Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2008, 23:24   #16
BHPian

sorry guys. i asked him, he said its 4 speed. must appreciate you guys, just by seeing the pics you got it figured. thanks again. one thing i wanted to inquire is did the 4 speed rx 135 come with the cdi kit. if not how can one get it fixed? and what are the advantages of using cdi?
Old 15th September 2008, 18:06   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
sorry guys. i asked him, he said its 4 speed. must appreciate you guys, just by seeing the pics you got it figured. thanks again. one thing i wanted to inquire is did the 4 speed rx 135 come with the cdi kit. if not how can one get it fixed? and what are the advantages of using cdi?
all RXs use CDI. what ajaybiz was talking about i think is the RD dreams CDI kit made by ron chinoy which is a CDI controlled by a microprocessor for more precise ignition. i believe it makes a HUGE difference to the running of the bike - more power, more mileage AND less wear and tear on the engine.
Old 15th September 2008, 21:18   #18
BHPian

what will be the approximate cost of converting the 4 speed rx to 5 speed? and what can be done to upjet the bike?how much will it affect the mileage and topspeed?
Old 16th September 2008, 02:00   #19

Need Help with spares for RX 135, 5S

Hey, guys
got a Maroon Rx 135, 5S in pretty good condition and doing good. but lately i was wondering of changing the block piston, but couldn't source it out at delhi. Jayana guys were pushing me a four speed one, but i preferred to wait.can someone help me with a block piston source!!!
secondly would like to know what difference would a four speed one make????
any idea abt were would i get RDD CDI at delhi.....
looking forward.................
Old 16th September 2008, 10:07   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pulsarmaniac View Post
what will be the approximate cost of converting the 4 speed rx to 5 speed? and what can be done to upjet the bike?how much will it affect the mileage and topspeed?

5 speed bore barell gearbox clutchbell, if possible even 5 speed engine casing. since you would have a 2 bhp increase the mileage will come down
topspeed ya there will be a lot of improvement but only if it is tweaked and tuned properly.
Old 16th September 2008, 17:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five Speed Mick View Post
Hey, guys
got a Maroon Rx 135, 5S in pretty good condition and doing good. but lately i was wondering of changing the block piston, but couldn't source it out at delhi. Jayana guys were pushing me a four speed one, but i preferred to wait.can someone help me with a block piston source!!!
secondly would like to know what difference would a four speed one make????
any idea abt were would i get RDD CDI at delhi.....
looking forward.................
Call me on saturday or sunday will try to get a 5 speed block and piston for you, RDD CDI login to the rddreams website or contact torqu3e on that site and the CDI would be with you will check if we have a spare one. i have one on my RX100 and i have felt the difference.
Old 16th September 2008, 18:55   #22

Pictures of my new Wonder!

POsting some pictures of my latest possession. bought from a doctor who had seriously kept it quite dirty. spent abt 3K on boring and clutch repair and some other parts like bulbs and chain etc.
but no paint job..
Attached Thumbnails
Upgrading Yamaha RX135-yam2-2.jpg  

Upgrading Yamaha RX135-yam2-3.jpg  

Upgrading Yamaha RX135-yam2-4.jpg  

Upgrading Yamaha RX135-yam2.jpg  

Old 16th September 2008, 20:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
POsting some pictures of my latest possession. bought from a doctor who had seriously kept it quite dirty. spent abt 3K on boring and clutch repair and some other parts like bulbs and chain etc.
but no paint job..
You bike looks amazing. why dont yo uget the original kinds seat cover that would enhance the look of your bike. it would be just aroun 150 rs.
Old 11th October 2008, 00:46   #24
BHPian

Quote:
but no paint job..
your bike is a beauty for sure.ur lucky dude...take care of her and keep her stock
Old 11th October 2008, 21:19   #25
BHPian

you dont need a paint job anyways. the paint is already looking great really love the rectangular console good that you removed the silver metal cover over the silencer it looks better without it for sure
Old 16th October 2008, 18:38   #26

Thanks Guys!!

Thanks guys! really appreciate your comments. well happen to be in Nagpur a few days back,should say sure luck, got myself a stock block piston kit for 5 Speed (GreenFields Auto) . i had been looking forward for this kit for quite some time. Hey by the way,i have also swapped the stock silencer with the nickel one...the bike now looks complete.
cheers.
Old 16th October 2008, 21:33   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys! really appreciate your comments. well happen to be in Nagpur a few days back,should say sure luck, got myself a stock block piston kit for 5 Speed (GreenFields Auto) . i had been looking forward for this kit for quite some time. Hey by the way,i have also swapped the stock silencer with the nickel one...the bike now looks complete.
cheers.
i get my bike serviced beside greenfields too.gandhibag right? CA road.i have my trusted mechanic who looks after my pulsar and friend's rx135.that place is full of auto shops. i like going there even if i live 8 kms from there at vnit, bajajnagar.good that you got your stuff.next time you come pm me and may be we can meet buddy
Old 20th October 2008, 01:23   #28

Hey Guys please help me!!! is there any grading of stock block and piston kits?? secondly is it possible to get a rpm gauge that would be electrical??? i believe most of the bikes have them electrical rather than mechanical......... cheers............
Old 20th October 2008, 11:35   #29
Senior - BHPian

Most people say a bore with E1 performs the best, but I dont believe in it. I just look at all the ports, pick the one with the least flaws.

Get a working shogun tacho. Its electrical. 4 strokes tachs will work but will show double readings.
Old 24th October 2008, 17:13   #30

Thanks Sunnyboi, that's what i was wondering, the stock bore for five speed that i bought has E2 molded on the cylinder but guess unfortunately there is no way to know about it before buying as the dealers dont open packages before you buy one.... well the shogun techo sounds quite an option but getting a new gauge is a problem,,, by the way was RXZ techo mechanical or electrical?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks