Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2007, 16:39   #76
BHPian

DCEite, I never really liked driving 2 wheelers, but happend to own a Vespa as well as a Kinetic Honda.

For me it is a no brainer, you should go for Activa. It is much better engineered and robust than the Kinetic lot. About other newcomers in gearless seg, I have no idea.

For me, a scooter is more a utility vehicle and Activa is the perfect fit.

Horray..My first post in 2-wheeler segment
Old 29th October 2007, 16:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Blaze is by no standara light & easy to Manoeuver.

Krystal, its light but not sure on reliability aspect.

My Vote goes to Honda select from either Activa or Dio. Dio I believe is lighter.

Mileage to expect is around 40 Kpl depending on riding conditions & style.

Price I believe is in the range of 40-45k depending on state.
Old 29th October 2007, 16:55   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
My Vote goes to Honda select from either Activa or Dio. Dio I believe is lighter.

Mileage to expect is around 40 Kpl depending on riding conditions & style.

Dio is really the way to go if you are looking for milage...
plus honda can offer you good ***
Old 29th October 2007, 17:09   #79
Senior - BHPian

My choices is as below (for ungeared scooters):
1) Suzuki Access.
2) Honda Activa.
3) TVS Scooty Pep.
4) Kinetic Blaze.
Old 29th October 2007, 18:40   #80
BANNED

Get the Honda Activa or the HH Passion(advertised for girls, but what the heck), you cant go much wrong with those two.
Old 29th October 2007, 18:50   #81
BHPian

I myself planning to go for an ungeared scooter comming Jan so i went into lot of details and here is my choice

1.Kinetic Flyte (Value for money, currently sold in 65 countries,125cc engine which is peppy than others,lot of usefull items added & latest design)
2.Suzuki Access (old style,costlier,less storage,& less inovative features)
3.Honda Dio (better styled, costlier,been for number of years)
4.Honda Activa (old style, need to be upgraded)
5.Kinetic Blaze (less mileage,needs lot of time and energy to change rear tyre,costly,leave it or take it design)
6.TVS Scooty (been for tooooooo long,better for ladies)
Old 29th October 2007, 19:43   #82
BHPian

I don't know about the new ungeared scooters mentioned, but Activa is a proven vehicle. Plus one additional feature it has is tubeless tires, which I'm not sure if the newer ones provide. If they do, then great.

So the question is whether to go for a proven and hence old vehicle or a newer/modern unproven vehicle....... I would be more partial towards Activa!
Old 30th October 2007, 09:35   #83
BHPian

flyte is the one to get. i m getting one for wifey
Old 30th October 2007, 14:24   #84
Senior - BHPian

In retrospect, doesnt matter. For your uber lil running, most warranty et al issues will not come up.

All fit your points 1-4, with the exception of kinetic/suzuki scoots, you'd better check parts availability and general experience at nearby outlets.
Old 30th October 2007, 14:33   #85
BHPian

I second Technocrat. Blaze's maneuvering in City is painful. The mileage I am getting is only 35 in city.

Never trust kinetic in build quality and reliability. I faced lot of problems with Blaze. After Sales SErvice is pathetic.

Bajaj is not successful in making automatic scooters. Reliability needs to be established for Kristal.

The best bet would be Honda Dio, which is light and gives 45 kmpl. Easy to meneuver, lightweight, good mileage, and honda reliability. Of course, honda activa is the sibling, just style being different.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 30th October 2007 at 14:47.
Old 30th October 2007, 17:36   #86
BHPian

DriverR > No other ungeared scooter other than From Honda stable has an puncture resistant tube ints rear but not tubuless tires as u mentioned, this greatly helps during the puncture as u can drive on with out fearing.

ravi@64bhp > Lot of things has changed with partnership between KYM and Kinetic as KYMs Flyte is curently running in 65 countries and their build is superb u can go through the reviews of Overdrive mag of oct issue or go and see it personally if u have doubt.
Old 30th October 2007, 19:40   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
ravi@64bhp > Lot of things has changed with partnership between KYM and Kinetic as KYMs Flyte is curently running in 65 countries and their build is superb u can go through the reviews of Overdrive mag of oct issue or go and see it personally if u have doubt.
@sathyaprakash : i own a blaze myself.... yes the after service is a problem.. writing to the company doesnt help. I shell 50 rs extra just to make sure the things are done well in my bike to my mech. the engine is buperb but the quality is bad.

other words close your eyes either choose a Dio or an Activa...
Old 31st October 2007, 07:37   #88
BHPian

Quote:
DriverR > ravi@64bhp > Lot of things has changed with partnership between KYM and Kinetic as KYMs Flyte is curently running in 65 countries and their build is superb u can go through the reviews of Overdrive mag of oct issue or go and see it personally if u have doubt.
Hi Satyaprakash,
Blaze too was and italiano scooter and the fit and finish is superb in other countries, not from kinetic. When Blaze was released, the mags wrote it was excellent. If really the Flyte is built by SYM directly, I would believe that the fit and finish is good. The after sales service is very pathetic and I never go for another kinetic. Btw, I never believe Mags.
Old 31st October 2007, 07:37   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
DriverR > No other ungeared scooter other than From Honda stable has an puncture resistant tube ints rear but not tubuless tires as u mentioned, this greatly helps during the puncture as u can drive on with out fearing.
dude the puncture resistant tube does not help unless the nail/thorn the pierces the area where the fliud is present hence not worth the attention! i have had a couple of punctures on my unicorn's stock tyre and it was useless as the nail did not pierce the fluid filled area, also people say, once a considerable amount of fluid is out you end up spending for a new tube so just chill its just a gig from the honda to sell well!, just like the bajaj are adding a few gizmos to sell!
Old 31st October 2007, 10:03   #90
BHPian

I would suggest you to go with 1. Suzuki Access and second preference Hondia Dio. Access has some advantage over Deo, it has 125CC engine, Front telescope shock absorvers and has same weight.
I owned Blaze and kept for 6 months driven 6000KM, keep away from this vehicle.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks