Team-BHP - Delivery woes Suzuki Access 125
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Motorbikes (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/)
-   -   Delivery woes Suzuki Access 125 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/motorbikes/34853-delivery-woes-suzuki-access-125-a.html)

After TD'ing three options (Activa, Flyte and Suzuki access) I finally decided to go in for Suzuki Access 125. I went to the showroom with cash in hand thinking that I will finalize the deal today so that within a day or two I can get the delivery.
To my surprise the waiting period for the vehicle is minimum 90days. This is ridiculous to hear from people like Suzuki when they are coming on their own to india. The dealer in double road,Bangalore told me the 2008 model will be available from FEB and there are around 600+ customers in waiting by paying 1000/- as the booking amount which is more than 600000/- with the dealer himself. Think abt the money he is making in just the interest itself.:Shockked:
I need to rethink my decision now. Is anyone else faced the same problem with Suzuki please let me know or lead me to a good dealer.

Same problem here - Suzuki dealer told me that delivery will be in May 2008 and hence I dropped that option!

Wow, I am surprised to hear that. I thought only Activa had a wait. In a way its good for Suzuki because their bikes are in demand...but it seems to me like a manufacturing bottle nect at their plant.

demand has picked up for the access because suzuki claims 58-60 kms on road mileage . I did check up with a few people who had bought the access and they really seem to be getting more than 50kms per litre .

I also went to buy the access with the full cash and i was shocked to find out that i would have to wait for 90 days .

Quote:

Originally Posted by greatmana2000 (Post 704995)
demand has picked up for the access because suzuki claims 58-60 kms on road mileage . I did check up with a few people who had bought the access and they really seem to be getting more than 50kms per litre .

I also went to buy the access with the full cash and i was shocked to find out that i would have to wait for 90 days .

suzuki access is a good scooter but the company and dealers are creating an artificial demand for it just to convey an image of "booking" to the market. the actual reason is production problems, and this info is from within suzuki itself.

suzuki is trying the "tried and tested" old formula of the honda activa of making/creating a waiting/booking period for its product to artificially enhance its value. does anyone know that the activa was available suddenly in 3 days time from november 2007 itself? why? because the access and flyte were launched and the activa sales dropped. now tell me is honda not capable of upping production for over 3 years despite heavy booking and demand for the activa? its a load of bull.

its now the turn of the other jap company to try the same **** on indians. DO NOT TRUST THE JAPS in india with regards to demand and supply.

i have a suggesstion....if possible go to any suz showroom and spend a whole day and count the number of vehicles that they are delivering. you will be surprised at how few its actually. they are playing on the fact that we in india value stuff that comes after a wait more than that comes immediately.

and btw, it does not give more than 50 kmpl on road. the 60 is under test conditions.

Even i was told the same thing, 90 days waiting Blah Blah ! but since i was impressed with the product i decided to wait. Payed the DP and within 10 days the scoot was delivered to me. So would suggest u to do the same thing too, speak to the showroom officals and see if they can work out anything for u.
Yeah i must agree that this is marketing gimmick carried out by the guys at Suzuki India.

well said. Same happened to me when I bought my swift as well. But I somehow ate my dealers head everyday and I got the delivery in 8days to be precise.
I saw one flyte it looks more designed thinking abt the female drivers. I felt access is a good option for Activa so I guess I try to get some influence and get the bike as soon as possible.

I recently went to Swapna Enterprises in chennai to test drive and enquire about Access. They told me that the wait time is 90days !!! Did a TD of Flyte and booked it. Will be getting it delivered today!