Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2007, 10:13   #1

New Electricals in Karizma

Hi guys,

I am planning to revamp the entire electricals of my Karizma.I am planning to change and replace with new ones.

What will be the approximate cost for this job.Has any ZMA owner done this earlier.thanks
Old 19th December 2007, 11:53   #2
BHPian

Can i know why are you intending to replace the whole electrical system. is the stock electrical work gone for a toss ....
Old 19th December 2007, 16:08   #3

yes dude, my stock electricals have gone for a toss.Planning to revamp it to new.
Old 20th December 2007, 00:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

dude they will cost a bomb if you want to purchase it from the A.S.S., also they may not be avaliable as a whole set!
just try and get the main components fron the A.S.S., and the minor ones outside, also try and find out if unicorn's or cbz-xtreme's few components match with your bike.

well when you say the whole eletrical set up, do you mean the coil, alternator, start-upmotor, the regulators, relays, the speedo setup the bulbs and wires or just a few? (please include if i have missed any!)

or is it just a few please give complete details so that we can help you better, like what went wrong and what are the things that went in for a toss?
Old 20th December 2007, 00:30   #5
Senior - BHPian

the start up motor for a 150cc bike like uni or cbz-xtreme is like 5k bucks
the digital speedo setup is like 4500-5k bucks
the bulbs alone will cost you like 500
the wiring should cost you any where between 1500-2000 depending on the brand and the pins and other consumables included!
the relays should be 500-1000bucks
the coil and alternator i have no idea!
and the labour!
Old 20th December 2007, 10:18   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
dude they will cost a bomb if you want to purchase it from the A.S.S., also they may not be avaliable as a whole set!
just try and get the main components fron the A.S.S., and the minor ones outside, also try and find out if unicorn's or cbz-xtreme's few components match with your bike.

well when you say the whole eletrical set up, do you mean the coil, alternator, start-upmotor, the regulators, relays, the speedo setup the bulbs and wires or just a few? (please include if i have missed any!)

or is it just a few please give complete details so that we can help you better, like what went wrong and what are the things that went in for a toss?
Thanks Rider
i am just planning to revamp the wiring (coil, alternator)and not the Speedos.as per your reply, then will it cost 2K?
Old 20th December 2007, 12:50   #7
BHPian

Any specific purpose?
The ZMA has the best electricals in Indian bikes. I guess you are planning for something else. Let us know.
Old 20th December 2007, 13:21   #8
Senior - BHPian

^^
I agree with Scary here.. Do you plan to do any mods(HIDs etc)?? else change only those cables which are having problems
Old 20th December 2007, 16:16   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarySkulls View Post
Any specific purpose?
The ZMA has the best electricals in Indian bikes. I guess you are planning for something else. Let us know.
no scary, just planning to revamp the cables.
Old 20th December 2007, 16:18   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
^^
I agree with Scary here.. Do you plan to do any mods(HIDs etc)?? else change only those cables which are having problems
Hi Technocrat,
I am not going for any mods, just the bike should look neat and last long. so planning to upgrade the cables
Old 20th December 2007, 18:13   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godma View Post
Hi Technocrat,
I am not going for any mods, just the bike should look neat and last long. so planning to upgrade the cables
Then change the wiring harness and the switches if necessary. And unless your wiring harness has lots cut n tape jobs and loose/cut n taped connections you needn't change the harness.

Why do you want to touch the coils? If at all you want to do something to the coil youcan get it rewound as per stock or for more power. You dont have to change the coils.
Old 21st December 2007, 10:00   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Then change the wiring harness and the switches if necessary. And unless your wiring harness has lots cut n tape jobs and loose/cut n taped connections you needn't change the harness.

Why do you want to touch the coils? If at all you want to do something to the coil youcan get it rewound as per stock or for more power. You dont have to change the coils.
Thanks Sankar for your inputs
Old 21st December 2007, 12:27   #13
BHPian

As far as I know, the ctock electrical are very fine for the job. So Unless you want to do something wild, the stock electricals are the best one on any Indian vehicle.
E.g Try comparing the power put out by the OE ZMA magneto with any other bike.
Old 25th December 2007, 23:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

well yes changing the cable and just the harnesser of a good brand should not cost you like more than 3000 including the labor charges, well if you are going for the A.S.S. spare wiring kit then i dont know the cost could be more or could be less by like 1000 bucks!

Most Viewed