Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2009, 12:07   #841
BHPian

Technocrat,
Its too much waiting for the hh pleasure,my be due to the labour problems at gurgaon area.
yeasterday went to local dealer to check RTR 180 and i saw atleast 50 new activa's in stock and asking minimum 10k extra for the scooter and funny thing is people are paying for it.
Old 25th October 2009, 12:52   #842
Senior - BHPian

Yeah man I have talked to a few guys & its confirmed that due to the Labor Issues in Gurgaon availability is a big issue with both Honda & HH.

I think We will have to wait till the issue gets resolved.
Old 9th November 2009, 12:55   #843
BHPian

I was never aware of the fact that we have such a active community discussing scooters on this forum. I have a experience to share with.

I sold my 1 year old Honda shine recently and I was on a lookout for a commuting vehicle for both myself and my wife and ended up deciding that we buy a new unisex scoot so that we both can use it. My typical usage is just 5-10 kms on weekdays.

So, I started on my search for that new scoot. Most of the research and recommendations including some road testing of activa, flyte and tvs scooty of friends and neighbors went in favor of Activa. So, called up couple of Honda dealers only to be told that I need to have the best of the patience in this planet for laying my hands on one after booking it. I was told that I will be most luckiest to get my vehicle in Feb'10 if I book one now.

This thought of waiting for so long drained my energy and was exploring other options. I now started looking for Dio which my wife felt is good looking. Called up some number which is published on the website and was promised that I can get a delivery in 20-30 days for which I thought is a reasonable waiting time. So, went to their showroom and was shocked to hear from another sales person that the waiting period for Dio is also not less than Activa. When I requested to meet the same gentleman(Sales Manager of JSP Honda, Hyderabad) who I spoke to over the phone, I was kept waiting for an hour and the sales manager was not willing to meet me. So, being not a typical Indian customer who takes what is thrown on them, I just walked out of the show room and zoomed out to the Suzuki Showroom which was located just a stone throw away. I heard that their new scoot Access was a good competitor for Activa and just want to test ride it.

Myself, my wife and my kiddo all 3 of us jumped on to the access and it zoomed past with just a slight turn of the accelerator. I was amazed at the way this vehicle picked up.The cost also seems to be same as Activa.Wife was also impressed both my looks and performance.But,we just stopped making the booking and came back to read the reviews.Surprisingly, we did not find any known friends who drive access. Also, the Suzuki's after sales support is a little bit of worrying factor as there are only 3 showrooms in the whole of Hyderabad. I thought for one whole day and finally decided to go ahead and book the vehicle and went ahead with the booking. We were promised delivery within 20-25 days. Now, I am waiting for the delivery.Hope I will be vindicated in my choice of access.
Old 9th November 2009, 13:43   #844
Senior - BHPian

Congrats on Booking the Access

Do keep us posted on the ownership experience as there arent many Access owners here.
Old 10th November 2009, 19:51   #845
BHPian

Dear All, My dealer quoted Some 3000 rupees for the accessories ( seat cover, front guard, read guard and some other misc items). Are we better off buying these from outside?
Old 16th November 2009, 16:12   #846
BHPian

I think, seat cover, mud-flaps, gaurds, side stand, rear view mirrors, good handle grip as necessary accessories.
Old 16th November 2009, 22:14   #847
BHPian

What New Scooter (gearless)?

Hi guys,

Please let me know which gearless scooter is best available in the merket right now.

I can spend till 45k. The requirements are:

-> 2 kms travel every day. Hence FE isnt much of a concern.
-> Driven by a lady. Hence it needs to be light weight
-> Trouble free and good/refined engine
-> Low cost of ownership

I would visit Honda to check out the Aviator and then plan to visit Mahindra to check out the Rodeo & Duro

Guys, I would need your input to decide.

Thanks, Arun
Old 16th November 2009, 22:52   #848
BHPian

Hi Arun, did you check the gearless scooter thread? You would surely find a lot of inputs.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...er-thread.html
Old 16th November 2009, 23:57   #849
Senior - BHPian

Check out Mahindra Scooters - Flyte,Rodeo.They are erstwhile Kinetic scooters.
Also try out BSA electric Scooters.Thye come in 250,400,600,800 Watt capacity.Really noiseless,pollution free vehicles.
Old 17th November 2009, 02:06   #850
BHPian

@ MutantX: Hey there, if its for a lady I would not suggest the Aviator, the new Activa is good. Also if its not something that is really urgent and that which can wait till March then Yamaha is launching an un geared vehicle too.
Old 17th November 2009, 02:52   #851
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
-> Driven by a lady. Hence it needs to be light weight
HH Pleasure. Why should boys have all the fun!

Good for ladies, good engine, low maintainence. Somewhat zippy as well!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
I would visit Honda to check out the Aviator and then plan to visit Mahindra to check out the Rodeo & Duro
Honda factory strike was going on, and they had really big waiting period for most of the vehicles! Dont know if the issue has been resolved. My friend is waiting for his new Activa since last two months!
Old 17th November 2009, 08:54   #852
Senior - BHPian

Why has'nt anyone mentioned the Suzuki Access ?
Old 17th November 2009, 09:12   #853
Senior - BHPian

Hey MutantX,
You could also think of Honda Dio.
It is a honda vehicle, so it is reliable and there are lot of authorized service centers to get it serviced.
Its fibre body makes it light and less expensive to replace in case of scratches.
Cheers,
Deepak
Old 17th November 2009, 09:17   #854
BHPian

@rrahul -> Thanks for the suggestion. I will have a look at this thred.

@hillram -> Yes, I would also have a look at Mahindra. Personally, I wanted to try the electric scooters. But my concern was the durability and service backup of these bikes in long term.

@Addy -> Well, I did drive my friend's Aviator, I totally agree with you that it is not suited for the ladies. As for the waiting period, I would need to ask my wife! since she is the one who has to be ready to wait.

@Crazy_driver -> HH Pleasure. It is a nice bike, since it is more or less like the scooty which we have been using for the past 6-7 years, my wife decided to give it a pass.

@Kannan666 -> Yes, Suzuki access is also on the cards. But The budget seem to be on the high end.
Old 17th November 2009, 09:45   #855
Senior - BHPian

Try mahindra FLYTE. Low mileage (about 30/33kmpl)
but good scooter - good suuspension, good storage, front fueling (no need to open the seat to fill petrol).?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks