Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd January 2008, 13:04   #16
Senior - BHPian

Dont go by the magazines reviews at all...its just the media hype...they will always choose the winner who pays them the best...

i have tried all the bikes...even raced them against each other...and all aggreed that RTR beats the guts out of them.....

even in city RTR goes zip-zap due to perfect CG. and the chassis handling braking power are all from the TVS racing stable which is best in the country...i mean for indian terrain...

please check for urself and then believe....
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:16   #17
BHPian

I would say, wait for the Expo. A certain company has something up its sleeve that will blow the weeds out of every bike manufactured in India. Period. 9 days to go!!
Old 2nd January 2008, 16:23   #18
BHPian

A certain Jap company? With promises of a mindblowing Sub 200cc bike? Cool.
Old 2nd January 2008, 19:34   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BunnyPunia View Post
I would say, wait for the Expo. A certain company has something up its sleeve that will blow the weeds out of every bike manufactured in India. Period. 9 days to go!!
Come on! You could let us know in advance!
Old 3rd January 2008, 00:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Thanks!

Thanks guys for your valuable replies and suggestions.

@BunnyPunia: Dude, I cannot contain my excitement. Please tell something
Old 3rd January 2008, 23:04   #21

hi..

i ride a unicorn V2. frm chennai. i did around 12 to 15 rides 200km up n 200km down. a couple of times, alone. i did these trips wit jus 1 or 2 pitstops. the suspension and ride quality are too good. the best part is both of us didnt feel the strain. seatinf comfort is teh best u get.

second in city, i do around 50 km a day. n i get a decent 50 kmpl wid all the traffic.

Had used a V2 pulser for abt an year before unicorn.I would say at any point Unicorn is better than Pulsar.

Had an opp to ride Hunk & RTR recently in Bangalore, to Nandi Hills.

Hunk has good suspension. Ride quality is good, but i must say, not as good as Unicorn( mine is V2, the new one is even better, i believe).and yes the look is overdone. if u r tall ur thighs hit the bulge of the tank. i was not very comfortable. The shifting of gears is not as smooth as the RTR or the Unicorn.nt sure abt the mileage.

RTR is a cool looking bike. Smooth ride. Very goos for city traffic. u can take it into the smallest of spaces btw vehicles, nt possible wid HUnk or the Unicorn. Seating comfort for the ride is good, nt for the pillion. The seating position is nt ideal for long drives. end up wid back pain, after long drives. Mileage is nt good enough. u would get arnd 40 kmpl.

again, wait for the expo. i believe there are gonna be some good launches.

but by my exp i would say the Unicorn is a good bet. u would love it day after day. The only minus is that it doesnt have that head turning looks n u get only the basic, no digital tacho etc.. I saw many heads turning to me when i was riding the HUnk(cos its a new bike) n the RTR.
Old 4th January 2008, 16:21   #22
BHPian

suzuki coming out with a 150cc zeus?
Old 7th January 2008, 11:00   #23
Senior - BHPian

A certain company with the tuning forks symbol is coming with something big in the 150cc segment, so hold any purchases till the bike is released in the Auto Expo (3days to go)

RTR: Good for the city. Not good for highway rides that are long coz of the seating posture.
Hunk: A CBZ Extreme with new body panels & name, with the same Unicorn engine but a diff (sprocket system, CDI, Cam, & carb) which makes the diff.
Unicorn: A good for city and highway but underpowered. Very highly detuned engine. No digi console or led tail lamps.
Pulsar: Got a lot of goodies for the money charged. Main draw back, all tom, dick & harry has this bike, infact i feel Bajaj might have had some exchange scheme coz we hardly see the old 150 pulsars now, its all the new ones
Old 7th January 2008, 21:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomaverick View Post
A certain company with the tuning forks symbol is coming with something big in the 150cc segment, so hold any purchases till the bike is released in the Auto Expo (3days to go)
Yeah! sounds very exciting! Am eagerly waiting .
Old 16th January 2008, 20:28   #25
BHPian

Go for unicorn if u need a real value for money in terms of engine,riding comfort,and mileage !! If u want more stylish looks and a racing spirit-go for pulsar !! dont ever go for HUNK,i own a unicorn and my friend owns a HUNK- the rear looks are rather poor for hunk !! and HERO HONDA,may stop the model at any time dude...they have done enough experiments in 150 field like xtreme,achiever etc !! So go for stable models like HONDA, BAJAJ! Personally i feel you must go for UNICORN or PULSAR (not for RTR too please )

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks