Team-BHP - Pictorial:Bullet from Punjab
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Pictorial:Bullet from Punjab (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/32750-pictorial-bullet-punjab.html)

Hi People i know this kinda late to post about my bike cause the whole thing was done like around 5 or 6 months back... but still i would like to share it will you all.

I did not want to spend a lot cause I wanted to buy some thing and then do it by my self... the pre plans were a café racer... but then how would I do the touring on the cafe racer... hmm.... still thinking about it... but anyway the NEWS was that i bought a RE STANDARD 350 a 1984 model as per the registration and according to the engine number and the chasis number it is a 1977 model there is some thing dodgy about the registration. It was running ok but not good, shagged by the looks I was least bothered about that, the reason was i was going to do the whole thing again...

after buying the bike and leaving it in my home town BATHINDA all day just used to thing what i am going to do with it i mean where should i start off with... initially thought just get it done it like a electra. but then i was hmm electras look **** they are so plain... then was like should i go for a choper... hmm choppers again dont apeal me... classis is what i like... when i was thing what all other bikes that i like which included a honda cb 750, a yamaha rd 350, and all these i was like hmm keep it a standard but just a litle different one...
one day when i was sitting in my office doing nothing... just was wondering that the weekend was around and what do i need to do this week end thought might aswell start to look for the parts for my bullet... engine is not some thing i was worried about because it is in the safe hands... but now i wanted to see what would i like to take it as visually...
a normal standard... hmmm... naaaaaaa...
thats not some thing i want like every one has a pulsar similarly every one has a bullet 350 standard.... some thing different..
so me and Navdeep set out to the KAROL BAGH market (famous for jugads) so that we can find the unusuall stuff... and then i thought might go for the looks from 1960's we started looking for the stuff regarding the same we went to out good old mechanic for help... he himself has a 1962 model bullet he guided us with the same... so now we were looking for 1960's bullet mudguards ,a smiths speedo meter... i know its was hard to find a genuine one but any thing that looks like one will do me... i had a option to get it in the MPH or KMPH.. i went for the KMPH i am not a guy with good grey matter so toomany MPH to KMPH calculation would make me go mad... so after some more looking around we also found a guy who hand made the 1960's styled mudguards...

Then I noticed one day that the older bullets had the tool boxes those were simillar to the ones on machismo but the only difference was that they were not as deep as the ones on machismo so what i was not bothered to go for a hand made ones as the difference was just 7 or 8 mm so I went for machismo tool boxes

my bullet had the old style of locks where you had to use a PAD lock for locking the handel... got that converted... and I did not not got for the old style controls because I wanted some thing practical but with the older looks. I had the engine buffed and polished and this was the kind of work that was done on that

As I was not at my home town when the whole thing was being taken care of I wasn’t able to get the details regarding the whole thing

So this is the final product that I got…

@mods: sir i am a member at xbhp.com thats why you may find the name on two of the photos, and my lid so please do accordingly. thanks a lot

Great bike you got there dude. Well i love the bullet but the only thing which is keeping me away from it is that i dont have too much patience. Well some day i will get one chromed one. Love the tank with the chrome finish

Quote:

Originally Posted by desideep (Post 660878)
So this is the final product that I got…

@mods:

i love the rear fender.

Quote:

Originally Posted by maddy42 (Post 661144)
Great bike you got there dude. Well i love the bullet but the only thing which is keeping me away from it is that i dont have too much patience. Well some day i will get one chromed one. Love the tank with the chrome finish

Thanks a lot bro... yea i do agree with you one has to be very very patient...actually initial plans included to get it all cromed but then realised that cromed surfaces need more polishing and it might get iritating to ride in the sun so i let it pass

Nice bike deep. You could've gone for the older type rear tail lamp to go welll with those mudguards. And installing an older type crash guard would gel well with the bike rather than the TB style guard you have now.

Sory sankar i just got back to the thread you are rite installing the old kinda crash guard would help but thebike does not look retro or a vintage so may be will stick to this. i did buy a BSA kinda light but they are not of good quality so took it off and went for a Normal Standard Squareish Rear tail lamp. i will be posting up some more details soon on my bullet which should have made sure for me to throw it off a cliff.

but i just can get enough out of the blackiee (or Jeeta ) thats the two names of my Bullet. It recently had a Piston ceasure, Broken Engine crank case, Valve faliure and other stuff of similar kind.

Any way will post all that up and still need to write a log for my Leh trip