Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2007, 15:44   #1
BHPian

Shopping in Delhi to improve the Zma. Advice Needed, please...

Hi Fellows,

Merry Christmas in advance.
I needed Ur advice and suggestions on a couple of things.

Am at Delhi for a few days and wanted to get a few upgrades for my 2 month old Zma. I’d appreciate it if U guys could advise me and help me source them.

TYRES- Bike’s running on stock 100 section rear. I’m keen on installing a 120 section. Will they foul with the chain cover or hamper acceleration too much? Should I go for 110 section? If 120, then what profile should I go for 120/80-18 or 120/90-18.

Which brand should I go in for and what model? Want Wet weather grip and improved handling- esp on rough roads. Importance is on handling and grip in the wet. I’m thinking softer compounds. Pirelli? Dunlop?

What should I do about the front tyres. Keep it stock or go in for 90/90? Anything bigger to fit in the stock front mudguard? Again which brand?

Where in Delhi can I find the tyres? How much approx?

HEADLIGHTS - As U all know, the Zma, for all it’s strengths has a lousy Headlight beam and a pathetic single horn. I read in this forum somewhere that an OSRAM SILVER STAR is a direct replacement on the stock headlight bulb holder. ( Don’t want to modify anything here) Should I go in for 55/60W or 90/100W for best results on stock setup. Any other options I can go in for?

HORN- A friend of mine was suggesting on a ROOTS HORN with a cutout. Will they be fine or will the battery get drained? Should I just stick with the PULSAR 180 horns that I bought some time back? Can I fit them without a cutout? Options?

Where in Delhi can I locate the above. (Something tells me Karol Bagh) But where exactly? Approximate costs, please?

E.T.C.- What about Free Flow Filters (K&N/ HP), Irridium Spark plugs etc. etc. Can I make some upgrades which won't dent the walet too much and will have a significance performance advantage?

CAR TYRES- Also wanted to buy fresh tyres for my 2 year old Baleno. I’d upgraded the tyres to 190/60R 14 Good Year Ducaro GA when buying the car new. Now, 2 and half years and 30,000 kms later, they have gone bald. But I’m pretty satisfied with their performance.
Now am interested in GoodYear Eagle F1s in the same size. Anything good that Bridgestone offers?

Again, High Speed Handling and Wet weather grip are the priorities. What are the best deals I can get? Where in Delhi? How much?

Really appreciate it if U all could help me here.

Thank U,
-Puffy.
Old 22nd December 2007, 17:12   #2
Team-BHP Support

For the baleno Bridgestone GIII s are nice tyres for wet conditons, only drawback is that they are slightly noisy. Try a 185 section instead of the 195 you have. Shouls cost you 3,500 a piece i think.
You know you should pm iraghava for tyre shops around delhi, veyron1 for what tyres for the karizma and lookup xBhp.com : The Great Australian Roadtrip for the horns, seriously.

manson.

Last edited by manson : 22nd December 2007 at 17:13.
Old 23rd December 2007, 03:58   #3
Senior - BHPian

stick to roots brand for the horns, not the pulsar's minda make ones they drink your battery like water! also try and get a good relay not the metal finish cheap a*! cutout! they are avaliable with roots make!

stick to 110 size tyre, go in for the pirelli or the michelin's 4.00*18 tyre at the rear well i am not sure of the pattern choose your self both are great for the wet conditions handling!

get a R-1100 conical filter from the K&N and also the cleaning kit from the K&N they are the best so far so good for ZMA! they are just the size and just right for the zma! others i have no idea, i feel this is better because, it can be reused till 5 lac kms and is tried and tested for the zma!

try and get a hid kit for the zma they are suppose to be cheaper in delhi right? just checkout you may get a good deal!
Old 23rd December 2007, 06:03   #4

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

a member on this forum "noidaboy" has a zma.he has a 120 section ire,hid,a k&n filter.the hid is too good,lights up the entire road.here is the link to his gallery:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-890.html

Last edited by hellspawn : 23rd December 2007 at 06:05.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks