Team-BHP - Pulsar 180 - color fading issue
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Pulsar 180 - color fading issue (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/31355-pulsar-180-color-fading-issue.html)

Hi.. I have planned to by Pulsar 180 blue color (since my brother already have 150 balck ). I heard lots negative feedback as well as postive feedback. anyone pls clarify my querys

* Will blue color get fadded soon?
* Gear shifting problem with this bike?
* Avg mileage is 30km??

Please anyone suggest me.......wheather to go with Pulsar 180 or not?

There is no Color fading,not atleast for my red one (3 years old) and a few blue i have seen.The Gearshift is quite good and has been improved in the latest version.The average mileage i get is 42-45 with moderately hard riding,52 is the best i have achived and 39 the worst with very hard riding.

No problem with the color as long as you take care of it by washing and cleaning your bike regularly. Also don't use cheap wax or cleaners.

I've not experienced any color fading in my pulsar (blue in color) used it for more the 4 years.Never waxed it either..Sold my bike last week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asriyazudeen (Post 626710)
Will blue color get fadded soon?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...-recall-4.html
If you see this thread, people who have owned Pulsar and bikes from competition say that paint quality and plastic quality is better on the Pulsar.
Quote:

Gear shifting problem with this bike?

Yes. gearshift is not perfect. But, its not too bad either. I own a P180 DTSi and i never had the problem of false neutrals. However, the gearshift is not perfect. The feel could be better compared with bikes like the Unicorn.
Quote:

Avg mileage is 30km??

:confused:

I get around 40-45kmph during regular city use. Worst ever was 34kmph (with flat out high speed highway runs and two people weighing almost 90 kgs each).
Detailed review till 10k kms is given here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorb...ed-report.html

Thats great... thank you all for your comments.

But what my friends are suggesting is "instead of buying 180, Why can't you go for 200. It almost both are giving same mileage and 200 looks better."

Any suggestions pls......

the color fading issue a rises if not teflon coated or not regularly waxed, i mean the difference is still noticeable, but is very less, cant be made out unless the bike is under the midday sun.

as for the gear shift goes the gear box of pulsar 180 was never upgraded, its the p150's that was upgraded to have a 180's.
the problem with 150's gearbox was the FALSE-NEUTRALS that could prove fatal, directly form fifth to 2nd or 3rd, was the problem, which was replaced with the 180's which suffers stucking problem, which is better than the false neutrals and this cannot be solved!
but it can be made smoother and seen to it, that it happens less often by using a higher grade or completely synthetic oil!

as for the FE goes its 40KMPL in the city with normal riding(mixture of economy mode riding and the spirited boosts!)
it can be increased by regular serviceing i mean oil changed every 2000kms if its normal or 20w50 mineral oil, and tuning every time the FE goes down. and i strongly suggest you to get a better air filter than the stock for a smoother engine and better ride and engine life!

all this is from my own personal experience, for i previously owned a p180 red the black and red combination oct2005 model sold it off as i could no longer the with stand the frequent visits to the garage due to the FE going down and tuning required and the stuck gear box! and other defects in my bike!

I've got a 2002 RED Pulsar 180,

Colour is faded (always outdoors & mostly in sun, so cant complain in my case). No Teflon or Waxing ever...

Gear Shift is an ongoing issue.

Mileage = 43 - 45 kmpl :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60
the color fading issue a rises if not teflon coated or not regularly waxed, i mean the difference is still noticeable, but is very less, cant be made out unless the bike is under the midday sun.

FYI, Teflon doesn't save from colour fading. A lot has been discussed about Teflon at Team-BHP and no-one recommends Teflon here.

Also see : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...esthetics.html

hi,

If your bike is parked in the sun then YES it will get faded.
Solution is to get a cover for it and put it under the seat when riding.

Also a 200 makes no sense if ur going for a 180 and vice versa (am confused at their continuation of the 180) so its upto u, if u like the open chain and the looks(not much different) then go for it. Ride them both before you buy.
thew 180 will have marginally less depreciation if you are concerned about it.

ALso the gear in all Pulsars is a problem(exceptions are there) but not a big one. It also depends on how well you shift within the required rev range.

cheers..

let us know of your final decision and also the experience..

Hi. Yesterday I went for test riding on Pulsar 180... bike is awesome.. it has very good pick up.. black and blue combination..is superb.. i love..it....
But..
Can anyone tell me what the average mileage of pulsar 200 ?. and was eager to go for test riding..

Quote:

Originally Posted by hell_raiser (Post 634268)
hi,

If your bike is parked in the sun then YES it will get faded.
Solution is to get a cover for it and put it under the seat when riding.

Also a 200 makes no sense if ur going for a 180 and vice versa (am confused at their continuation of the 180) so its upto u, if u like the open chain and the looks(not much different) then go for it. Ride them both before you buy.
thew 180 will have marginally less depreciation if you are concerned about it.

ALso the gear in all Pulsars is a problem(exceptions are there) but not a big one. It also depends on how well you shift within the required rev range.

cheers..

let us know of your final decision and also the experience..

dude the gear box design it self is bad or not configured for the engine properly i guess not the rpm at which you shift!

i have a unicorn now i give it hell and shift at 8000 rpm at times and still it rocks!

let me tell you some thing its better to buy pulsar 200 than a 180 for the 200 has a way refined gearbox! and over all quality!

how ever the mileage is around 40 in the city and max of 50 on the highways one of my friends has it!

and if you're considering Pulsar 200, you can buy Avenger instead! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by rider60 (Post 635951)
dude the gear box design it self is bad or not configured for the engine properly i guess not the rpm at which you shift!

i have a unicorn now i give it hell and shift at 8000 rpm at times and still it rocks!

Thats true. The Honda bike is a gem especially when compared to the Bajaj bikes but then again Bajaj gives us the toys Honda should. Also compared to a Honda the Pulsar is much more gorgeous.

Anyways what i meant was that unless you redline everytime you shift, which is highly unlikely, every pulsar has a certain rev range in which it shifts comfortably and without announcing it to the world. Hence it is easy choice if you can overcome the few glitches in an otherwise extraordinary bike. Also highly recommended is a TD of both the bikes before continuing.