Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2008, 18:25   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Sweet sweet sound gendarmee. But i preferred to not have the idle in my yezdis. Just loved the way it growls when you release the throttle especially if you are coming down a hill.
I dont thnik i'd enjoy riding it with that kinda idling (idling in the vid)!

dead beat, thats what we call it here.
My jawa set to dead beat too, if ya noticed in the vid the bike was being worked on, it was just started after being put together after a paint job, the carb was still to be fine tuned.
That was done and also mufflers and cones were put back into the silencer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I will post the pics soon as the bike is getting a servicing done and a new paint job.
where are u getting the paint job done? who's your mechanic?

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2008 at 04:20. Reason: Posts merged. Please use QUOTE+ / MULTI-QUOTE. Thanks!
Old 1st August 2008, 19:45   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
You can try Hero Honda Cd100 mirrors(rectangular) or RX100(circular) mirrors, depending on your taste. You will need an extra nut, if using the original handle.
Correct me if im wrong, the RK never came with RVM's right ? one had to mixmatch right?
Old 1st August 2008, 23:04   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Correct me if im wrong, the RK never came with RVM's right ? one had to mixmatch right?
Never bought an RK new, so I wouldn't know.

@HillRam - If you think full face helmet is overkill, God save you. Broken jawbones aren't very nice. Helmet is like insurance, why do u want to take insurance for half of the body/head?
Old 1st August 2008, 23:24   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuttapan View Post
Never bought an RK new, so I wouldn't know.

@HillRam - If you think full face helmet is overkill, God save you. Broken jawbones aren't very nice. Helmet is like insurance, why do u want to take insurance for half of the body/head?
Mine didnt come with any RVMs, and some mentioned here that original would be hard too source, that made me think.
Old 2nd August 2008, 23:46   #80
BHPian

Hi,

I recently restored a 1995 Roadking. I have posted a few photos, one before restoration and 2 after. Please post your comments.

This is my first post in Team-BHP and wanted to write on my recent aquisition.
Attached Thumbnails
Bought : Yezdi Roadking 1994-rk_before1.jpg  

Bought : Yezdi Roadking 1994-rk_after1.jpg  

Bought : Yezdi Roadking 1994-rk_after2.jpg  

Old 25th November 2008, 15:49   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blr_RK View Post
Hi,

I recently restored a 1995 Roadking. I have posted a few photos, one before restoration and 2 after. Please post your comments.

Hey BLR_RK,
Buddy looking at the rugged state of the bike & the finished look, i noticed one thing. The seat ring is missing in the finished piece. DO you still have it lying around with you? If yes, can i get my hands on it? Also, please tell me if u have the saree guard for the same. I have been looking for it everywhere. I went all the way upto mysore also but returned with a big ":("

Please let me know if....

Thanks
digitalblood
Old 25th November 2008, 16:00   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
@ Kuttapan
I found all gear's and shafts, mysore & Czeck with a yezdi dealer here.

The Yezdi spare dealer here says that Jain automobiles closed down years ago, is it true when was the last anyone has been to the place?
Hi,
If you are addressing to "JAIN AUTOMOBILES, MYSORE" be glad, it is still functioning. I recently bought a few spares from them. 15 days back
Old 26th November 2008, 01:43   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
Kuttapan, Is that a twin Yezdi??? Pics are too small. Can you send a diff link with a bigger pic. If what I am seeing is true, then you will be the Only 2nd person I know of with a twin yezz. Kudos to you. PS- Where do you get the spares and service? I never dreamt of owning one, but as my tates go, I like to own something that no one or very few have. PSPS - As a diesel bulleter may ask first; whats the FE you get.
Santosh: There are quite a few Y350 owners in Bangalore. If you ever go to Addu Bhai's shop in Seva Nagar, Ul find at least 3 to 4 of them. I have a stock condition one, which has done some 5000 km, so almost brand new and Im building another one from a spare engine that has been with me for a while now. Parts are difficult but not impossible to get. Jain Automobiles has/had quite a few spares. I stocked up on the clutch plates, pistons, clutch chains, rpm/speedo inner worms and cables, etc. Also, the top gear, the only gear that is different from ur other yezdis.

For the bike Im building, I recently picked up stuff that I needed the most, namely, frame with swingarm and airfilter box, the two things that are hard to come by and are different from all the yezdis except the Monarch. This bike is going to have body parts from CZ, Jawa, and Yezdi and a bit of fury .

Also Im restoring a 1962 Jawa 353 Kyvacka. Sourced out most parts except for the rear hub, mph speedo/odo meter, and handlebar levers. I'l be really grateful if anyone here can give me some leads on getting these.

Dominator: Are you referring to the Jawa type 354? I hope you didn't let go of a perak. If you ever manage to get it back, please let me know. Would love to see it. I know of only 2 other people in the south who have it, one is in Bangalore and the other in Hyderabad, but both are under restoration.

Cheers
-pat-
Old 26th November 2008, 11:42   #84
Senior - BHPian

Driving and Yezdi is always been a dream to me. I never got a chance till now.
The last Yezdi I have seen on road in Coimbatore is a month ago. :-)
Cheers to those who still own one!
Old 26th November 2008, 12:23   #85
BHPian

I own a 1978 Yezdi D 250 Classic. I used to ride it when I was in college. It is lying in a corner now rotting. I plan to bring it back to its orignal glory at somepoint. I loved riding that bike, the twin exhaust, the sound, the short wheelbase, it was just Superb!

I also remember the scarily slow braking. The neutral after each gear which, at a traffic light in neutral used to keep rolling forward and you had to use all the strenght in your legs to hold it back!! Absolutely loved it.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:42   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ad75 View Post
Bought : Yezdi Roadking 1994

2.Will have to get the FC done next year as the bike will be 15years old!!.what all should be done before we take it for FC?
Recently I had CF done for my Bullet. They wanted the bike started and then all the lights switched on etc. All the lights worked, like head light, tiger eye, brake light etc. Then the inspector asked "where are the indicators?" I said sir in the bikes of that era they didn't have indicators. He said fix a 12 volt battery and get indicators. And he wrote "D/N issued. Fit indicator". No question of any argument or logic etc.
D/N in this case means defective note.
So I had to put four ugly indicators (I already had battery operated system) and then go back for a re-examination on that very day; he was satisfied and let me pass.
I was like "Pappu pass ho gaya."
My agent told me I was lucky that he didn't ask me to get the body repainted.
Also, please check the number plate. It should be black on white and not the other way round as it used to be a few years ago. In fact you should change this right away, if it is not so.
Old 26th November 2008, 13:06   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

Very good job done Blr Rk.Your bike looks like a new vehicle now.
Old 26th November 2008, 22:27   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

How much did you spend on that? ;-) Just curious know.
And How long it took at the garage?
Old 27th November 2008, 15:16   #89
BHPian

@digitalblood, I have now fixed the seat ring to the bike. No, I dont have a saree guard.

@zen91, thanks for the compliments. It does ride like a new one. I use it almost on a daily basis, except during rainy days.

@agbenny, I spent around 15000 for the restoration and it took 1 full month.
Old 27th November 2008, 17:34   #90
BHPian

Good One!

Quote:
Hi,

Quote:
@digitalblood, I have now fixed the seat ring to the bike. No, I dont have a saree guard.

@zen91, thanks for the compliments. It does ride like a new one. I use it almost on a daily basis, except during rainy days.

@agbenny, I spent around 15000 for the restoration and it took 1 full month.
Your RK looks gorgeous blr_rk. 15,000 is only for restoring the bike or total cost of the bike with restoration? I'm also looking for RK/JAWA in bangalore. If you have any leads kindly let me know

cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks