Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2008, 09:22   #16

I've booked an access too, but I'll sure be watching this thread for some inputs from raghutk and the rest of the gang
Old 14th April 2008, 10:49   #17
Senior - BHPian

Hi All

i recently bought Access 125 for my sister and trust me it rocks

She had Activa before that and Kinetic before Activa.But its better than both for them specially the torque and power.

me and my bro(both 90+ kgs) took the test drive and it was punchy.

we got it delivered it in 6 days.
Old 11th May 2008, 12:02   #18

I'm getting my Access delivered to me on 14th May. Once I've got it I'll post pics and then go onto to reviewing it.
Old 16th May 2008, 18:30   #19

I got my Access yesterday evening after a wait period of about 45 days, and I'm glad I was patient enough.
I got a call from the showroom in the morning itself and on making the payment, the Access was ready for delivery by 4:30 pm. extremely courteous sales personnel made sure I didn't have to wait at all at the showroom and I was out on the scooter and heading back to office in about 20 minutes.
My first impression after riding it around all day today is, that I was right in going for this scooter over the Activa and the others. Its got some really serious pep and is a joy to ride in the city, as its got a fantastic response on the throttle and lets you zip instantly. My good friend and a fellow team bhpian, kb100 was in town on a visit and so he got to experience the new scooter as well. He was very impressed that the Access was so smooth hauling our combined weight in excess of 170 kilos.
I will be posting more on the Access as I spend some more time on it and I will updating this thread from time to time.
You could say I'm one extremely happy Suzuki Access owner
Attached Thumbnails
On the Suzuki Access 125-image000a.jpg  

On the Suzuki Access 125-image002a.jpg  

Old 19th May 2008, 13:10   #20
BHPian

My HONDA Aviator looks much hunky & muscular!

Guess some prob with my monitor !
Old 30th September 2008, 16:43   #21
Senior - BHPian

Help me finalize Access

Hello Everyone.

I am looking for a gearless scooter and finalized the following four scooters.
The gearless scooter will be used extensively by my mother and occasionally by my dad.

Here is my requirement and problems faced for these four scooters for which i need your valuable suggestion.

- Scooter should be powerful enough to lug the weight. my parents are on fatter side, so engine should be torquey and seating position should be comfortable.
- good storage space.
-trouble free maintainence. will b keeping for more than 7 years.
- good efficiency around 40 or so...
- good suspension

four scooters in priority order of my preference

- Suzuki Access (My parents as well as me are eager on this but waiting period is quoted 6 MONTHS...Need your advice...is this true? what to do in such case? this is the only thing that is putting us on hold on booking this)

- Pleasure (They liked it, readily available(5 days max), fibre body a problem, good efficiency, too girlish for my dad)

- Kinetic Flyte (Height is a bit more for my mother. a.s.s of kinetic, fuel economy lower than others-plz confirm)

- Aviator or Activa (Tried and tested engine, available within 15 days, bad attitude of showroom guys - as in take or leave it)

So please help me decide what to do about suzuki access as we are very very eager to buy it but only thing is long waiting.

Do you guys think waiting will lessen after we book and keep pushing them?

Sorry for long post.

Please reply ASAP as we need to decide in maximum of 2days

Thanks a lot..
Old 30th September 2008, 22:04   #22
BHPian

Dear Mr.Chevelle my kind advice is to go for the latest Honda Aviator as u mentioned tried and tested engine i own one which drives like butter scotch for past six months even though as u said the sales persons attitude is not good better stick to the best vehichle as ur the one who's investing and dont bother about the salesperson atitude as he may not have been trained properly or not good at his job.
Old 30th September 2008, 22:17   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post

- Suzuki Access (My parents as well as me are eager on this but waiting period is quoted 6 MONTHS...Need your advice...is this true? what to do in such case? this is the only thing that is putting us on hold on booking this)

@chevelle:
I understand that your parents are in Vadodara. Now I am a Suzuki Zeus owner from the same city.
The dealer is very good and I have personally once had a ride on this scooter. My college mate was looking for an automatic scooter for his father and they had finalized Access, but the waiting period made them buy Dio.

If your parents are able to wait, go for the Access, or else go for Aviator. I found out that Aviator has better handling or rather is a safer handling vehicle as compared to Activa/Dio.
But the A.S & S. of both Honda dealers in Vadodara is not good and rather quite bad.
Old 1st October 2008, 10:56   #24
Senior - BHPian

Update on Access

hello

thanks for your suggestion guys.

the update is that parents have booked Suzuki Access 125, as they are willing to wait.

I have told to them test ride aviator again after test riding access again today, if they like aviator than they may go for it or else access would be the one.

Oh yeah, while booking the sales person said that they don't have any hand in the delivery of scooter, the suzuki people from their headquarters will call us at home and tell us that the scooter is in transport and will reach your showroom in 3 to 5 days time.

Is this how it works? i hvn't come accross such a thing from any other dealer, is it not like the dealers are given particular lot of scooter to sell? can u throw some light on this issue. if anybody has email of suzuki regional or nationwide office please pm me so i can email them and ask.

Thanks a lot guys for ur help. I appreciate it.
Old 1st October 2008, 17:15   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if anybody has email of suzuki regional or nationwide office please pm me so i can email them and ask.

I have written n number of emails from the email address available from their website. Till last month, they have never responded.
I have not heard of anything like this. Just 15 days ago, the situation was that Access had 3 months waiting period.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 1st October 2008 at 17:19.
Old 2nd October 2008, 06:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Access is really great scoot if you don't mind the ho-hum looks. Suzuki needs to do a dio type job to interest the style crowd.
Old 2nd October 2008, 08:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

@aaggoswami

can you pm me the email address, in contact us on their website i cudn't find their email id, may be they removed it.

I still wonder why they are quoting such a long wait time, this could turn away lots of buyers i think, suzuki should do something about this.

If you have any sorts of contacts with suzuki people can you let me so that the waiting period could be decreased

Thanks

@M-Power

my parents were impressed by the overall qualities of access compared to others they tested like pleasure, activa, flyte, pep, dio, though my mother didn't like the front end looks, she said it could have been better. they are still to test aviator.

am worried about the pulling power of these 100ccs scooters compared to access (don't count flyte,pep plz, mother felt both are small and so uncomfortable)

I think Suzuki is following the same route that Maruti-Suzuki is doing in the cars. No other option rather than wait for the call i guess.
Old 28th May 2010, 18:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

Any long term reviews on the bike? I seriously want to know how it holds up after 2 years compared to the Activa. The decision is taking so much of my time.
Old 28th May 2010, 19:08   #29
BHPian

@mail4ago: I have an access for more than 2 years now. It done close to 13k kms and i must say its held itself well over the years. Currently getting an average of 45kmpl which is good considering the power it delivers. we have an activa (first model) but this scoot started rattling within 7-8months of purchase and was prone to rust being an all metal body. Have ridden the new activa and i can say it comes no where close to the access in terms of refinement. Would recommend the access anyday, if you dont mind the plane jane looks. Good luck!
Old 28th May 2010, 22:00   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper View Post
Would recommend the access anyday, if you dont mind the plane jane looks. Good luck!
I dont care about the looks or mileage. I am a plane jane person.

Heard some issues about brakes and difficulty in riding heavy bumper to bumper traffic, Any thoughts?

Most Viewed