Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2005, 10:41   #61
BHPian

there is a grunting sound as u accelerate the bike.. The midrange is like very smooth and quick now..i dint test the top speed yet.. i reached up to 110 with the stock filter that took a long time to reach there , now i easily reached till 105,i dint go after that. i think the engine is heating up a lil more than before.
Old 15th February 2005, 10:49   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kphilip
i think the engine is heating up a lil more than before.

how did u know that.
Old 15th February 2005, 11:06   #63
Senior - BHPian

Hi kphilip, can u tell what all changes/ mods did ur mech do when u got the filter fixed ?? i mean change in car setting, any jet size chnages etc ect.. anything that was done..
Old 15th February 2005, 11:17   #64
BHPian

Techno, u were surprised at increase in FE after putting on K&N.... Now thats strange... I thought it was 1 of the features of K&N....
My cousin in B'lore put it on his 180 dtsi and he said his bikes FE has increased.....
do u know people whose FE has gone down afetr putting on K&N??!! Just wanted to know why u felt that FE would reduce!!

_Cheers_
Old 15th February 2005, 11:19   #65
BHPian

this are the changes he made to the bike
he increased the jet size,made the fuel mixture rich.. Thats all..

satya, the engine heating up i could feel the heat even for a short ride.. thats y i told, this is not sure ok...
Old 15th February 2005, 11:36   #66
Senior - BHPian

@Vinsanity: Pray pls tell me how can u increase mileage by making the fuel air/mixture rich & if u are getting better mileage then ur mixture isn't rich & if the mixture aint rich then it wont reap u the benefits

@Kphilip: hi, pls go thru this enitre thread... u'll know what is the expected behaviour after putting the K&N.

Last edited by Technocrat : 15th February 2005 at 11:44.
Old 15th February 2005, 12:01   #67
BHPian

techno, the mileage factor i've tried only once after installing it.. Normally i use to get only 40-43 on stock filter.. Now it has tremendously increased to 48..Dont know whether its because of the fuel or the airfilter..Techno, i think more intake of air means more combustion of fuel,so almost the whole part of the fuel is converted to energy, that may be one factor for the increase of mileage and power.
Old 15th February 2005, 12:02   #68
BHPian

tried out the mileage on long run ok...
Old 15th February 2005, 12:46   #69
Senior - BHPian

@kphilp: hi, consider the folowing scenarios

1) Stock setting air filter

Results: optimum burning, but less air flow at high speeds so fuel waste's ( generally speaking not technically

2) U increase the air flow & keep the jetting stock

Results: lean burning engine, good mileage in low speeds but when goin fast the amnt of fuel going in is less than the air so pickup dies in top end

3) U increase the airflow & increase the fuel flow

Results: rich mixture, low mileage but the fuel flow matches the air flow & hence better pickup in both mid & top end

so if u dont want a better top & mid range whats the use of putting a K&N ?? but yeah if u waana have mileage & r happy wid just mid range then its fine.
Old 15th February 2005, 14:40   #70
BHPian

I dont think with a 180 pulsar one should be bothered about milage..... Its just that if its good well then ok.. But no compromising milage for performance...
I hope kphilip doesnt look too much into milage and keep the performance low!! Knowing him i doubt he'l compromise on that.....
One thing i noticed, the bike feels a lot smoother at higher speeds.. Havent yet tried it to its full potential though... Very few roads to test that.....

_CheerS_
Old 15th February 2005, 15:41   #71
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinsanity
I dont think with a 180 pulsar one should be bothered about milage..... . But no compromising milage for performance...
Heck i thot u can compromise on mileage only for performance ????? for what else wud u compromise on mileage ???
Old 15th February 2005, 15:50   #72
Team-BHP Support

Techno, you seem to think that if your performance increases, the fuel economy would drop.

Well, thats not always the case.
Old 15th February 2005, 15:56   #73
Senior - BHPian

ablolutely not, pls read my words, i said, i wud compromise mileage ONLY for performance.. this does not mean that every performance enhancemnet will affect mileage but what it mean is that I if I have to compromise on mileage it will ONLY be for enhancement in performance.

As abt mileage drop am strictly speaking for this case.. If u make ur mixture rich u r bound to get a drop in mileage.

Hope i am clear now
Old 15th February 2005, 16:00   #74
BHPian

techno, even if u ride without a k&n filter at high speeds the mileage will drop.. i dint say i've put it for mileage, as u said i've just put it for performance, but accidentaly mileage also increased, thats a plus point man..cheer up..
Old 15th February 2005, 16:03   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat
Heck i thot u can compromise on mileage only for performance ????? for what else wud u compromise on mileage ???
Sorry dude I misplaced the words.. I meant what you just said...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks