Team-BHP - help in buying a rx
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   help in buying a rx (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/34745-help-buying-rx.html)

i intend to buy an rx100 .A guy is asking 12000 for the bike its a pre 1988 thing,the guy has they bike with himself since 10 months,he claims that its in perfect condition.HOW much is such a bike worth? i ve seen it .It looks in a decent condition on first glance but didnt have the time to inspect it properly.
what are the common flaws i should look for?( i am a noob in terms of bikes let alone 2 strokes)

is there any good mech in mumbai where i can get this bike inspected(BTW i am in mulund)??

or any pointers that the local mech should look into?

any other advice is welcome.

thanks.

Paras..First thing is Good second hand RX is pretty hard to find.
for 12k 1988 model its bit expensive i guess.But its fine if the vehicle is in pretty good condition.
Just take it for a small ride and find out how the engine is??Check if there is Missing or oil leak.check out for the tyre.Best thing to do is take a good mechanic along with and check the vehicle in n out before u make a decision.

check out if the vehicle is having proper papers.. because nowadays u can find many stolen RX..watch out mate

Regards
binoy

ok 12k too much .so how much should i ppay?? 10?? 8??

Take 8k and go, dont give any more.

If the condition is good, I think 10k is a fair amount. Also, pre-88 used to come with Japanese Engine.

Like binoy mentioned, a ride on a 2-stroke bike should tell you the condition. If you are not familiar with 2-strokes, take it to a good mechanic.

Ive got offers in excess of 12k for my 87 2nd owner rx,depends on the bikes condition,as suggested by fellow bhpian ..IMHO the papers, insurance precede the condition of the bike as virtually everything is replaceable and dosen't cost much if you want it stock .

Check if FC is done lately all pre-90 bikes needs a FC to pay your road tax (Not sure of mumbai though) .

As you know RX rocks

Dude i have a 10+ year old Rx-100 and people are willing to pay me more than 20,000 /- but im refusing... though i spend a lot on fuel it became a prestige issue of having an Rx100, so for just holding an rx100 as such u have to shell out an amount of premium... if u can get it for 10k great, somehow if u manage to get it then again u are a proud owner of rx100

RX were high revving bikes.
The most common flaw an abused RX can have is loss of pressure in the cylinder.
And as parts are rare (extinct) an RX with the above issue can make it a "standing beauty".

so make sure to check the bike thoroughly for other flaws as well. ( oil leaks, rusted fuel tank, rusted exhausts)

all the best for your buy.
cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorheadinc (Post 703158)
And as parts are rare (extinct) an RX with the above issue can make it a "standing beauty".

Most RX series spares are available in most cities and not as rare as RD spares

Do a search on the RX 135 thread and you will get a few tips. Well maintained RXs are hard to get by. Get a good mechanic to help. Yes, check for missing oil pump.

I have brought and sold many RX series bikes for friends and relatives. Personally I own a RX135 after selling a 89 RX100. Do let me know if you have any specific questions.