Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2008, 23:17   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etrnlwanderer View Post
Thanks mate! I think my preference is slowly but surely shifting towards the Access. "Torquey" is the key word, should be fun to ride in the city if its got a little zip, dont you think?
And like you mentioned, if the Aviator is just a revamped Activa engine, why not buy the Activa itself! hehe
Depends on how ya like it! But yea, small and torquey are a good combination, i feel.
Its not exactly the same engine, apprntly its a more refined version. a few people using the Aviator have reported that the mileage is 5Kmpl more than activa's
Old 18th April 2008, 13:04   #32
BHPian

I am all set to book my Aviator Drum tomorrow and get it delivered only on 28 April as i will be out of town next week. Access is too long way (2 months waiting).

Aviator because - Man'ly bike, Honda Proven 100CC engine, Superb service backup, Torque remains similar to Access (i was racing with an Access on Blor roads, me driving friends Activa) and i came out to be winner. Aviators milege is around 48-52 as per my office collegue. Road presence is better than all its rivals as the bike feels hugh and uplifted.

Will keep you guys posted...
Old 30th June 2008, 17:30   #33
BHPian

My wife's bajaj saffire has had enough problems as the dealer from whom we bought refused to service due to lack of engineer who can handle. Unauthorized service people are also reluctant to service it and when they do, they screw it up more. A decent scooter with poor road clearance screwed up by Bajaj. Off late it is not even starting. We are going to keep it as mechanical toy.

My wife's wish to buy another scooter has won over my dilema of whether to buy another one or not. We have not been paying any interest in two wheelers for quite long. She wants to buy one immediately! If possible pick it up over the counter! One lesson we learnt from Saffire was "never to buy a model which does not sell". The reason is mainly the parts availability. We struggle on even simple parts like speedometer wire. So, this time, we wanted to rely on something that will have good A.S.S. I have not heard much of Suzuki since they split from TVS (may be my ignorance). We ruled out Bajaj krystal without much reason (hate from Saffire A.S.S). Now, either Kinetic or Honda. We know that Honda Activa is reliable and will have parts available long after production stops, because of the volumes it has already sold. But I somehow don't like the look. Aviator looked the right one, alloy wheels and front disc brake at 50K, a little expensive! Test drove it. It was perfect. My wife also felt much comfortable in handling. Kinetic Nova even looks okay to me, but flyte looks better option because of the front telescopic suspension. But flyte looks too light and flimsy. It looks as if the body is going to break down anytime, specially the foot board.

We were actually a little biased towards Honda because of the Activa's popularity and reliable engine. And as you would have guessed from the subject of the thread where I'm writing all these comments, my wife and I decided on the aviator without any arguments and hesitations. My wife wanted Red and I wanted Purple. None of them were available today. We were convinced to get the silver one. It didn't look bad! We are going to pick it up Wednesday morning, 2nd July from the R.V. Road Bangalore showroom.
Old 30th June 2008, 22:35   #34
BHPian

Wise decision Opendro. The scooter is really very good. Your wife will enjoy it.
Old 4th March 2009, 14:46   #35
BHPian

Hello everybody, I am planning to purchase a 2 wheeler for my wife. Vehicle will be used for office commutation around 7 Km daily and occasional shopping trip in pune city. Wife already driven and sold spirit and 2 scooties. So there is absolute NO from her for any bajaj, Kinetic & TVS product. Came down to Honda, Suzuki & Hero Honda. Test Driven Activa, Aviator, Access & Pleasure. Aviator (Drum brake) came out to be her choice.

Guys who own Aviator, can you share some information about ownership, maintenance, average and other issue of this bike. Any rattles from plastic body part???.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:56   #36
BHPian

Aviator Avg Check: 45.45 KMPL

Aviator is purchased and delevery taken on 9th march. Full tank after delevery, Driven around 150Km till now. Filled petrol yesterday again Avarage is around 45.45KM. That too in running in period Aviator is hardly driven faster, speed ranges from 25KM/HR to 35KM/HR.
Fuel filled is shell super petrol.
Old 19th March 2009, 13:59   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Aviator is purchased and delevery taken on 9th march. Full tank after delevery, Driven around 150Km till now. Filled petrol yesterday again Avarage is around 45.45KM. That too in running in period Aviator is hardly driven faster, speed ranges from 25KM/HR to 35KM/HR.
Fuel filled is shell super petrol.

Congrats. Have a great time with your Aviator.

Just verify if using Super petrol is ok with the Bike.
Your service advisor/ instruction manual should have this information.

Last edited by bblost : 19th March 2009 at 14:00.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:43   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
Just verify if using Super petrol is ok with the Bike.
Your service advisor/ instruction manual should have this information.
Thanks i will check it. But i have filled my brothers Unicorn with shell super petrol and driven around 300KM on it. It didnt make any issues.

But will check and confirm again. Thanks once again.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:58   #39
BHPian

I am somehow not attracted towards scooterettes
Old 14th September 2009, 15:56   #40
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Last few days its raining heavily in pune and some time Aviator seems to skid sideways from rear in low speeds. The tyres were MRF Zapper on both front and rear.

Its not much due to road surface because no oil is present and no other vehicle skids much on that road.

Any body else on the forum has experieced the same. Is this due to the Zapper Tyres or just coz of the smaller size rim in rear.

Thanks,
Shabbir

Last edited by shabahmad : 14th September 2009 at 15:58.

Most Viewed