Team-BHP - The Chinese are coming!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   The Chinese are coming! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/34363-chinese-coming.html)

global auto's bike the Rock 100 soon to be available for 26k on road in bangalore and the BlahBlah 150 (no name yet) scooter available for 36k on road in bangalore. can any manufacturer compete? is this the beginning of the end for the others?

The scooter looks cool! :)

The scooter looks like it has a lot of cheap plastic on it. Disc brakes ?
The bike seems to be in the 100cc range...Don't we have too many of these already in India !( the looks,the style & the engine type,I mean).

The bike stylling reminds me of TVS Max 100. Looks like a Max 100 with fairing. I guess this will sell in good numbers in rural areas.

Chinese products are always cheap because of the cheap manufacturing costs and also cheap spares, which does not not translate into very good products.earlier too Chinese bike makers had made attempts to inrode into the growing indian bike market but with little success.There is always a sense of skepticism surrounding Chinese products which are infamous for their unreliability.

If the Chinese are actually going to launch the above mentioned products then there really isn't a lot to worry for the indian bike makers as they already have better quality products ready in the that segment and pretty competitively priced as well.Now even rural India is more quality and aesthetic conscious considering the number of options available to them.The 100cc motorcycle is slowly but surely fading..

and i learn that they are looking for dealers in bangalore. anyone interested?

Again? How many times would the chinese come!

Ground clearance of the scooter looks promising.

Not sure what will happen to After-sales-service.

Yes, looks much like the Ind-Suzuki / TVS-Suzuki.
Quote:

quadra : Not sure what will happen to After-sales-service.
Wonder if it will be an A.S.S !

Pardon me saying this but " The chinese have always """Been Coming""" "
Its been a few years since we've been hearing this. Avanti tried their hands at it a few years ago trying to introduce cheap 150cc's. I guess those motorcycles could not meet Bharat Norms.
I don't doubt they'll be here but just that its been going on for a bit now.

Hey and how about the "Kanda" the Chinese Chopper which is a 100cc block utting out an awe inspiring 8bhp..I believe they sold some numbers here and there..I personaly have seen a few in Pune..I know of someone who is seeling Chinese off road bikes for 45K..I checked one out..I would have bought it for my son when he is 10yrs old..but for nothing else..

Quote:

Originally Posted by highwayblaze (Post 697485)
Pardon me saying this but " The chinese have always """Been Coming""" "
Its been a few years since we've been hearing this. Avanti tried their hands at it a few years ago trying to introduce cheap 150cc's. I guess those motorcycles could not meet Bharat Norms.
I don't doubt they'll be here but just that its been going on for a bit now.

agreed highwayblaze....
discussing on this is like :deadhorse......

No matter how much they try they can never really post a threat to Indian manufacturers.

Who would buy a Chinese bike (even if they sell for 20k) when 2nd or even 3rd hand bikes which will last like close to eternity when compared to Chinese bikes......

and any clue what is the 'expiry' date of the product. i think it will be 'one time use' only ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ac 427 (Post 703975)
and any clue what is the 'expiry' date of the product. i think it will be 'one time use' only ;)

hehe good one there!!!:) god save the once who buy these machines!!

i saw these machines at the expo and it was clear that they were of better quality than the typical chinese bikes. quality was up a few notches with regards to fit and finish. about duarability, that still remains in doubt. but i think that the chinese have made much progress here too.

the bikes are built in west bengal with some engine components sources from china, obviously to be competetive on the pricing front.

the bikes look so so but that scooter was cool. wonder if it will make it to the market soon.