Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 07:05   #31
BANNED

Sorry for offtopic.
120 in Passion?How bike is pulling and whats the top speed and milage?
BTW my CBZ is having 4x18 which i feels overkill and changing it to 3.75x18 even my RD runs on 3.5x18 size which is way powerful compared to any other indian bikes.
Stick to stock or these fat tyres will kill your bike.
Old 1st March 2008, 08:55   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
I would like to know the max tyre size for the Avenger 200 as I had asked in one of my earlier posts .... is it possible to install a 140/90 15 inch for the rear (in lieu of 130/90 15 inch) and a 100/90 17 inch for the front (in lieu of 90/90 17 inch) ???
Yes it's possible to fit 140 at the back. Jkdas has done it in his Avenger.
If you fit 100/90 tyre at the front the mudguard might rub against it as the clearance is a bit low.

When you upsize try to go for lower profile (ie., lesser than 90) at the back and the front if its available. It will look better and would be better in handling also.
Old 1st March 2008, 19:57   #33
BHPian

Hey thanks Sankar. So maybe a 140/80 for the rear and 100/80 for the front would be ok for the Avenger 200 ? Does the user Jkdas have an Avenger 200 or the older Avenger 180 ?
Old 2nd March 2008, 17:54   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Sorry for offtopic.
120 in Passion?How bike is pulling and whats the top speed and milage?
BTW my CBZ is having 4x18 which i feels overkill and changing it to 3.75x18 even my RD runs on 3.5x18 size which is way powerful compared to any other indian bikes.
Stick to stock or these fat tyres will kill your bike.
I don't feel any drastic drop in pulling or top speed. Guess the mileage is 40+. I haven't checked this for a long time.
Old 5th March 2008, 00:11   #35
BHPian

All, sharing my experiences.. last year I too was in the same dilemma.. primarily choice between P220 / Karizma / P200..
First to go off my list was P220.. does not look like a premium bike, though it has an exceptional performance and the most modern package of the 3... Also, Bajaj withdrew the P220 for 1-2 months during that time..
So the options narrowed down to Karizma / P200.. Karizma is a proven bike but it looks a bit dated and the fixed front faring though sporty is not practical if you drive around at night.. Also HH dealers are high headed.. For Karizma they behave as if they are doing a favour by selling the bike to you..
On the other hand Probiking folks were really good, test facility was top class.. also the features I got on P200 were lot more than on Karizma for almost 10K less..
In the end I settled for P200 and this week I celebrate her 1st B'day..
It has been an excellent bike and feels worth every moment of having her...
The only issue that I would point out is that the rear brakes not being disc feel inadequate. Apart from that it has been a top performer for me

I did not want a low height bike so did not go for avenger.. if you like the seating then that too is a very good package...
Old 5th March 2008, 08:36   #36
BHPian

What company gives the best after sales support in Chennai?
Choose which gives you best.
Both Karizma and P220 are very good bikes and it's hard to go wrong with either.

I still love my Karizma and havent shifted over to P220 because ZMA proves cheapest to run end of the day. This is when you factor in your biggest enemy i.e. Depreciation.

Plus I can hardly take tension about the engine everyday. With the ZMA, I can keep the bike on WOT without any tensions because it is a very relaxed engine, end of the day.

So all said and done, consider two factors.

1) After Sales Support (unless you can do your own wrenching)
2) Urban use or Touring. For Urban, P220 shines. Great handling and braking.
For Urban + Touring though, nothing beats Karizma. Period.
Old 6th March 2008, 02:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Hi everyone,

It's been ages since I posted anything on Team BHP after my intro (for which quite a few appreciation messages were received) in Oct 2006. I did contribute to some threads in Nov/Dec 2006 though. Got busy with my job after that...

Warm regards,
Venkat

karizma all the way its value for money

Last edited by Rehaan : 6th March 2008 at 04:00. Reason: Please dont quote the entire large post for a one line answer. Thanks.
Old 7th March 2008, 01:30   #38
BHPian

You must seriously look at the 220.Its way more stable at speeds.The vibrations are far more less when compared to zma.Atleast this is what I felt
Old 7th March 2008, 08:01   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veelubai View Post
You must seriously look at the 220.Its way more stable at speeds.The vibrations are far more less when compared to zma.Atleast this is what I felt
Vibrations are less in Zma than P220. Zma's engine is relaxed and refinement is way ahead than P220. Stability at high speeds, both Zma and P220 are almost equal. Zma is more reliable than P220.
Old 7th March 2008, 09:21   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi@64bhp View Post
Vibrations are less in Zma than P220. Zma's engine is relaxed and refinement is way ahead than P220. Stability at high speeds, both Zma and P220 are almost equal. Zma is more reliable than P220.
you see the karizma is like 17bhp which is putout by a 223cc engine.

now the same 223cc is used to put out more than 20bhp! so the engine is way too stressed, and might not live as long as a karizma.

this is where the beauty of honda kicks in, the engines are long lived because they only derive the optimum and not more amount of power from the engines, which speaks for itself. they achieve the quality and the refinements with this type of design of the engine.

this should give you a good reason to buy the karizma, unless you want to own the pulsar for a short 1-2years and sell it off.
Old 9th March 2008, 20:03   #41
v&v
Senior - BHPian

i own a 220. the riding position you mentioned can be adjusted by your seating position. by if you dont want to spend 90k , then 200 is a better option.
Old 9th March 2008, 22:23   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post
you see the karizma is like 17bhp which is putout by a 223cc engine.

now the same 223cc is used to put out more than 20bhp! so the engine is way too stressed, and might not live as long as a karizma.
The P220 engine makes just 90 bhp per litre, how can you say that it is stressed??!!
Old 10th March 2008, 17:13   #43
BHPian

I think the best bet right now would be to go a P220. I own one and have been in love with the bike performance. Also it is a magnet as far as people are concerned.

Riding position is very easily adaptable and maintenance is low compared to ZMA. Pulsar 220 is the way to go. Also Yamaha R15 could be another bike to look into. It is technically even more advanced than P220. Hope this helps.
Old 15th March 2008, 14:49   #44

IMHO, it's not as if you see Pulsar's shaking themselves to pieces in 2-3 years as many here are commenting!

My bro has been riding a P150 (albeit at a sedate pace) for 5 years now (yep, its the round headlamp version) and the bike still rides tough.

After selling off my old '97 splendor (niggling service issues),I got myself a P150 DTS-i in Mar 05. Damn fun to ride (and I do really wring the throttle whenever I can!) and no bits falling apart as yet.

While HH bikes are in general more reliable, the difference is not as stark as is made out to be.
Also its not like more BHP from less CC means a more stressed/ less reliable engine.
(In which case a 150cc scooter pumping out 6 bhp would really be one of the most unstressed engines)

Comparing the Ps, Zs to the A200 is really not a good idea.
If you want a sporty bike with sharp handling & flickability go for the Ps or the Z.
If you want a cruiser which really is more about long distance commuting & relaxed riding (comfortable) the Avenger shall suit you more.

Regarding the toe shifter issue, I use only the toe shifter on my P150 with my formal shoes as well. (the trick is to use the edge of the sole of the shoe to upshift so it doesnt spoil the leather. Been doing it for years now and my Lee Coopers bear the shifts quite well- Just takes a little practice).

Regarding comfort- my personal experience is, while sporty stances (On Pulsars, Karizmas etc) look cool for a short while, its really bad for your lower back especially if you do not exercise regularly. So if you want a relaxed & comfortable ride, you should really consider the Avenger.

Just my 2 cents here.
Old 16th March 2008, 13:55   #45
BHPian

Avy 200 decided - more inputs reqd !!!

Hey everyone,

Thanks for all your inputs. I have more or less decided to go for the Avenger 200. Probably it would be a red one. Just yesterday I met a person who has recently purchased the Avy 200 (black). I spent a good 45 mins with him discussing the bike, what needs to be checked when selecting your bike for registration etc. Plus, he offered me a test ride of the bike and I did a nice round in Anna Nagar (Chennai) for about 10-15 mins and came back.

I am very very impressed with the bike. The engine is so smooth and refined, and very responsive compared to my 2001 CBZ. The pick-up was very good too, as I tried some quick spurts in 2nd and 3rd gears just to check it out. Seating and ride were lovely, to say the least. I feel this would be a great bike and a very comfy & relaxed one to ride and own, leave alone thinking about it and feeling great about it !!

The horn was lousy and definitely requires a far better unit, like the one which comes as standard fitment on the Pulsar 200 / 220. The things I definitely plan to do are:

(1) replace the horn with a Pulsar 200/220 unit
(2) go for a 140/90 and 100/80 tubeless tyres for the rear and front respectively (have to search for tubeless ones though - people, please give me your thoughts on the tubeless tyres of these sizes)
(3) maybe replace the rear shocks with gas charged ones for better pillion ride comfort

Also people, I badly want to get a tachometer installed in the bike as I am too used to having it, both in cars and my CBZ. The single pod with just the speedometer looks so plain. Please give me your thoughts on how and where to go about getting this done along with an approximate cost.

Any other ideas / thoughts / opinions on the Avenger 200 are welcome of course, as always.

Will look forward to hearing from you all.

Warm regards,
Venkat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks