 4s have metal body if thats what u mean?

flyte quality is fine, no complaints and you can see for yourself when u take test ride. its obvious when u just look at it also.

access sounds ok to me, but honestly i did not like its look at all but maybe suitable for yr dad. but i think 3500 saving is good, and actually its more when u start talking to them about accessories. In 3500 bucks u can get a mobile phone, or a dvd player or a great haircut etc.
Old 15th December 2007, 23:58   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPL View Post
Hey there HH thanks for suggestion. I will def test ride the flyte before making the booking and also the flyte.

Scoot is for my dad for normal day to day commute. He is used to riding geared scoots for more then 30 years and is sceptical about ungeared since he has only ridden the kine and Iam actually the acid testing the scoots for him !!

3.5 k is not much a saving though, do you know whats the Flyte body panel made of ( looks like FRP etcc.) and what about the delivery?, but still Kinetic quality is something to think about !!
like archie said, the flyte and the access both have plastic bodies. if its for your dad then after your acid test perhaps he can give both ones a go. and 3.5k is on average 3 months of petrol money and the 3 year warranty gives an intangible benefit.

delivery in bangalore is colour dependant but mostly in the range of 7-14 days.

kinetic quality sucks even now except for the flyte which is there for all of us to see. this is i am made to understand is because of SYM the taiwan auto giant who ensure that the first vehicle carrying their name in india is up to international standards. and so far they seem to be doing a damm fine job.

btw, this is the same engine that carries a 15 year warranty in taiwan!!! its due to the quality of petrol, oil and the dusty indian conditions that its now just 3 years here but thats still 3 times more than any other scooter in india.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks