Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2008, 14:40   #16
Senior - BHPian

In terms of mileage, Activa gives around 45 - 50 kpl, Honda Service in B'lore is pretty good!
Old 22nd January 2008, 17:14   #17
BHPian

Sathya > As u have zeroed in between Flyte and Activa my suggestion is to wait for another two mths for the Honda Aviater to released in Mar which has got the same Acitva engine with added benefits.

Further as u have got liitle bit apprehensions about kinetic product its better to go for a Honda Aviater to get peace of mind latter.

Better go through this entire forum about what experts say and not users say bcz they have no choice other than support their dead horse
Old 22nd January 2008, 19:58   #18
BHPian

well there is one choice in gearless scooters today that experts and users both agree on and that is the Kinetic SYM Flyte.. with two major Scooter of the Year 2008 awards, and unanimously great reviews by all real experts..

now sathya dont say that Overdrive, Business Standard Motoring, Autocar India, Auto India, CNBC Auto Show, DNA, Hindu, Bikeguru.. they arent experts and you are.

aviator may or may not be a better buy than flyte. if u can wait for awhile and then decide then wait.. the SYM engine of flyte is a very good one too... if not interested in waiting to see what the aviator is really like, then flyte is the best one today.

however, the spec sheet, performance & features of flyte are better than aviator... I was disappointed to see it does not have 125cc engine, front fueling or central locking. Front fueling should become standard spec in scooters, it is really useful.

Last edited by sunilbakshi : 22nd January 2008 at 20:01. Reason: added
Old 22nd January 2008, 21:54   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
well there is one choice in gearless scooters today that experts and users both agree on and that is the Kinetic SYM Flyte.. with two major Scooter of the Year 2008 awards, and unanimously great reviews by all real experts..

now sathya dont say that Overdrive, Business Standard Motoring, Autocar India, Auto India, CNBC Auto Show, DNA, Hindu, Bikeguru.. they arent experts and you are.

aviator may or may not be a better buy than flyte. if u can wait for awhile and then decide then wait.. the SYM engine of flyte is a very good one too... if not interested in waiting to see what the aviator is really like, then flyte is the best one today.

however, the spec sheet, performance & features of flyte are better than aviator... I was disappointed to see it does not have 125cc engine, front fueling or central locking. Front fueling should become standard spec in scooters, it is really useful.
Suzuki Access would be better than all of them. I am still not convenienced on Kinetic's build quality besides Suzuki has almost everything that Kinetic flyte has.
Old 23rd January 2008, 01:27   #20
BHPian

I have an experience of 800 km ride with Kinetic Flyte and some few Km of Suzuki Access (my friend owns one). I have taken test rides of all the scooters before zeroing in on Flyte.

I have selected Flyte for the following reasons:
1. Mostly my wife will be using the Flyte in future. The riding and maneuverabily is easy with flyte than any other scooter.
2. Front Fuel filling, which will be easier for my wife.
3. Large underseat storage than any other scooter.
4. Looks better than Access for a female rider.

The remaining aspects compared to Suzuki Access are same for the Flyte (front telescopic suspension, 125 cc mill, good build quality, large underseat storage space).

Both Access and Flyte are able performers neck to neck. If you require easy handling go for Flyte. Reliability with Flyte is yet to be proven, as is the case with Suzuki Access, but being Suzuki one can expect a reliable service.

Kinetic is also taking some measurements to provide good service to Flyte owners, by setting up toll free line for complaints.

As of now, I am very happy with Flyte.

Activa and Dio or old mills, though relaible, with poor suspension and handling. I suggest you to choose between Access and Flyte for your father. Ask your father to take test rides of both Flyte and Access. You will never regret buying anyone of the these two.

Last edited by ravi@64bhp : 23rd January 2008 at 01:28.
Old 23rd January 2008, 12:55   #21
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thread has been cleaned up, and we suggest a read of our board rules which clearly indicates that personal attacks are NOT permitted on this board. Attack the issue, not the person.

Let that be the end of it. Any more and infractions / bans will follow.
Old 24th January 2008, 09:43   #22
BHPian

Super-Admin >

Thanks for the advice & cleanup i promise to follow the rules.
Old 25th February 2008, 23:48   #23
BHPian

Along with the Activa & Flyte check out Suzuki Access, it just came outand is as good as either.
I'd reccomend the activa if it wouldnt have been the ease of use. Activa is bulky and taxing on the arms & shoulders to ride in slow moving traffic and to manoever.flyte / access would be a better options, but i'd stay away from kinetic coz of its history, *** & quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilbakshi View Post
hmmm the main drawback with activa is its inferior suspension setup which can lead to backache, esp if the road quality is not good.
Its not the inferior quality suspension but the Taller back/inclined design that causes that problem it exists in most 4 stroke scooters, the seating position due to the design makes one bend forward while the hips are raised..that causes back ache.
Getting a pillion rider along or a shorter shock absorber would do the job(i dont have an idea as to whether the latter can be done)
Old 26th February 2008, 00:08   #24
BHPian

the honda activa beats all competition where reliability and after sales service is concerned. the only issue with the activa is the weight of the scooter, some people have to make a great deal of effort to put it on center stand. as far as mileage is concerned it will give you about 40 kmpl.

the activa is a better bet than the suzuki access because to me it seems a bit flimsy when compared to the activas build quality.

honda are launching a new scooter, its supposed to be very good. you may want to check that out.
Old 26th February 2008, 00:39   #25
BHPian

why did A.S.S get censored in my post above?
Old 26th February 2008, 11:35   #26
BHPian

Aviator feels like a good scooter, though a bit taller due to large wheels. But shoul dbe perfect for your dad!
Old 26th February 2008, 15:54   #27
BHPian

Go for the active bro. Complete peace of mind & good after sales. I have a kinetic nova 135 & i will never ever buy a kinetic product after this. It was a very bad experience. It gives me a mileage of 35-40Kmpl MAX, the pistons have been changed 2-3times in one year & the scooter is just 3years old. & not to forget it has very few dealers in delhi & NCR so every time i had to give it to a local mechanic to get it fixed. The only thing which i got in that scooter was LOOKS as compared to activa.

Last edited by caroholic1 : 26th February 2008 at 15:57.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:30   #28
BHPian

have had the activa for over a year now and haven't had any problems whatsoever with the bike. apart from the routine checks at the service centre never had to go there. it looks a little outdated though but will never let you down.
Old 26th February 2008, 21:44   #29
Senior - BHPian

Glad that I found this thread. My dad's on the lookout to replace the Kinetic that's been in the family since 1998.
Again, non-geared scooter,decent mileage,not too hard to handle. There are the basic requirements.

Few questions here:
1) Can someone give me more info on the cost of the Sym Flyte & the Access.
2) Are these bikes available second hand? I know these bikes are relatively new,so would a well maintained bike be available with less miles on it?
Old 27th February 2008, 00:27   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
Glad that I found this thread. My dad's on the lookout to replace the Kinetic that's been in the family since 1998.
Again, non-geared scooter,decent mileage,not too hard to handle. There are the basic requirements.

Few questions here:
1) Can someone give me more info on the cost of the Sym Flyte & the Access.
2) Are these bikes available second hand? I know these bikes are relatively new,so would a well maintained bike be available with less miles on it?
Hi there.
the FLYTE is basically targeted at women by kinetic, (Approx 43000 on road)
The ACCESS (Approx 44500 on road) is similar but short people 5",5" 1' and below find it bulky.
Both are easy to balance and tread around in slow traffic & maneover.
As its for dad, keep away the Activa, pretty good darn good engine but leaves a back ache after a longish ride& is hard to maneuver in slow speeds.

Seconds is a good idea coz u get it for cheaper, plus no waiting time as both are new.
I havent seen a seconds add in the paper yet, im sure there would have been ads.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks