Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2008, 19:20   #1
BHPian

Suzuki Shogun: The Boss (Wanted)

I am very eager to buy a Suzuki Shogun, obviously a second-hand one. A single owner, decently good condition and with no alterations.

I tried my luck with some of my Kerala mates... but none where able to help me - basically Keralites, 'coz I have heard and seen a lot of them being a 2S bike enthusiasts.

I'm currently in Chennai and would need this crowds help to Id my new (old) bike
Old 11th March 2008, 21:18   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvsben View Post
I am very eager to buy a Suzuki Shogun, obviously a second-hand one. A single owner, decently good condition and with no alterations.

I tried my luck with some of my Kerala mates... but none where able to help me - basically Keralites, 'coz I have heard and seen a lot of them being a 2S bike enthusiasts.

I'm currently in Chennai and would need this crowds help to Id my new (old) bike

dude its not only hard its almost imposible to find a shogun

i wanted a shogun too but had to settle for a sholin instead since i couldnt get one in a good condition.....

i wonder where all the bike have gone....
Old 11th March 2008, 21:30   #3
BHPian

Why A Shogan???

Shogun....???
Positive points
* Good Pickup
* Wonderfull Firing Sound (I love It)

* 14bhp 2stroke

Even consider the negative points
Negative points (If U Drive harsh)
* Engine is highly non durable....Clutch Plates die off soon....
* If Block Piston Dies....The Worst Part is the new block Piston is unavailable...I have tried searching Pune and Mumbai for it...Check out whether u find spares first then only buy the bike...
* Even Gear Box Issues If driven Harshly
* Mileage 20-25 not an issue....
* Driveability at Turnings is poor compared to RX135.(even rx parts are easily available)

No Offence here.................Anyways I Highly Recomend that Check out the spares cos of lack of spares my friends Shogun is laying Still Dead.......

Bike is Different and beyond compare If U still love It Go for it....

But Compairing A Fully Modded Shogun (porting,expansion and all stuff) with an Rx-135 5Speed Fully Modded (porting,expansion and all stuff).....The 135 is the last man standing
Old 11th March 2008, 21:55   #4
BHPian

Shogun my very first bike.I still love that bike.You will get shogun in kerala but cannot gurantee you it will be in a good condition.Even if you get one it is difficult to maintain.
Old 11th March 2008, 23:14   #5
BHPian

Shogun is my first bike, which i brought 14 years back when i was in my graduation. Thanks to its low mileage (16 - 22KMPL) i have done only 30K kilometers in 4 years of my engg.

After that it was left at home while i was exploring india and the world on my job assignments. 3 years back after coming back to india, all i needed to do was, just change the tyres, a clean wash and good service and it is back to life as before.

My bike has completed its 50k kms recently. I was approached many times by young men if i would be intrested in selling it (I always tell them i will never sell it)

I loved every minute of driving it, and it brings back the memories from my college days.

I find that modern day bikes are more powerful, efficient & comfortable than a Shogun.

I would highly recommend it if you are making a decision with your heart.

Good luck in your search.
Old 24th March 2008, 23:36   #6
BHPian

I am a Keralite and once proud owner of a Shogun.Shoguns are still available here at Alappuzha but most of them are in pitiable condition.Spares are available anyhow.If you want perfomance personified ,go for the Shogun.And its exhaust note ! None of the damned 4 strokes can make such 'sound of music'.During my 4 years of Shogun life,never the engine or gearbox developed any problem.The bike was also giving 40 kms mileage.But beware,if you brake hard even at 60kms/hr most probably you will emerge in the other world.
Old 25th March 2008, 09:16   #7
Senior - BHPian

You still can find the new block & piston. My rx mechanic in blorec used to buy Shogun spares from Hosur.

Shogun was my dream bike while i was in high school.
Old 25th March 2008, 12:52   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvsben View Post

Whats your budget, and are you ready to buy outstation reg bikes (i guess you are). Let me know or PM me, i might know of one bike.

95 model, single owner. Clean bike if you are really interested and have the budget ill confirm.
Old 11th July 2008, 19:01   #9
BHPian

But Compairing A Fully Modded Shogun (porting,expansion and all stuff) with an Rx-135 5Speed Fully Modded (porting,expansion and all stuff).....The 135 is the last man standing[/quote]
THATS VERY WELL SAID CHAITANYA AND ITS TRUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvechaitanya View Post
Shogun....???
Positive points
* Good Pickup
* Wonderfull Firing Sound (I love It)

* 14bhp 2stroke

Even consider the negative points
Negative points (If U Drive harsh)
* Engine is highly non durable....Clutch Plates die off soon....
* If Block Piston Dies....The Worst Part is the new block Piston is unavailable...I have tried searching Pune and Mumbai for it...Check out whether u find spares first then only buy the bike...
* Even Gear Box Issues If driven Harshly
* Mileage 20-25 not an issue....
* Driveability at Turnings is poor compared to RX135.(even rx parts are easily available)

No Offence here.................Anyways I Highly Recomend that Check out the spares cos of lack of spares my friends Shogun is laying Still Dead.......

Bike is Different and beyond compare If U still love It Go for it....

But Compairing A Fully Modded Shogun (porting,expansion and all stuff) with an Rx-135 5Speed Fully Modded (porting,expansion and all stuff).....The 135 is the last man standing
Old 11th July 2008, 21:05   #10
Senior - BHPian

Shogun was my frist bike, it's a good bike if you can get good piece, I mean the first lote bikes, than for emission issue it was launched with a cat, those bike where horrible, they had Indian carbs on them and starting issues... getting parts was issue when it was in production..so now it will be close to impossible, but some dealers still have parts as very few bikes were sold and they had to stock the parts.
Have heard from friend that in Kerela these bikes are available for as low as 5 grand [working condition] not in great shape thou.
TVS still race these so they may be having parts and influential dealers may be able to get their hands on these.
Old 13th July 2008, 14:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

Shogun is an excellent machine i have a 2000 model completely rebuilt recently,with new plastics,new paint,new cylinder block and standard size piston,new crank clutch plates and works along with a pulsar disc brake upfont.

I am planning to sell it off since bike has done like 900kms after rebuild and is still running in and off late it has been lying idle so i am planning to part with it. the only issue is here up north as these bikes are treated as good as nothing.
Old 15th July 2008, 15:56   #12
BHPian

Off topic

slightly off topic, Anybody having Shogun advertisement video if so kindly post it here, i tried my level best in searching but the result is negative. It will be great if someone post it. thanks in advance
Old 16th July 2008, 01:40   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by malvechaitanya View Post
Shogun....???

I dont quite aggree with your point.I had both the bikes to compare and I would say Shogun was always more dependable than the Rx.

Rx was no match for Shogun.

Yep the 135 is the last man standing ....since the guy on shogun would have already reached home..
Old 19th July 2008, 00:02   #14
Senior - BHPian

I agree with maxj2005, a shogun was always faster than the Yam...it was launched to compete with the Rx100, as TVS SUZUKI could not match their sales with the AX100, than the AX100 SUPRA, was launched it had 11 bhp like the Yam, it was tuned for top end [top speed] figures, so the 0-60 still belonged to RX100,Than SUZUKI sent down the AX10 engine from japan, know here as the BOSS....Shogun[japanise for boss]..it was always a race engine in with 110 cc ,so the shogun essentially is a race bike...only flaw with suzuki was they could not keep up with the changing market and launch the shogun Shadow as they promised with factory fitted disc and 18Bhp engine....I miss that bike...if you can get your hands on one do not miss the chance, you won't regret it.
"It's so fast it's seldom seen on roads"
Old 19th July 2008, 01:52   #15
BHPian

My third bike was a shogun and used it for 1.5 years on which I started long rides. It is a wonderfully refined bike in its peak power region with the most sexy exhaust note.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks