Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:31   #76
Senior - BHPian

cafe racer -so any upgrade to the Engine?some porting etc done for faster speeds?
Old 23rd November 2008, 17:51   #77
Senior - BHPian

couple of pics from RE USA website:
(these are available in USA as kits)

the continental kit:
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-continental.jpg

the cafe racer kit:
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-caferacer.jpg
Old 23rd November 2008, 18:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

The Continental has an amazing tank. Like the bend pipes and brake dress, but can be installed only on drums. Both are in essence cafe racers.

Did a photoshoot today morning at Marine Drive. Await the pics of all three cafe racers.
Old 25th November 2008, 23:25   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuffRyder View Post
Hi: Go to Muneer Bhai in Thimaiah Road. He charges Rs. 2500 for a goldie repro. Also these were calibrated or designed for the 500 engine, so consult with someone who knows about it before fixing it.

Also you will see a "Flying Flea" cafe racer there, owned by one of my friends. A really amazing machine.

Cheers
Thanks a LOT TuffRyder. Got mine fixed by Muneer Bhai on Saturday the 22nd. Absolutely awesome, everyone loves it and I cant seem to get enough of it. I've cancelled the cab to work and back and ride the 20kms each way everyday.
The 'Goldie' (as per Muneer Bhai) rocks dude.
, and so do the both of you.
Old 25th November 2008, 23:28   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Yes, you read it right. The Cafe Racer project is complete and I'm now back onto Team-BHP.
Hey v12, why does the bike still sport the Machismo stickers?
Looking forward to a few pics with the new stickering soon.
Old 30th November 2008, 14:47   #81
BHPian

Hey V12 and Gordon. Got most of my parts together. How are your rear-sets coming along?
Old 6th December 2008, 10:25   #82
Senior - BHPian

My rearsets are done and are working well. We are working on Chetanya's Electra 4s rearsets. They are coming out well, but quite slow.

Anyways a small review on the K&N filter on the BS26 carb:
Installed the K&N filter (that was being used on the Electra 4s' VM carb) on the Machismo. Very low filtration, because of which the carb gets fairly dirty and starts to leak excessively. There is too much of misfire and the bike is not free. It struggles to pull in any gear at any speed. And ANOTHER issue the sound of the Goldie becomes as good as a stock silencer and is quite low.

The HP filter was much much better though. And to top it all, the large stock filter worked the best!

P.S. All I did was install the K&N filter directly. Didn't change any settings in the carb. That MAY have been the reason for its poor performance.
Old 8th December 2008, 19:57   #83
BHPian

Hey Gordon. Think the backfiring was due to the fact that the K&N is letting in more air. This is making your mixture lean and therefore the backfiring. You could try setting the airscrews to cut the air. Or even better, re-jetting to get more fuel (and more power . Here's a link on carb tuning.

Tuning stock Micarb carburetor

Also attaching the carb chapter from Kevin Cameron's book on bike tuning.

Carburetors - Kevin Cameron.pdf
Old 24th January 2009, 23:45   #84
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Some pics taken today :
Attached Thumbnails
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-j2009_1.jpg  

My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-j2009_2.jpg  

My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-j2009_3.jpg  

My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-j2009_4.jpg  

Old 25th January 2009, 07:15   #85
BHPian

v12

Sirjee that is SWEET !
I think my roomie will drool over this babe !

p.s Which tyre have you used on the front wheel ? can't recognise the tread pattern. Also why is the mirror on the left side only ? it either should have been both or on the right side ? I am curious.
Old 30th June 2009, 19:30   #86
Senior - BHPian

Well made two more cafe seats. Thought I'd show pictures of all.

Chrome:
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-chrome.jpg
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-chrome2.jpg

Red - DuPont Red:
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-re.jpg

White - 2nd grade DuPont Honda Civic White(integrated taillight):
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-whie.jpg

Dark Grey - DuPont Honda City Grey (latest):
Sorry for the small pic. Only the taillight remains. After that I'll post the complete snaps.
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-grey.jpg

Black (latest):
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-blackseatcowl.jpg

My Machismo's rear frame and mudguard have gone for painting. So I just kept the seat on the bike to see how it looks. Matches quite well.
Name:  enfield.jpg
Views: 12708
Size:  172.5 KB

Last edited by Gordon : 30th June 2009 at 19:35.
Old 9th October 2009, 16:23   #87
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Absolutely stunning built.
Would you be kind enough to show the close up view of the gear and brake lever moved backwards and how it was done.

TIA
Chanderjeet
Old 8th May 2010, 18:46   #88
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Time to go Stock

The good
Its been around 2.5 years since the completion of our Cafe Racer. The experience of the Cafe Racer has been wonderful and there was never a day when we regretted modifying it. The Cafe received a lot of looks - wierd as well as happy - as well as Thumbs Up - from youngsters to old people. The most frequently asked questions asked at signals would be - "What would you do if you met a friend on the way?". Pat would come the reply - "I would wave out a Hi and ride along". I remember Fireblader walking up to me once at a signal and asking jokingly "Can you give me a lift please". I felt sooo helpless then.

The view of the bike when seen at he signal. Do I see 4 helmets? lol.. No. The other 2 are seat cowls.
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-traffic.jpg

The Bad
The bike with the cafe-seat was a strict single seater with no place behind for anyone to sit. The Goldstar seat could seat 2 but the pillios foot would always touch the riders, thus making it uncomfortable in traffic. Also, having rear sets meant that you would have to fold the footpegs to kick-start the bike ( like the CBZ). Taking the brake levers behind also had reduced the braking efficiency. The cafe-handlebar was also such that on full lock, it would touch the tank. And that increased the turning radius of the bike to a extent. Maneouvering in traffic also was a problem because of not being able to turn the handle fully.

The Lonavala ride in 2009 which made us realise that lowering the mudguard was a bad idea. Also notice how close the pillion and riders feet are.
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-seat.jpg

Maneuvering in traffic also a pain as you can see the 2 Cafe's trying to get next to the Gallardo.
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-maneuver.jpg

The ugly
The Duro 100/90-19 did make the front a bit heavier. And the lowered mudguard ensured that the frame could eat into the tyre sidewall, thus having a deep cut around.

You may be wondering why I am posting all this now. Well we have enjoyed the Bullet in its Cafe-Racer mode. And now its high time we switch it back to enjoy it in stock-mode. The handlebar and the footpegs have been changed to stock. I rode the bike to work yesterday and the ride was so comfortable - that I have decided not to mod it back to a Cafe Racer ever (or probably for a pretty long time). The Goldstar seat has to be re-foamed to make it a bit higer and more comfortable. Other things would include changing to OE tyres. The reason being that the 100/90-19 is a bit heavy for the front - and the rear tyre has developed a cut along the tyrewall due to the mudguard support touching it when it was used as a 2-seater.

I have a question regarding the tyres. The front Duro 100/90-19 is essentially a rear tyre which was fitted to the front. I was wondering if I can fit that at the back without modifying the swingarm or cutting the chain cover. What would you suggest for the front tyre?

Pics of the bike in the stock mode will be posted soon.

Last edited by v12 : 8th May 2010 at 20:15.
Old 9th May 2010, 22:32   #89
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Ok, here are the pics of the stock bike now.
Attached Thumbnails
My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-m1.jpg  

My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-m2.jpg  

My Enfield Cafe Racer!! Project Complete and I'm back. (Back to stock - Pg 6)-m3.jpg  

v12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2010, 15:51   #90
BHPian

Wow really you guys must have had a wonderful and rich experience. I had read your posts on converting it into a cafe racer and now seeing it back is equally exciting. Good job and happy riding. Wish you more adventures!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks