Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2007, 14:37   #1
BHPian

two wheeler awards from business standard motoring announced

Hi guys its award time again. Business Standard Motoring has announced its winners. Here are the two wheelers that have won this year:

Bajaj XCD 125, the Business Standard Motoring Bike Of The Year 2008 - Its biggest achievement is that it brings a significant change in a segment which we’ve always criticised as sluggish and status-quo oriented in product evolution terms. It takes on the mighty Indian 100cc commuter, with a frugal, larger displacement engine and a superb price tag. It also looks modern and fresh, rather than template styling that most of the segment’s motorcycles tend to resort to, while enjoyable dynamics and good ride quality only make the package that much more compelling

Business Standard Motoring Scooter Of The Year 2008 – Kinetic-Sym Flyte

Even closer than the motorcycle battle, this year, was the scooter battle. The two leading contenders for the award were the Suzuki Access and the Kinetic-Sym Flyte. Both all-new, both 125cc and both impressive and closely matched. In the evaluations, our impression was confirmed. The Access inched ahead with a minor performance advantage, only to have the Flyte catch up in the subjective evaluation, scoring better in areas like styling, handling, braking, and crucially, fun-to-ride. The duo are evenly matched on features and economy, and the points difference became significant only when the price entered the equation. Here, the Flyte put the Access firmly on the defensive with a significant Rs 5,000-odd cheaper price tag. Suzuki put up a incredibly hard fight for the crown, but ultimately, the just over 1 per cent difference in price points decided the Business Standard Motoring Scooter Of The Year 2008, the Kinetic-Sym Flyte.

TVS Apache RTR 160 wins the debut Business Standard Motoring Performance Bike Of The Year 2008. The aggressive new TVS impressed with its engine performance as well as dynamic character. It did well in the performance department and stayed close to the 220 in the subjective evaluation as well, only to lose out on the features front. However, its massive price advantage took the Apache RTR well ahead.
Old 29th December 2007, 19:17   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

BS Motoring thread is here --- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ar-2008-a.html
Old 29th December 2007, 19:22   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
Scooter Of The Year 2008, the Kinetic-Sym Flyte.
Brings a big smile to my face.
Old 31st December 2007, 11:45   #4
BHPian

mine too

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Brings a big smile to my face.
ya mine too, its good to know i made right choice in scooter. i like to be a wise spender
Old 31st December 2007, 18:01   #5
BHPian

i am sure that it gives the current owners of the flyte confidence that the product is genuinely good.

however, its got a lot of hardwork to do to undo the unpleasant memories of its style, pride, nova115, challenger, boss, gf and to some extent the blaze too. but the flyte seems to have all the markings of getting the kinetic brand out of the dumps.

good luck to it.
Old 2nd January 2008, 23:27   #6
BHPian

now if only they improved the Blaze's suspension, it would have been an AWSOME package on Indian roads.

Most Viewed