Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2007, 12:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
thanks a lot for all your comments. Just one doubt does the hunk have the same CBZ X engine? I've tries the X-treme but was not that impresed. THe Power delivery is at higher rpms and the engine knocks at every gear change unless you keep the rpms higher. I also felt that the engine was not that smooth. I mean you could really feel the metal moving inside the engine (dont know how to explain. Hope you understand). I've heard the RTR gives its power at much lower rpms
Gemi, read turbo_v12's post.

Apache 160 for FE and performance. Only bike with track records.
Old 13th December 2007, 14:15   #17
BHPian

Quote:
1. Comfortable Ride - Honda Unicorn....riding position is very much comfortable and monoshock is also good...no paining back

2. F.E (I need something that gives me something above 55 km/l consistently for atleat 2 yrs)
I doubt you will get said FE in those Bikes and even any other 150 CC bike. Again Unicorn scores high in the department

3. V.F.M - Unicorn score here as well
4. A.S.S - Not a poblem for Unicorn. Only thing is Honda should have more dealers after launching new Unicorn Sport.

All in all, Unicorn matches most of your criteria....But if you want performance oriented bike, go for RTR . Otherwise consider unicorn as well.
See the comments inline.
Old 13th December 2007, 15:37   #18
Team-BHP Support

I have tried my friend's apache. Didn't like it, but for the handling. My friend repents his decision of having gone in for the bike.

Have no experiences with the Hunk, or the RTR. Hope RTR has taken the game forward from where the Apache left off!

Why did you limit to these two bikes? Did you leave out the unicorn on purpose? I think it would make a good choice.
(However, i wouldn't recommend Pulsar in your case. Makes its power higher at higher rpms!)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 13th December 2007 at 15:40.
Old 13th December 2007, 22:23   #19
Senior - BHPian

did not leave out the unicorn by purpose. i've heard come complaining of the very low ground clearance and scraping bumps on the road. i also thought that its neither a good performer nor a good F.E bike. Apart from that i also never liked its looks.

I guess the RTR and the Hunk would come to around 60-61K OTR and the Unicorn would be slightly less. DOes anyone know the actual prices of these 3 bikes.?
Old 13th December 2007, 23:13   #20
BHPian

The unicorn does not have low ground clearance. I own one so know. You don't want to go offroading on a bike.It is a good performer upto 90kmph, takes a little time to get to 100. It regularly give 50-55 km per litre even after hard riding. Basically it is Mr practical. even at 100, the engine is smooth as silk.
Apache is for the sporty rider. Hunk has the same engine of the unicorn tuned for better performance so a little less fuel efficient.
Cheers.
Old 14th December 2007, 00:35   #21
Senior - BHPian

Completly wrong information.

It gives 60-70 mileage with like ~70 kph riding. no issueswith ground clearance whatsoever.

its not a sloucher. Unlike pulsars, who are dormant till 5k almost (think vtec ) - this one's alive at just about 2500 rpm. This engine is a gem in the true sense of the word. And vibes, absent - that is a drawback of RTR.
Old 14th December 2007, 11:59   #22
Senior - BHPian

@ajay: What you have suggested is an out & out peformance bike which will not give the the expected FE & also will be a lot more noisier for a daily ride.
Old 14th December 2007, 13:37   #23
BANNED

Ever tried a stage 1 street ported RXZ with digital ignition?
Its like eating a cake and having in your hands too.I think 40-50 KMPL is very good milage if not ridden hard.
Old 14th December 2007, 14:21   #24
BHPian

There is a recent comparison of RTR and Hunk in this month's Overdrive

Hunk, seem to the same as CBZ Xtreme with added gas shocks and some cosmetic touches

RTR would be better than the Hunk
Old 16th December 2007, 00:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raajks View Post
There is a recent comparison of RTR and Hunk in this month's Overdrive

Hunk, seem to the same as CBZ Xtreme with added gas shocks and some cosmetic touches

RTR would be better than the Hunk

the rtr is miles better than the hunk. the hunk is nothing but the xtreme with a dose of steroids just for the aesthetics. none for the performance though. overdrive says so too. the rtr is much much more than an upgrade of the apache. several engine design changes have been incorporated in the rtr. its handles better, feels better and IS better overall.
Old 16th December 2007, 08:23   #26
Senior - BHPian

But what about the durability factor. Would the TVS hold together for 3-4 yrs. I might be having a wrong perception but never thought TVS made good bikes that stay together for long ad i never thought of TVS bikes till i saw the RTR.
Old 16th December 2007, 10:38   #27
BANNED

TVS do make very good bike nowadays and i'm sure that it will not disappoint you 3 or 4 years down the lane.

RTR is a better & newer product (Hunk engine is old) compared to the Hunk.
Old 16th December 2007, 23:45   #28
Senior - BHPian

Boss,

You must understand something very basic. Japs have perfected their engines over SEVERAL decades. as for TVS, they are catching up pretty fast. The RTR is a smashing bike, however, that being said, I am pretty sure it will never have the same metallurgical properties as the Japs (rest everything else can be copied ).

So while engines will be good et al, they wont be as refined courtesy not having the same metals. maybe to some bit, even the chassis. rest plastic, meters, electricals can be matched by us Indians. Why do you think Hero makes stickers while Honda makes engines? or why Bajaj's p220 is still not *as refined* as zma? or why they're chasing european mfrs?

That being said, the current crop is uber reliable - even xbhp has significantly lesser quality complaints of TVS - so just take it na! hunk is good, but you don't need full-out performance (in which case, buy zma/220!) - the 160 is a good middle of road decision!
Old 17th December 2007, 00:39   #29
Senior - BHPian

Frankly I am posting this without reading a single reply.

The is the choice R.T.R...
Its tried and tested and is a improved bike over the last model.

Hunk is a new model. Hunk part II is yet to come.

now to read some replies
Old 17th December 2007, 06:47   #30
BHPian

Go for the RTR. It is miles ahead than a Hunk in all departments.Do post the picture on buying.

Most Viewed