Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 11th February 2008, 14:41   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
their bikes and license should be impounded for at least 3 month .... better 6 month, only these things will teach them a lesson
Do you believe that all these KIDs are having license?
Old 11th February 2008, 23:20   #17
BHPian

Quote:
single wheeled drag racers
interesting.
I remember here....on a Sunday morning a couple of pulsar guys and 2 superbikes came down to the open road..riding around, drew a crowd.....the police labeled it racing and asked them to leave.Ended of it.
Arresting guys is weird, it wasn't a criminal congregation!
Drag racing? wont the clutch burn out just in once race?
Old 12th February 2008, 00:05   #18
Senior - BHPian

This sort of thing should be put down with an iron hand. Not just by the authorities but also in online communities. The real riders and drivers are the ones who beat the brunt of this bullshiit...if anyone is wondering why the Bangalore speedrun isn't forthcoming, this is one of the reasons why...
Old 12th February 2008, 01:35   #19
Senior - BHPian

If its involves college kids and poses a threat to commuters,I'd say suspend their license & impound the bikes. That would teach them a lesson.
Old 12th February 2008, 01:42   #20
BHPian

Wonder how this didnt make it to " Breaking News " on CNN IBN. Coming up .. exclusive interview with the parents / neighbours of one of the kids who was arrested.
Old 12th February 2008, 01:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Going terribly off topic here,but the 'kids' you are referring to here are between 18-22 years old.

Its really not fair when everyone starts generalising about kids degrading the motorsport scene in India by driving dangerously on public roads.There are quite few youngsters,some of which are on the forum,who take part professionally in motorsport events and even if they don't,drive responsibly on the roads.

C'mon guys ..
Old 12th February 2008, 02:03   #22
Senior - BHPian

Things apart,whether the 'kids' involved were 18 or 24,doesn't make a difference to the fact that they were drag racing or doing various stunts on public roads. 2.30am means there would be no traffic,or at the most,very few vehicles plying at that time. Still,this sort of gathering can lead to all sorts of untoward incidents- accidents,brawls and anything beyond.
Old 12th February 2008, 02:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
if anyone is wondering why the Bangalore speedrun isn't forthcoming, this is one of the reasons why...
What crap, Ananth. We all know the real reason why the SR plan came unstuck in BLR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
If its involves college kids and poses a threat to commuters,I'd say suspend their license & impound the bikes. That would teach them a lesson.
Would it be the same if it involved 40 year olds and drunk driving?
Old 12th February 2008, 02:06   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Would it be the same if it involved 40 year olds and drunk driving?
Absolutely. Age is just a factor. An 18 year old can be expected to do stunts on his bike on the streets. A 40 year old person can drive under the influence. What matters is the fact that drag races and other stunt-performances aren't supposed to be done on public roads,no matter what time of the day. One wrong move,and a life could be lost. Personally,I wouldn't care if the person doing the stunts got hurt (mildly,or seriously). But if an innocent bystander or commuter gets hurts,then thats not something we want.
Old 12th February 2008, 02:13   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Absolutely. Age is just a factor. .
NO.Age is not a factor.Maturity is.

Quote:
A 40 year old person can drive under the influence. .
Please tell me you have something substantial to justify that.

Quote:
What matters is the fact that drag races and other stunt-performances aren't supposed to be done on public roads,no matter what time of the day.

One wrong move,and a life could be lost. Personally,I wouldn't care if the person doing the stunts got hurt (mildly,or seriously). But if an innocent bystander or commuter gets hurts,then thats not something we want.
Are you saying the same doesn't apply when a person (say 40 year old) is DUI?

Last edited by binz : 12th February 2008 at 02:17. Reason: typos
Old 12th February 2008, 02:50   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz View Post
NO.Age is not a factor.Maturity is.

I agree. Maturity (as far as road sense is concerned) comes with experience,and with the present trend,youngsters for the most part tend to be quite immature when it comes to riding/driving. Its always a handful of youngsters who behave way above their age,and respect fellow commuters.

I didn't mean to say that a 40 year old person is allowed to drive under the influence. Anyone,be it a 15 year old,or an 80 year old,can DUI.

Are you saying the same doesn't apply when a person (say 40 year old) is DUI?
Anyone,be it an irresponsible biker trying to do stunts on the road,or a person driving under the influence, gets the same treatment. What I meant to say is,no matter what the clause,be it stupidity to drive after getting drunk, or the aspect of trying to show off doing some stunts,the last thing we all want is someone (apart from the moron in question) to get hurt.

To make it simple.. I'd rather have a person trying to drag race on the streets take a bad hit & get injured/destroy their ride, than have some other innocent commuter get hit by these crazy people.
Old 12th February 2008, 02:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
To make it simple.. I'd rather have a person trying to drag race on the streets take a bad hit & get injured/destroy their ride, than have some other innocent commuter get hit by these crazy people.
I'd rather have a racetrack.

I wouldn't wish this stuff on anyone, Nitin. No offence to you, but it has a funny way of coming back to haunt oneself.
Old 12th February 2008, 03:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd rather have a racetrack.

I wouldn't wish this stuff on anyone, Nitin. No offence to you, but it has a funny way of coming back to haunt oneself.
Please don't get me wrong. I don't intend bad for anyone,not even an enemy of any sorts.

I would love to have people compete on a track. But to take these stunts onto a road,thats nothing short of sheer madness & stupidity. All for the thrill of it,but is it worth it?

Trust me,I've seen some real crazy youngsters drag racing here in Houston. Its just common sense,why race around others? Why put others lives in danger? Same with DUI incidents. Drink & be merry. But be sensible enough to hand the keys over to someone somber.

The only reason I phrased those lines (the way I did), was due to the numerous times I've come across youngsters in B'lore,racing around like its their backyard. MG Road,Friday/Saturday anytime after 11pm. Its just insane. Instead,drive out of the city,go to a secluded spot and do what ever you want to. Isn't that safe for all?

Its how some people say..' if someone does something really stupid,they ought to be punished in the best way possible' .

Last edited by Nitin : 12th February 2008 at 03:16.
Old 12th February 2008, 07:06   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What crap, Ananth. We all know the real reason why the SR plan came unstuck in BLR.
Actually I don't. The fact that I'm halfway around the world might have something to do with it.
Old 12th February 2008, 13:25   #30
BHPian

Well, last I heard was that some minister or MLA created problems because some guys were using the jakur runway during the speedrun when they were landing. Is this the only reason? is there something else? I don't know.

Today's TOI has big coverage on drag racing in Bangalore, some girl saying it happens all the time near her house, and she is scared. The report makes you believe that all Bangalore roads are full of racers. what rubbish. Lots of press masala as well.

confiscate bikes? c'mon, thats just another excuse for the cops to harass ordinary , sane bikers more. Already poor office going bikers are the worst hit by the cops "checking". Now they can just say that you were dragging, so pay-up.

Most Viewed