Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2004, 12:00   #1
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic dealers sure to spoil Hondas name

guys,
this happened to a friend of mine.
he had gone to the Honda Scooters and Motorcycles delaer in Thane to enquire abt the Unicorn and maybe even book it.
adn when he went there ,he was told that as only 35-40 vehicles/month were being alloted to each dealer .the unicorn wud have waiting period of 5-6 months.
when being told that it was about 1-2months at other places ,the sales person said that if an additional 5k is given then maybe ,the vehicle cud be delivered with a week.
how the heck is this possible if there is shortage of vehicles being delivered.
and ,it seesm there were some others ,who had paid the whole amount ab 2-3 months back and are still to get the vehicle,when people who have booked after them are getting it after paying 5k.

and the worst part is that the test ride bikes do not haev their speedo or odo working .which means that these bikes wud then be passed off to an unsuspecting poor buyer.
when asked abt this,it seems the sales person said that Honda has advised them to do so.

it is because of such greedy dealers that simply the name of Honda will get spoilt .is honda going the fiat way. i have also written to honda abt the odo thing ,but am yet to geta reply.
so guys bach ke rahna

Note from the Admin : Try to bypass the abuse filter and you will be banned from this board. Using abusive language - directly or indirectly - is prohibited on Team-BHP.
Old 28th December 2004, 12:34   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
and the worst part is that the test ride bikes do not haev their speedo or odo working .which means that these bikes wud then be passed off to an unsuspecting poor buyer.

That my friend is a regular for test vehicles. When I test drove the Lancer Invex , I questioned the guy about the odo and he was cheeky enough to tell me that they intended to sell the car to a buyer.

Dippy

The same car was ripped by me, Revvmaster and GTO.. wonder who ended up with that car eventually hmmm
Old 28th December 2004, 12:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

so why wud anyone pay 5k extra for an used Unicorn without electric start,alloy wheels and wider tires.
this will simply play into Bajaj's and HH's hands.
and abt the test ride vehicles,HH and maruti do have separate test drive vehicles.even daewoo had ,
Old 28th December 2004, 13:31   #4
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Most of the dealerships do not have a test vehicle. They use one which has been already (or going to be) booked. The speedo/odo is disconnected since they dont want it recorded. No one would buy a bike which has done 100 odd kms by 100 odd people. Its a normal practice. Abt the 5000 bucks for quick delivery, thats nothing. One of my friends booked a Unicorn and was promised delivery in mid-Nov which was postponed to Dec end and then to Jan. They told him if he paid 10k he would get instant delivery. The guy cancelled the booking and got a Karizma instead.

The best thing to do while buying a new bike/car is to take delivery the very day it arrives at the showroom. The salesman might give excuses saying its not registered blah blah...... Say that all that is not his problem. Thats what I did. The day my bike arrived at the showroom, i took it away. The guy said u might be fined if caught w/out regn. I said i'll keep the bike in the building for a week and get it out only after gettin the regn. The thing is if u leave the bike there, its given out to every Tom, Dick and Harry for a test ride.
Old 30th December 2004, 02:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the sales person said that if an additional 5k is given then maybe ,the vehicle cud be delivered with a week.
its called "PREMIUM". and this happens to almost every demanding vehicle in the market just after its launched for a few months.

eg: Fiat palio (in 2002)
Tata Sumo (in 1996)

anything that has a waiting period will have a "premium" which can be paid to give u a better "position in the queue".
Old 12th January 2005, 15:00   #6
BHPian

yeah... the aquilas used to get sold at a premium of 25-50k... after the bookings were closed. dealers are like that only... and the honda dealers are supposed to be the worst of all.. in terms of practices like this and also servicing.. spares and service charges slapped by honda dealers are very high. but people are so crazy about honda, they dont seem to mind all this rubbish!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks