Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2008, 12:30   #1
BHPian

My Roadking has arrived, but badly

Hey, I finally got the roadking I was looking for, but the previous owner has made some curious modifications to it, some ofwhich I cannot explain..

He has stuck a Bullet carb instead of the original one - what use is this? Should I keep it, or restore the bike with yezdi's version? Or should I put something else there entirely?

Also, the guy went and put an RD350 fuel tank instead of the killer original. Any idea where I can get the original fuel tank, and how much it costs?

Also, is it worth putting discs on the bike? It stops quite well, but the brakes feel a little soft...

So, anyone with any information for a brand new 2T motorist, your suggestions and input is most welcome!
Old 16th January 2008, 12:32   #2
Senior - BHPian

You mean Yezdi Road King? Where in the world did you find one? Nice bike but I did not like the sound though.
Old 16th January 2008, 12:34   #3
BHPian

Yeah.. I found one in Pattukotai, after 2 months of searching, so I grabbed it. I guess the sound of the bike is a personal thing - when you sit on it, feel it, then its a whole new sensation... hehehe...
Old 16th January 2008, 12:45   #4
Senior - BHPian

Try and get the original carbs or a Jikov from the (Jawa) 350. The Roadking is a handsome bike - why would someone want to plonk an RD350 tank on it???

Other than that there's nothing really for you to worry about. This thing will run on any type of fuel and if you're totally out you can borrow some kerosene from the stove on a roadside foodstall - it will run on that too. We've even run one with a broken accelerator cable with the pillon rider working the accelerator by hand using the broken cable. That was hilarious.
Old 16th January 2008, 12:53   #5
Senior - BHPian

Try out in yeshwanthpur dude. There are couple of garages where they work on yezdis
Old 16th January 2008, 13:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Brings back fond memories. I am glad that someone in this age actually recognises the value of a Yezdi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaronikar View Post
You mean Yezdi Road King? Where in the world did you find one? Nice bike but I did not like the sound though.
You simply cannot like the bike if you do not like the sound.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid View Post
We've even run one with a broken accelerator cable with the pillon rider working the accelerator by hand using the broken cable. That was hilarious.

Have done that many times. Runs with the clutch cable cut too, has auto clutch.

Please try to find original Roadking tank, if you can't please let me know, i will try here. Amazing bike.
Old 16th January 2008, 13:21   #7
BHPian

[quote=aveek;690089]
He has stuck a Bullet carb instead of the original one - what use is this?

Also, the guy went and put an RD350 fuel tank instead of the killer original.

I think your old owner put in all these because he couldnt get the original stuff. Unless the look or the performance is badly affected by these, I think you should stick to what is there now.
Old 16th January 2008, 13:26   #8
BHPian

try vayalikaval its near to malleswaram, there you can find lots of yezdi mechanics who also have spares .. best of luck
Old 16th January 2008, 13:38   #9
BHPian

Also, is it worth putting discs on the bike? It stops quite well, but the brakes feel a little soft...

Discs are a must,Roadking is a decently powered bike with not the greatest of stopping ability.
Old 16th January 2008, 14:14   #10
Senior - BHPian

Why not try at Shivajinagar Gujri, you may find all what you might be loking out for.
Old 16th January 2008, 14:30   #11
BHPian

Wow, guys thanks for the quick responses - I went for a ride with her, and all this has turned up already!

@ Steeroid - Like I said, the fuel tank logic beats me completely. I've heard about a couple of students going crazy with an old CL250 engine - they went about setting fuel injection into it, experimented with different fuels and oils... is that whyere you got it from? I think, one day when I actually do run out of fuel, I will give the kerosene a shot! Hehehehe...

@devil: even with engine braking...?

@esteem: Hahaha - you know, I was riding it yesterday, and I changed gears and felt a slight "thunk", but continuedd riding. Later on I realized that the clutch cable got cut, but the bike's auto-clutch is still pretty perfect.

Is it true, though, that using 'auto mode' on the roadking does in fact destroy the gear system faster? Or is that just some garbage jealous people you? ;-)
Old 16th January 2008, 14:36   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_in_flesh View Post

Discs are a must,Roadking is a decently powered bike with not the greatest of stopping ability.
Would agree to that. If possible, please install better brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveek View Post
Is it true, though, that using 'auto mode' on the roadking does in fact destroy the gear system faster? Or is that just some garbage jealous people you? ;-)

He he he , jealous jealous jealous.
Old 16th January 2008, 14:55   #13
A.R
BHPian

Hey aveek, nice ride you've bought! Imust say it's got an awesome exhaust growl, road grip & pulling power.

Regarding Yezdi parts, since you stay in Bangalore, take a ride to Mysore. You will certainly find the required parts from the garages/work shops out there. (factory used to be in Mysore years ago before it shut out)
Old 16th January 2008, 15:07   #14
Senior - BHPian

Great to see someone going in for a Yezdi now.

You must really love her a lot, aveek!
Old 16th January 2008, 15:12   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyWheels View Post
Great to see someone going in for a Yezdi now.

You must really love her a lot, aveek!

Haha, well considering I got her only last morning, yeah! A lot of TLC heading is her way :-D

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks