Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2008, 11:07   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ohh am missing my SHogun:( and regretting of selling that machine...

About the power, i any day can vouch for SHogun. had a RX100 too but never enjoyed it ....

But i don't think you get original spares these days...
Old 19th July 2008, 15:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinar View Post
only flaw with suzuki was they could not keep up with the changing market and launch the shogun Shadow as they promised with factory fitted disc and 18Bhp engine....I miss that bike...if you can get your hands on one do not miss the chance, you won't regret it.
"It's so fast it's seldom seen on roads"
dude, when was shogun shadow launched??? It never did. Only the shaolin came out & shadow was expected but eventually never came. If it did, it would have been in the ranks of RD & I surely would have owned it.
Old 11th August 2008, 05:24   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneroller View Post
dude, when was shogun shadow launched??? It never did. Only the shaolin came out & shadow was expected but eventually never came. If it did, it would have been in the ranks of RD & I surely would have owned it.
Shadow never made it to the production line,TVS did sell a handful pieces down south,and there are a few of them doing rounds on the roads.
Old 11th August 2008, 10:41   #19
Senior - BHPian

shogun shadow was never launched they displayed it at auto expo, and had them on display at some of the company owned showrooms[had seen it personally], Had heard about a preproduction run, don't know for sure. It was supose to have disc brake and alloy wheels, but than came the emission norms and the shadow....remaind a shadow..same time around TVS was evaluating for launch of a 350 twin two stroke also, but that too did not make it.
Old 11th August 2008, 10:56   #20
BHPian

Hey guys,

i still have my good old shogun. have not been using it much recently. it's the first gen shogun (4 gears). silver cover, all stock. 95 model.

-neel
Old 11th August 2008, 17:11   #21
Senior - BHPian

akshay's bike is really awesome..
its as good as new!!

Last edited by chiragh_bir : 11th August 2008 at 17:13.
Old 11th August 2008, 22:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel View Post
Hey guys,

i still have my good old shogun. have not been using it much recently. it's the first gen shogun (4 gears). silver cover, all stock. 95 model.

-neel
Shogun never had 5 gears at least on the production version, the shadow I talked about never went into production.
the 95 model, hope it's the one with tacho, the first generation shoguns came with the samurai dash boards, only speedo.[pre 95 and early 95]The bikes till 2000 were the good once, they had the Japanese carbs, later they had Indian carb on the bike with catalytic converters.
Hold on to it buddy.

Last edited by dinar : 11th August 2008 at 22:39.
Old 11th August 2008, 22:38   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay4587 View Post
Shadow never made it to the production line,TVS did sell a handful pieces down south,and there are a few of them doing rounds on the roads.
Hope your bike does not have starting problems, is it the one with catalytic converter? these models had starting problems. the jetting was not good, also the internals of the carb where, all Indian.
Old 11th August 2008, 23:55   #24
BHPian

i have a 96 model shogun which i have been driving off late, now i am willing to sell it cos i have bought r15 and i dont want it to be lying in my home and just get rusted . it has given me some good memories and beautiful time.btw it is in an average condition.
Old 12th August 2008, 05:45   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hope your bike does not have starting problems, is it the one with catalytic converter? these models had starting problems. the jetting was not good, also the internals of the carb where, all Indian.
My bike is running a Yamaha RX 135 4 speed carb
Old 12th August 2008, 11:44   #26
Senior - BHPian

Ah so it will be good, why did you change it? There is a simple reason the catcon bikes problems, one was the jets, and other was the cat.. even after have a restrictive cat in the silencer, TVS claimed 14BHP, which was not the case.and that was the main culprit for the bike problem.
Old 12th August 2008, 12:39   #27

Hey Guys...great to see so many shogun lovers.I still remember the first time I saw this bike on TV and just loved it,finally I bought it in Dec 97 in my college days and yes still have it. Cheers!!!
Old 13th August 2008, 04:11   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ah so it will be good, why did you change it? There is a simple reason the catcon bikes problems, one was the jets, and other was the cat.. even after have a restrictive cat in the silencer, TVS claimed 14BHP, which was not the case.and that was the main culprit for the bike problem.
Main reason was better flow of fuel,Shogun's carb is a Vm20 and this is a Vm22,with a 165 main jet.
The bike has slightly better low end torque,and starts on first kick even if kept idle for like 20 days
Old 13th August 2008, 09:12   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxj2005 View Post
I dont quite aggree with your point.I had both the bikes to compare and I would say Shogun was always more dependable than the Rx.

Rx was no match for Shogun.

Yep the 135 is the last man standing ....since the guy on shogun would have already reached home..

hehe good one, agree with you
Old 18th August 2008, 11:31   #30
BHPian

All you guys who still have their Shoguns and riding them are really lucky.... i had bought mine way back in the year 94 or 95, drove around for 3 years and then one night some ****** stole it and i could never lay my hands on it. I think that Shogun was the First Indian Bike to have the Sprint Gear Technology and it was only after Shogun that CBZ launched the Sprint Gear Technology. Correct me if i'm wrong...

Most Viewed