Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th February 2008, 10:50   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitin View Post
@ Gowda: No offense meant,but I noticed a typical useage associated with a chunk of Bangaloreans. 'Still today'.. Brought back memories of school/college, when I'd try everything possible to correct my friends,and get them to say 'Till today', and not 'Still today'.
Hey Nitin, that was a mistake while typing in urgency which i came to know later and could not correct it.

Anyhow thanks for correcting and will check twice before posting in future ha ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Hi Guys,

BTW, my wife calls me Suzuki Samurai for obvious reasons, but I can't claim right to that name, can I?
She would be calling you like that b'cos you are a No Problem Husband like the No Problem Bike and keep upto those words .......

Last edited by gowda79 : 26th February 2008 at 10:52.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:29   #17
Senior - BHPian

my uncle still has this baby and its great guns to this day!, i distinctly remember this bike, as this was one of the first bikes i learnt riding on, it was this and this bike's big cousin the "Ind-Suzuki - AX100".

man they were the days i tell you we would sneak out the bike early in the mornings me and my elder bro, he just got his learners permit he just turned 18 and i was 15. i help him sneak the keys and get this bike out and we both would go for a ride all over our town and the villages in the whee early hours.

its just feels 15 again with all the memories floating right in front of my eyes. i sure do cherish all those memories of early morning breezes in the green paddy and sugarcane fields.

and this went on for a few days before my uncle found out, we had to put an end to this sneaking after that, my brother back then was a fan of dirt track racing too and with all the josh built up one day, he did a wheelie the bike ended in the paddy field along with him. well my brother was just fine not a single bruise but, was completely covered in mud, he tried to move the bike out but all in vain.

we waited till the sun came up and the near by farmers helped us pull out the bike and him and we had good scolding and bashing at home and our sneak out rides ended for good! and after getting the bike fixed, my uncle needed a new silencer though and some engine work.

i agree i was a little irresponsible back then sneaking out with out our parents knowledge and all, but what the hell this lead to, the sweetest memories i have of this bike to day!
Old 26th February 2008, 17:34   #18
Senior - BHPian

the bike did survive all that, and yet it still takes all the abuse the near by farmers put in on it, be it the over sized loads, be it very rough roads, and till date this bike has covered more than a 2lac and has been re bored only once never has even the clutch plates been replace. its still a sealed engine!

i think the key behind the life is the regular oil changes my uncle does at 3000 kms and uses good branded 2 stroke oil for this bike! man its indeed a no problem bike!
Old 26th February 2008, 17:40   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
She would be calling you like that b'cos you are a No Problem Husband like the No Problem Bike and keep upto those words .......
So it is not so obvious. I doubt she has heard about the bike. No, it is because I drive a Suzuki and my handle is Samurai.
Old 26th February 2008, 17:54   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
I too own a Suzuki Samurai, for almost 10 years now!

Indeed, a No Problem bike, I have covered 50K kms mainly within City driving, and so far didn't face any issues with this superb bike, just do a routine service every 4K kms.

Not using it much now since I have a Car and also a Activa bought for my better half.
The details in this post almost completely echoes my experience with the No-Problem bike. Yes sir, all the details here are similar - 10 years, 50k kms and even Activa for my "boss" :-)

The first bike I rode was the one I bought. One of the mechanics known to my dad had taken delivery of the bike and brought it home. It took me some time to get used to clutch/gear and the initial movement. God knows how many times I had stalled the bike in those days
Old 26th February 2008, 18:02   #21
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sree, nice to know about our similar experience!

Maybe, all Samurai fans in B'lore should have a drive meet on our Samurai!
Old 27th February 2008, 17:26   #22
Senior - BHPian

@Rider60 - Really speaking that Ind-Suzuki AX100 is one bike which i really speaking there is no word to speak about this vehicle.

I do not know how they built this vehicle, still today the owners are not willing to sell this vehicle..

The vehicle on any given day is a gold
Old 27th February 2008, 21:58   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@Rider60 - Really speaking that Ind-Suzuki AX100 is one bike which i really speaking there is no word to speak about this vehicle.

I do not know how they built this vehicle, still today the owners are not willing to sell this vehicle..

The vehicle on any given day is a gold
Thats a lot of 'speaking' ! And its still 'still today'.

The Ind-Suzuki was one amazing bike. Fond memories of sitting on the tank of my uncle's bike,while my brother sat behind my uncle during the late night rides he used to take us on.
Old 27th February 2008, 22:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The Ind-Suzuki was one amazing bike. Fond memories of sitting on the tank of my uncle's bike,while my brother sat behind my uncle during the late night rides he used to take us on.
The grammar corrector, the english teacher for me cheers:

it's like the way it keeps on going up
Old 27th February 2008, 22:35   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I loved the exhaust note of ind-suzuki. it was second mass produced jap bike (after hero honda), and first jap 2 stroke if i am right. Always dreamt of owning a red one when I grow up (I first saw it when i was in 5th std i think). by the time that happened the whole biking scene had changed.
Old 27th February 2008, 22:45   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
I loved the exhaust note of ind-suzuki. it was second mass produced jap bike (after hero honda), and first jap 2 stroke if i am right. Always dreamt of owning a red one when I grow up (I first saw it when i was in 5th std i think). by the time that happened the whole biking scene had changed.
I loved the red one too. Same story,I dreamt of owning one of these when I'd start working.
Old 27th February 2008, 22:46   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The grammar corrector, the english teacher for me cheers:

it's like the way it keeps on going up
parvagilla ri.. all of us are still in the process of learning.
cheers:
Old 16th June 2010, 17:03   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Eddy,

The Review i do not know what to mention but few of them are mentioned below
  • This bike i bought it on 1st July 1999 from Bangalore - Triton Motors - TVS Showroom
  • This was my first bike in my life (Shogun - My Brother's bike)
  • Still today it has run around nearly 70-80k kms inside Bangalore
  • Never gone out of Bangalore and driving inside Bangalore itself is as challenging drive as on highway.
  • The bike from the day 1 still today as become a part of my family.
  • Still today i have never strained my bike and max speed done on this is 95kmph.
  • Very good bike to manoeveur it in any kind of road or traffic jams which is regular in Bangalore roads.
This is all i can write and i hope i see better reviews from other Samurai owners.

Enjoy the drive.................
Gowdre, agree with you on most points.
The Suzuki Samurai is arguably the most trouble-free two-stroke bike sold in India - the original Ind-Suzuki AX100 probably beats it on a few counts.

I'm curious about the top speed you have quoted (in bold above). Have you done any modifications on your Samurai? As far as I know, a stock Samurai does not cross 85 kph.

And how could you forget, the Samurai has a brilliant headlamp!!
Old 2nd July 2015, 13:58   #29
BHPian

Re: TVS Suzuki Samurai - No Problem

I still have my 1995 Samurai. It used to be my dad's who now rides a bullet. I tried teaching my sister how to ride a motorcycle and i wanted her to start with this humble Suzuki. She was more interested in the Bullet. And she rides the bullet rather effortlessly (thanks to the electric starter).

Coming back to the No problem bike, I am riding close to 400 kilometers on a single say this coming Saturday. We'll see if the bike is still a no problem bike even after 20 years of age.

Cheers.
Old 2nd July 2015, 15:05   #30
BHPian

Re: TVS Suzuki Samurai - No Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
Hi Sree, nice to know about our similar experience!

Maybe, all Samurai fans in B'lore should have a drive meet on our Samurai!
I'm not from Banglore, but I'd love to be there. I have been trying to find a fans group based on Kochi. It Doesn't have to be Samurai specifically. Any Suzuki 2 stroke fans club will do. Do post updates should you guys meet.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks