Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2007, 15:23   #1
Team-BHP Support

Auto Expo 2008 - What can we expect from the bike makers?

Auto Expo is around the corner. lets speculate a bit and see what we can expect from our Bike makers. I have a feeling we'll see a few surprises this time around.

Hero Honda
Fuel injected Karizma is what everyone seems to expect. Problem is, HH is severely restricted by their parent Honda, so much so that they need permission to even change stickers! So it all depends on what Honda allow them to do.

What else can we expect from them? A new economiser?

Bajaj
Rumors have been heavy about a 350/400 cc bike from Bajaj. Could this be the time they launch?

Will they have KTM as part of the Bajaj stall or would it be a separate entity?

TVS
I really don't know what to expect from them. Any input?

Yamaha
After their big talk about getting back into performance, I just hope they back it up with the goods. The 250 single should be here, but the final spec, both motor and cycle parts, are left unclear. Lets hope they don't mess up on this one.

The rest? Please add in your inputs guys.
Old 12th November 2007, 16:06   #2
BANNED

Expecting big one from HH as many times heard about some 350CC+ bike from their stable is about to come. Bajaj sure will display their forthcoming model having 250CC+ engine must be twin and the most awaited 250 CC SBK from them which was rumored as developed on ZZR platform.TVS may be in 200-250 CC single cylender league.Yamaha may be they will quit India or will come up with so called 150 CC Gladiator along with 250 CC.
Old 12th November 2007, 16:10   #3
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Yamaha
After their big talk about getting back into performance, I just hope they back it up with the goods. The 250 single should be here, but the final spec, both motor and cycle parts, are left unclear. Lets hope they don't mess up on this one.
R6 and the R1? Impending launch?
Old 12th November 2007, 16:15   #4
Team-BHP Support

The superbike launch is confirmed news. I guess we're all waiting to see what affordable products will be launched in '08.
Old 12th November 2007, 16:31   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

TVS supposedly are developing a newer model based on the RTR 160. A friend has some ex-collegemates working in TVS.

Dont know if this bike will be released at the Auto Expo though.
Old 12th November 2007, 16:32   #6
Senior - BHPian

A friend is a Suzuki dealer in my home town & he was mentioning that they are coming up with a 150cc bike this March or so I think. I would suppose that would be displayed too.
Old 12th November 2007, 16:39   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech View Post
Auto Expo is around the corner. lets speculate a bit and see what we can expect from our Bike makers. I have a feeling we'll see a few surprises this time around.

Hero Honda
Fuel injected Karizma is what everyone seems to expect. Problem is, HH is severely restricted by their parent Honda, so much so that they need permission to even change stickers! So it all depends on what Honda allow them to do.

What else can we expect from them? A new economiser?

Bajaj
Rumors have been heavy about a 350/400 cc bike from Bajaj. Could this be the time they launch?

Will they have KTM as part of the Bajaj stall or would it be a separate entity?

TVS
I really don't know what to expect from them. Any input?

Yamaha

The rest? Please add in your inputs guys.
HOnda doesn't have any fuel injected engine in that category that yi don't think ZMA will be launched in fuel injector form, they launch the glamour Fi just to make it first Fi bike in india. ZMA got the engine from a CRF230 and those offroad bikes still come with carb so ZMA will be tough unless honda specially do it for HH
i have heard some rumours about the full fairing HH but nothing for sure, maybe they will reveal it there

Bajaj is surely gonna display the KTM bikes, as i read on some other foru, they are planning to launch KTM bikes so this will be perfect timings. i don't think there is any 300-400cc bike from bajaj coz if they are going to launch it will take at least 1-2 years. and they are still trying hard to make 220 trouble free.

i guess Apache RTR Fi is going to take the center stage in TVS stall. altho they will showcase some more prototypes which never gets launched. but haven't heard any new model from TVS

about yamaha they are just too hopeless, they sud shut off their operations in india
Old 12th November 2007, 16:57   #8
BHPian

Bajaj : New high capacity bike to be displayed (like they displayed the p220 2 yrs back and is a reality now).

HH : FI karizma : Yes. Its long overdue now.

Honda : Chances of the 250 (cbx twister). chances of a 125cc gearless scoot

Kinetic : SYM range

Royal Enfield : FI bikes, which will first go on sale outside India as usual! Also the twin spark plug bikes

Suzuki : Range of SBKs which they will start selling officially. Also, a 150cc bike for India

TVS : Apache RTR Fi, higher capacity bike for India (250cc+)

Yamaha : R1 , MT-01, plus other high capacity big bikes. Most prolly the YS 250 too.

Also, the usual range of chinese bikes, and the never ending new electric bikes!
Old 12th November 2007, 19:04   #9
BHPian

What's with these un-bikely names like Karizma, Ambition, Pleasure...?

Whatever HH comes up with, I wish they don't name them as Kareena / Agony / Ecstasy / Hope etc.

Isn't there anybody in HH who can coin some good BIKE NAMES?

-- Torqy
Old 12th November 2007, 19:13   #10
Senior - BHPian

Umm, given BAL's track record with p220(18 months from showoff to launch), tvs's lack of success in bringing chicane/taurus to market, HH just sitting on its haunches, I would just not bother.

Koshun is when will the above bikes (in bunny's post) ACTUALLY be launched? i'm sure the expo will be eye candy (machine + natural), but launches - yawwwwnnnn
Old 12th November 2007, 20:32   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
Royal Enfield : FI bikes, which will first go on sale outside India as usual! Also the twin spark plug bikes

Suzuki : Range of SBKs which they will start selling officially. Also, a 150cc bike for India

Yamaha : R1 , MT-01, plus other high capacity big bikes. Most prolly the YS 250 too.

Are all these bikes being displayed this time? And is the RTR E-Fi 250cc+?
Old 12th November 2007, 22:34   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post

HH : FI karizma : Yes. Its long overdue now.

Honda : Chances of the 250 (cbx twister)

Yamaha :Most prolly the YS 250 too.
only 250s is now dream for common Indian biker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Umm, given BAL's track record with p220(18 months from showoff to launch), tvs's lack of success in bringing chicane/taurus to market, HH just sitting on its haunches, I would just not bother.

Koshun is when will the above bikes (in bunny's post) ACTUALLY be launched? i'm sure the expo will be eye candy (machine + natural), but launches - yawwwwnnnn
bajaj . big machine+natural is okey for our paisa wasool.
Old 12th November 2007, 23:10   #13
Senior - BHPian

well i am not sure about other companies but i am waiting quite desperately for launch the 250cc twister from the honda guys. hope this auto show atleast show cases this bike in India this time if not launch soon. i will book one with out a second thought if its launched!
Old 23rd November 2007, 06:18   #14
Senior - BHPian

Does anyone know confirmed dates for the auto expo? I heard it was 22-26 but i guess that was BS.
Old 23rd November 2007, 11:44   #15
BHPian

It's little sad the international giants like Suzuki, Honda (and Yamaha as well) have very mediocre models for Indian market. Zeus & Unicorn look previous generation bikes compared to Indian manufacturers' Apache & pulsar. Why are they so conservative in India? Why can't unicorn proactively put LCD console, better design - they've added ally wheels and trip-meter much after the competition heated up. So while they were upgrading - why not add features to put themselves ahead of competition? Why just follow up - why not lead? Why can't they develop cruiser bikes like Avenger or introduce completely new design to the market?

I still think Unicorn engine is much ahead of Pulsar in terms of quality & refinement -- but looks wise, Unicorn is just too dull.

Zeus doesn't even deserve mention - even most mediocre, economy splendor looks better in comparison. Wish Suzuki & Honda would take Indian market seriously and make better designs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks