Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2007, 17:13   #106
Senior - BHPian

Just came back from a brief test drive of Honda Dio and Kinetic Sym Flyte.
I am no expert in two wheelers, but one thing is for sure. The Kinetic Sym Flyte feels and drives light years ahead of the Honda Dio. Boy o boy, what a refined engine. Never experienced that kind of refinement in any other bike or scooter before. In comparison, Dio engine felt a little crude and also a little sluggish. Other factors like more powerful engine (125cc in comparison to 102cc of Dio), front fuelling, longer wheelbase and very good brakes tilted the balance heavily in favour of the Sym Flyte.
Regarding the A.S.S. issues, well my usage is going to be very limited, around 300 kms a month, so i dont think it should be a major cause for concern. Also the fact that Sym has 3 year warranty as against Honda's 2 year.

So Kinetic Sym Flyte it is. Thanks again for all your suggestions.
Old 4th November 2007, 20:34   #107
BHPian

GREAT!!!!!!!! DCEite> do you remember I adviced u to go for SYM after comparing with all others, now i am very much thrilled you are taking the right choice.
Old 4th November 2007, 20:46   #108
BHPian

I'll suggest you to buy activa, tried & tested product.Great VFM!
Honda scooters are real good.
Even the original Kinetic Hondas were v.good
Old 4th November 2007, 23:10   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
point taken,but saves a lot of riding stress off in the bumper to bumper traffic, i still have my left hand aching from day before yesterday's ride( on my unicorn) in the neck to neck traffic (got stuck in it for an hour, due to the rains here in hyderabad).
Agree on that count but I think these scoots are not useful if you drive more than 10 Km one way .What is your exact usage dceite.
Old 4th November 2007, 23:47   #110
BHPian

yup the flyte is the right choice
Old 5th November 2007, 01:08   #111
Senior - BHPian

Now one suggestion - become its evangelist. Spread the word, so it succeeds and spares/service remains available

I've not seen either flyte/access on road or on x/tbhp - so you'll be the first owner - unique privilege on tbhp
Old 5th November 2007, 01:37   #112
Senior - BHPian

dude think again and please consult the nosfreak before you make your kill, as he says he has seen people at the kinetic A.S.S taking away parts of other bikes incase of shortage and fixing them to the others, if this is position of the kinetic guys then man its bad!

also the bike it yet to be tested so the mileage issues my crop up bad as its a ungreared scooter just think again and please confirm with the nosfreak guy here is a link so that you can pm him directly and talk before you make your kill!

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/nosfreak.html
Old 5th November 2007, 09:23   #113
Senior - BHPian

Now you people are scaring me. lol

I think the pros outweigh the cons here. As i said, my running is very less. <15kms per day and <300 kms per month. So thats about <3600kms a year! Now do you think with that kind of running A.S.S. will be a major issue?

Also, the Sym 125 cc engine is not new. Its a tried and tested model sold in many countries abroad (Xpro 125cc scooter). Its mileage and performance is known. Also, the 3 year warranty.

Do i still need to go with the crowd, and get the 'reliable' Honda Dio?
Old 5th November 2007, 11:17   #114
BHPian

DCEite, Please try the Honda Activa, I see that you have tried the Dio not the Activa, to the best of my knowledge the seating position is different, so please try the Activa before you finalise your purchase.
Old 5th November 2007, 11:34   #115
Senior - BHPian

S--T happens all the time. So you can just walk across to the spares deptt of the dealer workshop, take some standard ten items (the kinda list that they have) and see what's the availability.

You're correct in a way. However, do understand well enough that once in a while you may have to run around if some part is unavailable.

Why don't you chat up pawan pullarwar and see how his blaze exp was? or ravi@64bhp? They are the best (and brave) guides! or contact ninad on xbhp - he bought the blaze INSPITE of everyone saying no to kinetic. and he's happy (atleast his posts are :P)
Old 5th November 2007, 12:46   #116
BHPian

hi guys I am new here. looks like i may be the only girl here?
I stumbled on this forum and topic while looking up "flyte" on google and having just done this whole thinking for my own scooter purchase, thought I'd pitch in my two bit.

Basically, I did a lot of researching and thinking while choosing my scooter, took test rides etc and I bought the Flyte because I found it to be the best scooter in India.

DCEite - you are right in saying that the Flyte feels and rides lightyears ahead of the Dio.
Old 5th November 2007, 13:43   #117
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure about the Flyte, as I have not seen it so far. But my wife has a Kinetic Honda. It is a pleasure to ride and its brakes are good. But its ground clearance and mileage is pathetic--scrapes most speed-breakers if there is a pillion rider. I am told all Hondas in India have this problem with GC--even cars, but a cousin of mine, who now owns an Activa says that its GC is better than the Kinetic's, which he'd owned earlier. But he says the brakes were much better in the Kinetic.
So I suggest you take all these factors into consideration.
Old 5th November 2007, 14:25   #118
BHPian

Archie: Give us more feedback on flyte in separate thread.
Old 5th November 2007, 14:59   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
ok will do later when i have some time free
Old 5th November 2007, 15:19   #120
BHPian

take a ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
ok Pawan i ll write more later but really what u have to do is take a ride because thats the only way to appreciate (or not) a scooter
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks