Old 11th January 2005, 23:25   #16
bhp
BHPian

i like the new pulsar
they have come with broader rubber and nice wheels
i think pulsar is worth it
Old 12th January 2005, 02:28   #17
Senior - BHPian

i have got the new pulsar 180DTSi.before saying anything first ride the bike.u should see the smoothness and pickup of the engine as compared to the old one.bajaj products always improve as the new models come out.and its looks good too with those mags.what put me off the Unicorn was what value does it offer.Put ES and add 4-5k.put alloys add 5k.I got mine for 61k on road.ok unicorn has a refines engine but does it make it worthwhile to wait for 6 months.and it does have monoshock but it does not handle that great.it is more comfort oriented.and also ES start is not before march.so decide.atleast i liked what i have got for my money.
Old 17th October 2017, 12:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Best Bike to Buy

Hi Guys,

sorry for reviving an old thread - wasn't able to find something more appropriate.

Our company needs to buy a Bike / Scooter in Goa. It will primarily be used by two employees in the 20-30 age bracket, to help them commute around for work (as public transport leaves a lot to be desired).

Any recommendations on a safe, reliable, and sturdy bike at the lowest cost possible?
Old 17th October 2017, 13:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Hi Guys,

sorry for reviving an old thread - wasn't able to find something more appropriate.

Our company needs to buy a Bike / Scooter in Goa. It will primarily be used by two employees in the 20-30 age bracket, to help them commute around for work (as public transport leaves a lot to be desired).

Any recommendations on a safe, reliable, and sturdy bike at the lowest cost possible?
My recommendations would be the Activa or the Jupiter, though I find the Jupiter much better in terms of comfort and affordability.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 13:40   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Our company needs to buy a Bike / Scooter in Goa. It will primarily be used by two employees in the 20-30 age bracket, to help them commute around for work

Hero HF Deluxe, Tvs Sport and Bajaj CT 100 are great workhorses with awesome mileage and low maintenance costs, although the gearless scooters would fetch a good resale and would have the added advantage of little things that can be stored in the boot, as against the bikes but would also cost about 12/15k more than any of these bikes.
The Great is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 14:45   #21
BANNED

Scooters are a luxury, they're not easy on the pocket to buy and are a pain to maintain in the long run.

Better settle with a 100cc commuter, the Splendor or CT100 models would be a good buy, considering spare availability and costs, plus they have their respective proven track records.

Comparing both the CT100 is cheaper to Buy, Run and Maintain thanks to Bajaj's awesome service and spare delivery, but the Splendor motors are more rider friendly and offer good consistent oomph down low which is preferable if your people are required to carry load.
ashwinprakas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 15:11   #22
BHPian

I would take on of the super common scooters like Activa or Jupiter. Easy to maintain, can be serviced anywhere. Gearless is another convenience. Your current employees may be comfortable with motorcycles, but your future employees may not be.
autorahul is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks