Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2007, 10:59   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
I would suggest you to go with 1. Suzuki Access and second preference Hondia Dio. Access has some advantage over Deo, it has 125CC engine, Front telescope shock absorvers and has same weight.
I owned Blaze and kept for 6 months driven 6000KM, keep away from this vehicle.

yeah the 125cc is the only advantage and the A.S.S is still under construction and so are the spares! well one might regret buying the access if it does not click well, just like blaze is a powerful scooter, but has very poor A.S.S. why even suggest this one! on the other hand honda activa imo should be the first choice(i have explained why activa in my previous posts above), second dio then the others!

Last edited by rider60 : 1st November 2007 at 11:00.
Old 1st November 2007, 12:01   #92
BHPian

I own an Honda Activa, it's a real gem, will just keep going on and on, it's now been 3 yrs of ownership, nobody takes care of her, everyone just keep's driving her all over the place, but the scooter never complains, I don't remember having a punture in the last 3 yrs, for me it's Honda Activa, because I have first hand experience about it's reliabilty.
Old 1st November 2007, 13:08   #93
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by simply_sunny001 View Post
please dont mind to TD the new scooter launched by Suzuki which is called Access 125
Suzuki scooter does seem a better choice, however I havent tried it yet.
Old 1st November 2007, 13:25   #94
Distinguished - BHPian

sorry to go little OT.. which is the best two wheeler (geared or ungeared) under 50K? you see.. i have to buy this for a 'good man' to help him with his work related travel but he is not well off so the ownership costs (apart from purchase) should be really low.

initial cost no barrier (upto 50K)
ownership should be cheap and trouble free in terms of FE, reliability, cheap and available a.s.s (even in small towns)
Old 1st November 2007, 14:03   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
sorry to go little OT.. which is the best two wheeler (geared or ungeared) under 50K? you see.. i have to buy this for a 'good man' to help him with his work related travel but he is not well off so the ownership costs (apart from purchase) should be really low.

ownership should be cheap and trouble free in terms of FE, reliability, cheap and available a.s.s (even in small towns)
Hero Honda CD deluxe or Hero Honda Splendor NXG.
Old 2nd November 2007, 04:09   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post

dude in this aspect i agree with ravi@64bhp man you should definately go for the cd delux from hero honda, its the best bet keeping in mind all the requirements you asked for!
Old 2nd November 2007, 11:18   #97
Distinguished - BHPian

thanks folks.. i think it will be a good one. i hope it still comes with chrome wheel covers. i liked the old CD which had nice chrome wheel covers before everyone started using fiber stuff.
Old 2nd November 2007, 12:32   #98
BHPian

Flyte comes with a 3 year warranty, highest in scooters.
actually around the world, sym scooters come with lifetime warranties on engines, thats how good their engineering and quality is. In India, they arent giving lifetime bec of dusty conditions and suspect fuel quality (read in autocar) but 3 yr is a very long warranty
Old 2nd November 2007, 20:32   #99
BHPian

Does any one of our honourable Bhpians know of any new scooters or any upgrade to the existing activa or dio is in cards, pls run the scoop if any as i read in another forum that there is an upgrade to Honda Dio.
Old 2nd November 2007, 21:15   #100
BHPian

Please don't buy an ungeared scooter is less safer,less economical,slower and expensive than a comparative spec bike.
NOTE:ISSUED IN THE INTERST OF DCEIte BY REVVEDUP.
Still after reading this you if have your mind set for the ungeared scoot my advice would be to wait for scooters from sym and italijet before considering a final purchase.
Old 3rd November 2007, 20:53   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvedup View Post
Please don't buy an ungeared scooter is less safer,less economical,slower and expensive than a comparative spec bike.
NOTE:ISSUED IN THE INTERST OF DCEIte BY REVVEDUP.
Still after reading this you if have your mind set for the ungeared scoot my advice would be to wait for scooters from sym and italijet before considering a final purchase.
point taken,but saves a lot of riding stress off in the bumper to bumper traffic, i still have my left hand aching from day before yesterday's ride( on my unicorn) in the neck to neck traffic (got stuck in it for an hour, due to the rains here in hyderabad).

Last edited by rider60 : 3rd November 2007 at 20:57.
Old 3rd November 2007, 21:05   #102
Senior - BHPian

Thanks guys for your responses.
I have shortlisted Honda Dio and Kinetic Sym Flyte.

Going to check both of them in a few days. By the way, is there a major problem with Kinetic A.S.S. ?

Last edited by DCEite : 3rd November 2007 at 21:42.
Old 3rd November 2007, 22:02   #103
BHPian

I finally could lay hands on Honda Activa today. It is amazing bike and fires very nicely. My sincere advice is to close eyes and buy a Honda, whichever model.

Had really bad experience with Kinetic Y2K
Old 3rd November 2007, 22:16   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Thanks guys for your responses.
I have shortlisted Honda Dio and Kinetic Sym Flyte.

Going to check both of them in a few days. By the way, is there a major problem with Kinetic A.S.S. ?

why do you have a doubt about that? they S&%k at the A.S.S, atleast right now.

checkout with nosfreak he has a blaze and he says he has to wait a week atleast to get any parts!
Old 4th November 2007, 00:46   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by megger View Post
I finally could lay hands on Honda Activa today. It is amazing bike and fires very nicely. My sincere advice is to close eyes and buy a Honda, whichever model.

Had really bad experience with Kinetic Y2K

The Kinetic Y2K is a DUMB bike...I wonder what Kinetic was thinking of when it launched this bike. Anyway I agree with megger....get a Honda....life is much simpler and peaceful...trust me. I still have my 1986 Kinetic Honda and she runs like a dream.....Honda rules!!!!!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks