Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2008, 20:06   #16
BANNED

@Ajaybiz: Good to meet you then, i too have just being bit by the restoring bug. Have a 47 Sunbeam S7 that i was hioping to start work on. Are you in bangalore will hook up someday.

@gendarme: Will try and get the details by tomorrow.

@Sankar: Thanks a lot dude, i was thinking the same. I think you have nailed it.

Now is it worth restoring, and i dont mean restore and sell it. I mean restore it and have pride in it.
Old 18th February 2008, 20:06   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
Great job man!
Amazing to see that u got the pics just with a sample of the piston & speedo
And, notice something there, correct me if im wrong, 2 spark plugs for the same cylinder...Honda probably gonna get sued next for using that in the 60's..lol
Thanks but nothing great man.. just googled I had a hunch as to which model it was so it made googling easier.

That's a twin cylinder engine... but fed by single carb like many old british twins.
Old 18th February 2008, 20:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@Sankar: Thanks a lot dude, i was thinking the same. I think you have nailed it.

Now is it worth restoring, and i dont mean restore and sell it. I mean restore it and have pride in it.
This motorcycle may not be a high value item. But if you find pleasure in restoring it go ahead. The vintage Honda engine parts are available abroad. But finding good body parts like tank and fenders would be troublesome and expensive. But once restored and brought back into shape it would be a reliable machine for sure!
Old 18th February 2008, 20:35   #19
BANNED

Sure man i am busy these days restoring my RD also booked 2 more RD's for buying and restoration.I am very much in Bangalore.
Old 18th February 2008, 20:44   #20
BANNED

I have a 84 HT too but lying unused back home. Thanks again guys. One more question, if this bike the Honda dosent have papers in order, does it make sense to pick it up. The old man did say he has the papers but i am not too sure unless i see them.
Old 18th February 2008, 20:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Thanks but nothing great man.. just googled I had a hunch as to which model it was so it made goggling easier.

That's a twin cylinder engine... but fed by single carb like many old british twins.
Quote:
Single carb. single piston i think has only one sparkplug as in the second pic. Twin exhausts though.
That was why i completely believed it was a single cylinder....
like i said i have seen this single carb, 2 stroke, 2 cylinder late 60's early 70's honda better condition though, with the tinkerer even that doesnt have any side panels or tank, he's fixed a suzuki samuri's tank to it, his passion is to get a bike, like in pic above, spend time on it and start the engine/eletricals and fix it and make it drive able...he didnt find a piston for a norton or BSA..so he took a some 2 stroke scooter's piston got a groove engraved for adding a piston ring (that how he earned respect, for being ingenius)
he fixes them, starts them rides it once and park it in the shed..then goes to the next bike.... the honda resembled this a lot....and sounds nice too when started...
Old 18th February 2008, 20:55   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Sure man i am busy these days restoring my RD also booked 2 more RD's for buying and restoration.I am very much in Bangalore.
there is this RD not being used at the moment...probably for the last 8 years has been stored well though all covered and protected inside a garage...question is, can we find the spares if it needs engine repair or bend pipes/silencers? if yes, where?
i want to coax the owner into selling it to me..
Old 18th February 2008, 21:03   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gendarmee View Post
there is this RD not being used at the moment...probably for the last 8 years has been stored well though all covered and protected inside a garage...question is, can we find the spares if it needs engine repair or bend pipes/silencers? if yes, where?
i want to coax the owner into selling it to me..
Everything is available man, you should know where to look. When i bought the RD, even i was paranoid. But in the end managed to get all the required spares.
Old 18th February 2008, 21:09   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Everything is available man, you should know where to look. When i bought the RD, even i was paranoid. But in the end managed to get all the required spares.
Hmm..but at 25K for the bike in as and where condition, i wanna be sure that i can fix it....condition is okay though, but cant say if it will start or not...now that i know its possible to find spares i'll try and ask him for it...
Old 19th February 2008, 08:22   #25
BANNED

Spitfire can i have a look at your bike if you dont mind?Do you have any plans for your RD if no then why not give her to someone who will make her the way it should be.
Also dont buy any bike without proper papers.
Gendarmee you cant predict the prices of RD's untill n unless you rebuilt them and realize whether its worth or not .Put some details of that RD along with pics may be ill help you.
Old 19th February 2008, 09:39   #26
BANNED

Like to see your Sunbeam mate.
Also does this Honda is having Gas tank or that is also missing?

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 19th February 2008 at 09:41.
Old 19th February 2008, 11:37   #27
BANNED

@Ajaybiz: Yes dude, the RD is back home because bangalore is not too safe for a RD. Had a bad incident were some folks tried pulling out the rear tailight assembly. Being nervous since then to leave her alone anywhere in Bangalore, so send it back home. And well i am keeping her have lost a lot of blood and tears on her already.

The Honda does have the gas tank and the side panel/cover sort of thing that covers the distributor. Thats with the old gentleman. I will post pics of those when i meet him this weekend.

Regarding the Sunbeam, its a lovely machine. Presently lying covered in our ancestral home. It was dumped in a cowshed for close to 25 years before i managed to find it below a huge pile of hay. Its a family thing owned by my grandfather and passed on to his elder son, my elder uncle. Had to coax him to give it to me which he did after about 10 years. There are some pics but not too clear. And have been rummaging through the attic to find the papers no luck yet.

Did vehicles bought before 1950 have papers?

This was bought by my granddad from a Parsi gentleman in Pune brand new.

A very surprising thing about the bike is other then some chromed bits(not many) having rusted the military green paint is still intact and only minor rust on the rims and this place is close to the sea shore.

I will try and get better pictures soon.
Old 19th February 2008, 12:13   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Spitfire glad to inform you that i think i have found out the model

It's a late 60's Honda CD125

WOWWWWW!!!! What a beauty!! I love her!! She's my wallpaper now.
Old 19th February 2008, 14:23   #29
BANNED

I am interested in that Honda, also why not hookup anyweekends if you dont mind will go together and see this bike.PM me i am at outer ring road.
Old 20th February 2008, 15:24   #30
BANNED

@Ajaybiz: Sure, will pm you my number, i am out of town for the next couple of weekends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks