Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2008, 13:50   #16
BHPian

The bike looks promising to say the least.
man 10.5 bhp for a 125 cc bike.
and can anyone put light on why SC has restricted TVS from taking new bookings for the Flame???
Is it the same technology on which Bajaj and Tvs have locked horns???
Old 26th January 2008, 18:24   #17
BANNED

Buy gladiator -or suzuki heat ,zeus
Old 29th January 2008, 12:04   #18
BHPian

bike looks promising on paper and looks but need to see how it performs on road. this is a huge gamble for tvs. if the flame gets off to a good start then they are saved else they are going to have a very very tough road ahead. they are betting heavily on the flame to succeed.

the samurai boosted tvs from early to late 90s and the victor did the repeat from late 90s to early 2000s and now the flame has to do it. or so tvs would be desperately praying.

their in house r&d is very good but competing against the might of the japs and bajaj who have technical support (indirect and non-publicised) from kawazaki and now ktm, is a hard task for tvs. good luck to them.
Old 29th January 2008, 12:45   #19
BHPian

Flame is off to a very jinxed start in the market.. reviews of flame are mixed. the styling & features are good no doubt but autocar ( i think) has said it has basic flaws like a rough engine, poor riding position, inadequate mileage and will find it difficult to hold its own against XCD, shine & gladiator... a lot will depend on the pricing i think.
Old 10th March 2008, 17:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Looks like TVS launched a single-spark-plug version of the Flame. Saw in CNBC-TV-18 Just now.
Old 10th March 2008, 18:02   #21
BHPian

I hope the the single ignition flame will be in stands by next month.
Old 11th March 2008, 00:33   #22
BHPian

Flame will be launched on 19th March
Old 14th March 2008, 09:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Wait...!!!

Flame (Or any TVS) Lovers wait... I live few kms from the TVS factory in hosur...have the previlage of seeing many test rides and new 2wheelers months before they hit the media... General rule of the thumb... never be the guinea pig for TVS... the TVS Rambo (yes... renamed as Victor during launch) had so many crank shaft problems... it took months for TVS to sort it out... since i have many buddy;s dad;s in TVS in high positions..i get many insider news... wait for a few months ... another 1 plug bike is just going to be like victor i guess... so opt for the discover (bajaj) if u need 1 in a hurry...
Old 14th March 2008, 11:24   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Flame (Or any TVS) Lovers wait... I live few kms from the TVS factory in hosur...have the previlage of seeing many test rides and new 2wheelers months before they hit the media... General rule of the thumb... never be the guinea pig for TVS... the TVS Rambo (yes... renamed as Victor during launch) had so many crank shaft problems... it took months for TVS to sort it out... since i have many buddy;s dad;s in TVS in high positions..i get many insider news... wait for a few months ... another 1 plug bike is just going to be like victor i guess... so opt for the discover (bajaj) if u need 1 in a hurry...
any idea when the RTR eFI will launch?
Old 14th March 2008, 12:30   #25
BHPian

i was thinkin of the flame.. but reviews are not so good,, and am worried about tvs quality control, have heard their quality can be quite bad.. if you are lucky then you will get a no-problem bike otherwise its a terrible experience..

have heard same story with bajaj also?

thinking @ the gladiator now.. any advice on that?
Old 14th March 2008, 13:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianbandra View Post
i was thinkin of the flame.. but reviews are not so good,, and am worried about tvs quality control, have heard their quality can be quite bad.. if you are lucky then you will get a no-problem bike otherwise its a terrible experience..

have heard same story with bajaj also?

thinking @ the gladiator now.. any advice on that?
go for either the gladiator or the honda shine they are good bikes, like i said before here new bikes need to prove themselves first so the choices are either to hold the horses or buy one of the above mentioned ones from the same category.
Old 15th March 2008, 21:13   #27
Senior - BHPian

is it already released?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
any idea when the RTR eFI will launch?
cali,

is it already launched? I read a test drive with some pricing in the Feb issue of Auto Car or some magazine like that, cant recollect. Are u in bangalore? Even if its released, it may be in a staged manner like the 220Pulsar.

I will check with the Main TVS showroom (distrib for KA) near trinity circle, (forgot the name)
Old 15th March 2008, 23:14   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
cali,

is it already launched? I read a test drive with some pricing in the Feb issue of Auto Car or some magazine like that, cant recollect. Are u in bangalore? Even if its released, it may be in a staged manner like the 220Pulsar.

I will check with the Main TVS showroom (distrib for KA) near trinity circle, (forgot the name)
yep im in bangy..im on vacation in the states right now but i'll be back next week. I had heard somewhere on XBHP that it was launched quietly, but i dunno..i also heard march 25th as the launch date.
Old 17th March 2008, 16:24   #29
BHPian

RTR Fi is not yet launched.

And there is absolutely no problems with TVS quality, it is best among Indian manufacturers.
Old 17th March 2008, 18:07   #30
BHPian

hmmm..

hmmm am leaning towards the yamaha gladiator..
but cant seem to find a good yamaha dealership in mumbai..

very strange!

Most Viewed