| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|31st December 2007, 15:27||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thanked: 30 Times
Revamping my fatfati!
My Bullet Lightning 500 (popularly referred to as 'Citibike') is going through a much needed revamp.
Things that are going to be added/changed:
1. A disc-brake kit, pretty essential on a Bull when riding high speeds and a doggy/rogue driver tries to play foul
2. Replacing the stock 4-plate clutch assembly with an Endurance 5-plate clutch assembly (Royal Enfield has been using Endurance clutch assemblies for almost three years now)
3. Changing the old rubber for new one.
4. Replacing the mag-wheels with good old spoked rims (The mag-wheels do not hold good at high speeds, the ride is pretty jumpy and treacherous)
5. The wide handle-bar gets replaced by a RD 350 handle-bar
6. Re-tuning the bike for better performance
Can't wait to get my hands on the revamped 'Bull'. Yeah, the riding bug has bitten me once again
|11th February 2008, 16:11||#2|
Join Date: Jun 2007
Thanked: 11 Times
How's the renovation going? Did you find a good mechanic? You had promised to post some pics in another thread... I hope we'll get to see them soon!
|12th February 2008, 16:47||#5|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Melbourne, Hyd
Thanked: 27 Times
|12th February 2008, 17:33||#6|
Join Date: Jul 2006
Thanked: 5 Times
Correct. It went out of production long back.
The links by gendarmee are the Machismo series, completely different from the Lightning 535.
EDIT: I owned a Machismo 350 (the one showcased on the second linky) till 2 days back.
Last edited by Proxima : 12th February 2008 at 17:34.
|27th February 2008, 06:05||#8|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bhagyanagaram. (A.K.A. Hyderabad)
Thanked: 49 Times
one thing here, at least when choosing rubber why not go for radials this time around, at least i am done watching the bias ply on these bullets, its about time they are switched to radials, what are your opinions on this guys?
and more over get gas filled shocks for the rear they give you comfort!
|27th February 2008, 17:46||#10|
Distinguished - BHPian
Join Date: Feb 2004
Thanked: 2,657 Times
@Wanderlust: A drum brake with dual calipers is as good as disk brake in braking power have witnessed a test on this myself. Yes spoke wheel are better suited on the Enfield. rest all looks fine, what performance tuning are you planning?
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Volvo Trucks - Revamping the Entire Range||Manzone799||Commercial Vehicles||8||10th June 2016 10:07|
|Revamping / Repairing my 2006 Honda City||nutcracker||Modifications & Accessories||30||6th June 2016 11:31|
|Revamping the OHC. Need suggestions...||nitroxx||Modifications & Accessories||40||12th June 2008 23:04|