Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2008, 15:48   #1
Senior - BHPian

Best Motorcycle Advertisements In India

As the motorcycle market in India matures ( relatively speaking that is ), the quality of advertisements for motorcycles is definetly improving..

While historically BAJAJ has had an excellent list of ads right from their "HAMARA BAJAJ " campaign, many other manufacturers are also trying to improve their advertisements beyond the "mileage" and "price" factor..

while starting poll might be cumbersome in terms of listing down all the ads..
i have just put down some of the ads that come across my mind and why i liked/hated them starting with the most recent ones..

1) NEW BAJAJ PULSAR AD - *****
amazing concept - probably motorcycle ads can't get better than this in the Indian scenario where there is absolutely no mention of tech specs, price , mileage - purely brand building and kind of a "halo" creation around the Pulsar name

2) BAJAJ XCEED AD - ***
takes a dig at the 100cc segment and creates a kind of " post purchase disssonance " among the people who spent money on 100cc bikes. in fact even the XCEED teaser ad was really innovative.

3) FIRST BAJAJ PULSAR AD - ****
this was the one where the PULSAR was unveiled - with the nurse sayng " its a boy" - using the "masculinity" theme to good use..another ad in recent months that used this theme was the "SX4 - MEN ARE BACK " ad

4) HERO HONDA KARIZMA -
some of the worst ads were the ones for this bike. the original ad was no good largely focussing on HRITHIK ROSHAN (who has nothing to do with bikes ) and then they followed it up with the one where some PUNKS sling mud on the KARIZMA and all it did was to come back with newer graphics and put some mud on the PUNKS face.. net net - it did nothing to help sales nor did anyone like looking at the ads also.. money spent on HRITHIK could have done some difference to the company's bottomline.

5) HERO HONDA CD100/SLEEK - fill it , shut it campaign
probably the only good campaign from HERO HONDA and it hit the market's requirement spot on in terms of mileage. did wonders to HERO HONDAs sales and the rest , as they say, is history. this was followd by some lousy ads for the SPLENDOR, PASSION etc etc...

6) BULLET Ads - recall just one of the ads where a train stops at a junction for the BULLET - definetly over done!!

7) TVS SAMURAI - ****
this was one of the best ads of those times - with a JAPANESE tourist who gets lost from his group and then hops on to a SAMURAI to be finally united with the group.
8) TVS SHOGUN - ***
a very classy ad where a RED SHOGUN is shown in a white background. actually a lot has been talked about BAJAJ's introduction of the "black engine and wheels " trend BUT ACTUALLY this was started way back then by the TVS SUZUKI SHOGUN - man ! that was one crazy bike..

i dont quite remember the RS100/RD350 ads though.. maybe senior members would recall the kind of advertising that happened for these beauties as well as the YEZDIs/ JAWAs...

lets share thoughts on some of these ads that caught the public's imagination ( if not help the company in selling more bikes.. )
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:15   #2
BHPian

all the pulsar commercials were good......especially the part where the dtsi came out and they had shown the old 180 as the fastest bike in the country and then as that is mentioned the new dtsi just rushes part and does a stoppy....
but i still think that the new one takes the cake......futuristic.....the timing and the camera work.
Old 23rd March 2008, 16:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

this might be a little OT but still worth the mention i feel, the HAMARA bajaj add was the best one i would say so far atleast, the new 200's stunts ad and the apache's will inspire the youngsters to do all the wheelies and stuff which could be dangerous i feel so would not support them much.

second is the samurai's ad for me was nice a jap guy bowing and saying samurai the no problem bike was nice too.

i kind of liked the pulsar ad that came in just after the definitely male, i meant the classic pulsar's ad, where the guy picks a girl from the bus stop, then drops her picks some one i guess, this ad was to high light the FE aspect of the pulsar was quite natural and nice!
Old 23rd March 2008, 18:04   #4
BHPian

the best ever is the royal enfield ad with that mother and son umbilical cord thing. amazing!!! 5 star in my opinion.
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:02   #5
Senior - BHPian

I liked the latest pulsar mania advt.Then the pleasure advt is also good and both these target the targeted buyers.
ram
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:07   #6
Senior - BHPian

Hamara Bajaj. From the 80s, to the last one. And the Avenger 'I feel like God' one.

The HH Desh Ki Dhadkan one was pretty good too. As was the CBZ one with Dino Morea and Bipasha Basu.
Old 23rd March 2008, 19:41   #7
Senior - BHPian

The CBZ one with Lara Dutta was a fantastic ad with a very catchy tune. Can't remember who the two guys or the other girl were in that one!

Just saw the new Pulsar family ad yesterday & must say it's very nicely don.
Old 23rd March 2008, 20:27   #8
BHPian

How can everyone forget the "feel like god" avenger ad????
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:05   #9
BHPian

Pulsar - Latest Ads
Shogun - The Boss Ad
Avenger - Feel like God
BULLET The ad where a train stops at a junction for the BULLET
Luna - Chal mere luna (anyone remember this ?)

-Harshavardhan
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

The latest Pulsar Mania ad is an offshoot from the Apache ad, meant to kill any memory of of the Apache. Also the Pulsar Mania ad is what triggered this thread.

Its certainly one of the best bike ads which will push Pulsar sales further.
Sadly what it will also push, is more kids visiting the orthopedist.

But the best Branding ad has to be the . An awsome remake of the original -

Come to think of it most of the best bike ads are from Bajaj. Looks like Bajaj makes decent bikes and deals with the best Agencies as well.
Old 23rd March 2008, 21:47   #11
Senior - BHPian

I still remember the ad for Ind Suzuki AX100 when it was launched in the early 80s. The punch line was: "Sensational Suzuki. Experience it."

Was a great one at that time.
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

The common thing between Bajaj and TVS is the guy who heads (or used to head) the marketing department: R. L. Ravichandran worked for TVS during the making of the Shogun, Samurai ads, and for Bajaj during the Pulsar, Hoodibaba ads. I think he *might* have had something to do with the theme and quality of the ads.
Old 23rd March 2008, 22:14   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ananthkamath View Post
The common thing between Bajaj and TVS is the guy who heads (or used to head) the marketing department: R. L. Ravichandran worked for TVS during the making of the Shogun, Samurai ads, and for Bajaj during the Pulsar, Hoodibaba ads. I think he *might* have had something to do with the theme and quality of the ads.
i think he is with ROYAL ENFIELD now..
hope they will turn out some good ads and more reliable bikes !!

this PULSAR mania ad is definetly good but it could turn out to be a case of too much exposure - its on EVERY CHANNEL almost EVERY hour ..

but its definetly going to take the BAJAJ brand to great heights and i think the ad is made for many export markets also...
Old 24th March 2008, 01:01   #14
Senior - BHPian

Best motorcycle ad yet: BAJAJ AVENGER: Feel Like God!
Here it is:

At number two, it is the Hero Honda Ambition ad for me. Remember the "I'll do it my way" ad?
Old 24th March 2008, 02:15   #15
BHPian

This is linked to the Pulsar Mania ad. Just thought id share it with everyone.

AC Farias, the No.2 Biker in the world who did the Pulsar Mania Ad Stunts.
Just check him out in action at the 2007 World Tournament -

He even does the main stunt of the Pulsar Ad at 1.37 mins.
The one where the bike is going round and he is standing and leaves BOTH hands.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks