Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2008, 11:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

get_hiyyer_714 and five46, the feature is simply amazing . But these barrels would simply cost couple of lakhs. I never thought Diesel Motorbikes has reached this milestone. For me it was just taurus and sooraj!!!
Old 18th June 2008, 15:59   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacs View Post
svsantosh bhai, please share more info on your Taurus.
Taurus lacks after sales support
Old 19th June 2008, 22:46   #33
BHPian

It stopped selling because it could not clear pollution norms is what I heard. But otherwise I still see a few running on the road here n there. And as far as i know, it was first called the Enfield diesel, n then later on launched as the Enfield Taurus with a slightly different/weird looking crashgaurd, the whole bike in yellow. I person I met once told me he gets 80 and otherwise i have never heard anything less than 65-70 from it.

Last edited by Sparkie : 19th June 2008 at 22:48. Reason: To add some details
Sparkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2008, 22:51   #34
BHPian

I just remembered, there was also a diesel bike made I think on a Kwacker dirt bike chassis. The engine was made from a petrol enfield engine. The Head was replaced with a 4 valve head and it was done I think for the uniformity of fuel on field in the army or something. Read this many years ago on the net, probably on the diesel bike website put up here.
Old 25th July 2008, 22:06   #35
Senior - BHPian

oh my God - i unsubcribed to this thread because i thought no one would ever bother to ask me or about my bike - guys if you ever get to read this thread and want to check out my bike - please PM me... (i will PM all you guys who wanted to contact me, sorry for the miss).

Spares - what are you talking about - there are 3-4 HARDCORE diesel engine mechanics and 1 SUPER STORE in JC Market AREA which can give you ANY spare PART in this GREAVES engine. I have a FAMILY bullet mechanic who is certified in Diesel and petrol bikes.

Not sure who said who was talking geometry about hitting 90Kmph in a 90' slope with back/front wind - if you read this, I mean no offence to you - but you probably have never such a machine in flesh - if you do have - you would not have ridden it for 2-3 years restoring it back to running condition. I am more than glad to share a ride at 100+ on that machine - please get your facts right. PM me for me more info...

----------------------EDIT----------------------

If anyone wants to know how crazy I got about diesel powered bikes please view

Picasa Web Albums - santosh - diesels

Also can try...

Picasa Web Albums - santosh - W 5-Speed

this is done by a person who is Head of IT - HSBC UK, whose passion is similar to me, diesel bikes - any one who wants to contact him please PM me...

Also...
Picasa Web Albums - santosh - ,Bullet's
Picasa Web Albums - santosh - Bullet Petrol...

for some petrol heads...

---As you can see, I was and am and will be a true bullet fan..

Last edited by svsantosh : 25th July 2008 at 22:17.
Old 25th July 2008, 22:24   #36
Senior - BHPian

My Taurus - Work In Progress

Well - I have been doing some cosmetic changes to my bike - since few showed interest by asking me questions, or even criticizing the bike, I would like to share my work with you. I am trying to make it a ThunderBird look over. Am falling short of funds to buy all the parts - so its half done, Needs a Major paint and Chrome Job...

Please NOTE - I dont have ANY electricals in the bike what-so-ever other than HeadLights. No Indicators, brake lights, HORN, etc etc. Thats why no battery... PS - This is the one of the FEW bikes to have had 55/60Watt HeadLights as OE Fitting.
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Taurus diesel-front.jpg  

Royal Enfield Taurus diesel-left.jpg  

Royal Enfield Taurus diesel-right.jpg  

Old 26th July 2008, 00:09   #37

Hi Santosh,

Finally, i am glad to know that there is someone who is a true fan of Royal Enfield in bangalore.

Could you tell me whether you could get me a Thunderbird modified like the green one or the black one ( i am speaking about the one in petrol mod and the last pic of a black one with wider tyres) ?

I really liked the green enfield.

If possible do let me know coz i love the Thunderbird, except for its looks.
Old 26th July 2008, 00:30   #38
Senior - BHPian

I'm getting a 5 speed gearbox for my Bullet and my friend got an AVL350 engine thanks to a fellow who converted his Thunderbird to a Thunderbird Diesel.

Pics 28, 29 & 30 in your collection Picasa Web Albums - santosh - Bullet Petrol... is redifre's Bullet 500
Old 26th July 2008, 00:40   #39
BHPian

I have only seen this bike twice in the flesh. I had read reports about it developing 9BHP and was to know that. However my memory might be vague as many members are saying it had only 6.5-7BHP.

It used to make one hell of a racket. A cop would ride this daily in front my school and I was just amazed that it ran on diesel.
Old 26th July 2008, 08:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution 1 View Post
Hi Santosh,

Finally, i am glad to know that there is someone who is a true fan of Royal Enfield in bangalore.

Could you tell me whether you could get me a Thunderbird modified like the green one or the black one ( i am speaking about the one in petrol mod and the last pic of a black one with wider tyres) ?

I really liked the green enfield.

If possible do let me know coz i love the Thunderbird, except for its looks.
so many pics - can you give the pic# like sankar below. There are 1000's of bullet fans - you can find them on royalenfield.com. Mods are no probs, there are 3-4 Good - BEST mod guys around bangalore; and one chopper maker in Delhi - he is the most expensive I think, prices start from 50-60K till nearly 2.5Lacs. Get back to me...I will try to guide you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
I'm getting a 5 speed gearbox for my Bullet and my friend got an AVL350 engine thanks to a fellow who converted his Thunderbird to a Thunderbird Diesel.

Pics 28, 29 & 30 in your collection Picasa Web Albums - santosh - Bullet Petrol... is redifre's Bullet 500
yes - most of the petrol collections are from 100's of websites around the world incl RE.com, Diesels are mostly German - they love their diesel bikes.!!! Please let me know when you plan to start the 5S mod, I need some expert inputs on cost and technical steps. Fyi - 5S box from RE costs around 16-17K per the SPares catalog I checked in Banglore RE showroom. So shelved the project for want of funds. Let me know if you can live with a 2nd hand 5S - I have a scrap bullet parts dealer in Shivaji Nagar - I can check with him.. You may save 3-5K. ----------EDIT ---------yes, I remember now - he was the 1 who inspired me to try the split seats, i used to ask him query in RE.com and you can see my garage with the splits, had to sell it coz wasnt comfy for me... say hai to him plz...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandeep_K_Ram View Post
I have only seen this bike twice in the flesh. I had read reports about it developing 9BHP and was to know that. However my memory might be vague as many members are saying it had only 6.5-7BHP.

It used to make one hell of a racket. A cop would ride this daily in front my school and I was just amazed that it ran on diesel.
There is a 7.5 and 8 and 9 BHP version NOT FROM RE though, These are called ASSEMBLED bikes, in diesel bullet language - meaning - get a old petrol one, discard the petrol engine, buy a greaves lombardini of your choice - and fabricate the engine mounts - since the engine doesnot fit directly onto the petrol chassis - and you have a diesel bike.

----------EDIT---------

I also had the Manual of these engines - if any one is inclined to go thru them, please do so...

Picasa Web Albums - santosh - diesel_manual

---------------------------

For you guys who would like to see the best maintained diesel bike - the pics were of a Zamindar's Bike in a Remote Village Near Krishnagiri Village, this is a assembled bike with a 8Bhp Engine with a MARUTI 800 Starter Motor and a CAR EXIDE BAttery. The Finishing was what made drool!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Royal Enfield Taurus diesel-picture-048.jpg  

Royal Enfield Taurus diesel-picture-049.jpg  

Last edited by svsantosh : 26th July 2008 at 08:29.
svsantosh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2008, 09:29   #41
BHPian

That is a stunning bike there

Did this bike come with full DC lighting like on some of the RE bikes ?
Old 26th July 2008, 16:08   #42
Senior - BHPian

Eventhough i'm not a fan of the Diesel Enfield i am very much fascinated with the idea of a bit more powerful Diesel bike based on the Enfield, 16 to 18BHP Diesels would be adequate as it will come with huge amounts of torque. Some of those German Enfield Diesels with twin cylinders looks promising. It would make an ideal cruiser and fast enough for our Indian roads.
Old 26th July 2008, 16:33   #43

Oh yeah..... It would be Pic # 3 from the below link which Sankar has given...i.e. Bullet Petrol.

How much would a modification like this cost ? And will the bike still perform after the mod ? I normally dont prefer the bike to just look good without performing.
Old 26th July 2008, 17:30   #44
BHPian

I see a green diesel Bullet every day near my house. Started seeing it regularly a few months ago, when the fuel prices rose. Looks well maintained, but havent heard its sound
Old 26th July 2008, 17:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Eventhough i'm not a fan of the Diesel Enfield i am very much fascinated with the idea of a bit more powerful Diesel bike based on the Enfield, 16 to 18BHP Diesels would be adequate as it will come with huge amounts of torque. Some of those German Enfield Diesels with twin cylinders looks promising. It would make an ideal cruiser and fast enough for our Indian roads.
Sounds like its right in the territory of TATA Ace diesel. If someone can post a pic of that engine we can figure out if it will fit or not.

Last edited by Mpower : 26th July 2008 at 17:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks