Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2009, 18:54   #781
BHPian

Honda deo is the scooter that I like the most.I think the stability of a deo is still not matched by the newer ones like new activa, access or the flyte.
My father is having a mahindra flyte that has just 500 kms on the odo.The things I like about it is front fuelling and a little more space in the underseat storage,it is 22 litres and lights in that space.No mobile charger in it. The highest in the class.But unfortunately there is no box or any storage space in the front as the fuel tank took that space.The engine is smooth and I am happy that it is not making that unpleasant sound that the nova 135 used to make when it moves from a stand still.My father was having nova 135 before this one. Thanks to the telescopic suspension in the front, the braking is more confidence giving. It has got a small scooter feel and some may not like it I think and I am a bit fat that I would love a little more wider seats. Many people has already asked my father whether that is a electric scooter seeing the size of it, as it looks lesser wider than the activa and the access.But I think this scooter is better for the ladies to handle. ride quality is ok but it is not as good as our old nova as it had a plusher feel.This one feels a little more stiff. The mileage he is getting is around 40 and the showroom people have assured him a mileage of around 50 after the third service. Hope it is true.
Old 2nd August 2009, 21:01   #782
Senior - BHPian

DIO upgrade

Wonder if anyone has inside information regarding a facelift to the DIO?

HONDA has moved onto newer engines in the ACTIVA and AVIATOR, wonder when the DIO will get this treatment.

I like the present DIO a lot and think it is ageless. Wonder if we will get huge discounts when HONDA wants to dispose off this stock when the new ones arrive
Old 4th August 2009, 16:39   #783
BHPian

Hi,

We are planning to buy a gear-less scooter for my dad(He is 65+). Would appreciate your inputs.
Main requirements are
1. Gearless.
2. Lightweight
3. Moderate amount of storage
4. Good headhamps.
5. Will be driven solo.
6. Low on maintenance.
7. Budget 45k.
8. Will be driven not more than 5km a day.

Regards,
Mohit
Old 4th August 2009, 16:41   #784
Team-BHP Support

^
My dad uses the TVS Scooty pep and is very comfortable using it.
Old 9th August 2009, 01:03   #785
BHPian

I had a little chit chat with Mr Sanjay Tripathy here who was involved in a market survey for their scooters. They had 4 scooters on display, a 135cc liquid cooled one which has been there a while and the Mio , and a new beefier large alloy wheeled scooter with front/rear disc and twin headlamps vertically set ,ala KTM Duke and Mr Tripathy along with Yamaha officials were discussing with a group college going girls what they liked or didn't like about them, what price point would they expect etc.

Well I doubt these scooters will be launched at all, because their price expectations are much higher than the participating , they got responses like 32K and 38K for pricing , while these scooters couldn't retail under 50K, the moto-scoot more likely approaching FZ price . He also lamented the lower than expected sales of the R-15 .

A little off the scooter topic, but that kind of explains the FI to carb change of the P220 . Either the MNCs are reading the market wrong, or we Indians are poor lot !
Old 12th August 2009, 20:44   #786
BHPian

I need suggestion, What would be the right price to pay for TVS Scooty Pep+ March 2007 model with 2400 KM in Delhi (Gurgoan ragistration)?

Thanks in advance for replies.
Old 12th August 2009, 20:51   #787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireblade007 View Post
My father is having a mahindra flyte that has just 500 kms on the odo.
Has the name changed already?
Quote:
Originally Posted by amohit View Post
Hi,
We are planning to buy a gear-less scooter for my dad(He is 65+). Would appreciate your inputs.
Main requirements are
1. Gearless.
2. Lightweight
3. Moderate amount of storage
4. Good headhamps.
5. Will be driven solo.
I would also recomend Scooty Pep+ for riding solo. Bantam weight and great for older people riding, low speeds, riding single.

Last edited by Mpower : 12th August 2009 at 20:53.
Old 16th August 2009, 12:51   #788
Senior - BHPian

Scooter without a license.

Hi,
I dint know where to post so i chose this thread.What i wanted to know is are there any scooters available which do not need a license to ride.

thanks.
Old 16th August 2009, 14:26   #789
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi,
I dint know where to post so i chose this thread.What i wanted to know is are there any scooters available which do not need a license to ride.

thanks.
Apart from the electric bikes, I am not aware of any two wheeler in the market which does not require you a license to ride.

Update on my HH Pleasure : It squeaks away to glory while riding. Must be the extended exposure to Pune rains.
Old 17th August 2009, 10:19   #790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
Hi,

thanks.
Believe less than 50 CC bikes do not require license
Old 17th August 2009, 15:34   #791
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Yes Mahindra has bought Kinetic's 2 Wheeler unit.

Yeah less than 50cc bikes are exempt from registration too atleast they were a few years ago when such mopeds were launched.
Old 17th August 2009, 15:37   #792
Team-BHP Support

As per
Welcome To TRANSPORT DEPARTMENT GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRAPRADESH - INDIA
the following must be registered.

Quote:
Mopeds and motorised cycles (engine capacity exceeding 35CC)
Old 17th August 2009, 15:46   #793
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Hi Guys,

A few weeks from now, I might buy either a Honda Activa or a Dio. This will be for my wife and will also be used for me whenever wifey sends me for vegetables and grocery shopping.

My question is which dealer is better in Bangalore? We stay in Sanjaynagar area. Close proximity will be a bonus. There is one near Mekhri circle but have not heard a good deal about him (from my neighbour). What is important for me is a dealership with good servicing records. I don't mind going far off but the quality of the service should be good.

Honda owners, please comment.
Old 17th August 2009, 17:43   #794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Cool, thanks for posting this, So I guess those mopeds were less than 35cc
Old 17th August 2009, 17:51   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
^
My dad uses the TVS Scooty pep and is very comfortable using it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post

I would also recomend Scooty Pep+ for riding solo. Bantam weight and great for older people riding, low speeds, riding single.
Thanks a lot.
I guess Pep+ is indeed the right vehicle for him.

Regards,
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks