Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2007, 07:28   #1
BHPian

Do suggest a bike for me?

Please suggest for my friend who needs a motorcycle around 125CC, solid, with good shocks,daily 70 Kms on pot holed city roads, around Rs 50 K.
Old 22nd November 2007, 16:23   #2
BHPian

Star city seem okay. Suzuki I avoid personally. Shine is okay But i would prefer Discover.
Old 22nd November 2007, 23:54   #3
BHPian

Wait fro TVS flame, should be available shortly!
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Shine, with broader treads maybe. Disco/Glady are all peaky engines. This has refined honda engine, good torque all through, and honda reliability.

Shine does it well. Else baby pulsar (disco 135) gives you similar output as 150 classic in a bike that weighs 20 kg lesser - very very good bike to ride, but maybe not the best in mileage! XCD would do that better.
Old 23rd November 2007, 08:28   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manish7 View Post
Wait fro TVS flame, should be available shortly!
They are using a new valve tech, so one better be careful before buying it and facing issues. Flame is very nice but wait for 6 months after its release.

Shine, the rear tyre is thin, and when it rains (any amt) its scary. Engine is awesome.
Old 23rd November 2007, 15:42   #6
BHPian

Honda shine should be ideal as per the requirements.
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:18   #7
Senior - BHPian

Is Glamour FI costly? ie, 50k up?

I second Shine
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:35   #8
Senior - BHPian

Go for TVS Flame. They're rolling out fantastic bikes these days ie., Apache and Apace RTR, looking at their performance & evaluating their real world user experiences we could expect the Flame to be in the same league.
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:35   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampro View Post
Please suggest for my friend who needs a motorcycle around 125CC, solid, with good shocks,daily 70 Kms on pot holed city roads, around Rs 50 K.
He can go for the suzuki zeus, if he is a solo rider and doesnt rip nor go onto highway riding.

Excepting the above three, suzuki zeus is a plessure to ride. espcially in the city, one need not change the gears so frequently.
also the price is on the lower side, a zeus with a front disk break, mag wheels, electric start and under body air scoop will come for less than 50K. (do mind you that there is a 3.5k discounts going on for it.)

on the other side, here in hyderabad the resale value of the zeus is very low. infact selling it is almost impossible.

You can also look at honda shine, though expensive, it is a good choice. If you dont mind TVS, you can also consider Victor GLX 125. It is very sturdy and looks big too. I think victor is the only 125cc bike which comes with a rectangular box swing arm, for added stability.

raj.

Last edited by kkr2k2 : 23rd November 2007 at 18:36.
Old 23rd November 2007, 18:36   #10
BHPian

have a look at the bajaj xcd 125 dts-si, is a good fit for ur budget.having the bajaj tag, its ideal for city runs, havent read a lot of reviews yet, but i think it should be ok.also i personally think it is one of the most stylish looking motorcycle in its segment.
Old 24th November 2007, 00:13   #11
BHPian

Get a TD of the Glady...

Peaky engine for sure, but has its own ups if you are true blue biker. Has big bike feel and excellent road grip.
Only downside to this bike is soft seats, nothin that your local cushion maker can't sort out!
Old 24th November 2007, 02:45   #12
Senior - BHPian

You missed the angle about Yammie India being on life support, what with Alba, they still haven't Got It - sales I meant! not seen a single alba in delhi or mumbai since its launch

and hey, for someone riding 70km daily, less peaky, more unruffled honda is anyday better - and I'm a pulsarian, fwiw
Old 24th November 2007, 07:40   #13
SuperSyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
not seen a single alba in delhi or mumbai since its launch
Me neither! I think it is very fitting given the name of the bike, next time they will be more careful both with the name and the motorcycle itself.

Old 24th November 2007, 10:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

go in for the honda shine without a second thought, and get a 3.00-18 or 90/90-18 tyre of the zapper-MRF for the rear and the bike should just for its long term reliability, bike feel and all the beating it is capable of!
also a thought can still be put on the hoer honda's glamour pgm-fi, but this bike suffers from the gear shift being notchy, needs a higher grade engine oil like 20w50, with this even this bike should just fine!

i wouldnot any thing from the bajaj or the tvs staple for they are all new technologies and need to be time tested! and definately not for the long term ownership, they cant take the kind of beating the honda engines have proven to endure!

as for the yamaha and suzuki the A.S.S. suffers a lot.

however there is only one bike of the bajaj i would suggest, its discover 125 or 135, they are both rugged and time tested, and return a decent mileage too, go for this brand if long term owner ship is not on the cards!
Old 24th November 2007, 17:44   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
You missed the angle about Yammie India being on life support, what with Alba, they still haven't Got It - sales I meant! not seen a single alba in delhi or mumbai since its launch

and hey, for someone riding 70km daily, less peaky, more unruffled honda is anyday better - and I'm a pulsarian, fwiw

You're probably right!

If you are a 70Km Commuter and would not like to show your bikes speedo the north of 60kmph, Shine is for you.

If you are a 70km Biker RajYam is your bike!
BTW if you are a Biker why 125???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks