Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2005, 16:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Yezdi.... how good a bike is it??

Guys, One of my friend wants to pick up a second hand Yezdi. Now, he has seen a bike and says its in good condition. But, the question arises..... Is it a good bike, forget fuel economy.... apart from that, is it a reliable machine?? Is the spares available? And is the maintainence too heavy on one's pocket??

Need your thoughts guys!!
Old 31st January 2005, 17:47   #2
BHPian

One of my friend's in Bangalore has one.. He's been having it for quite sometime now.. Really don't think it's very high on maintenance.. Haven't heard of any such complaints as to believe it's an unreliable machine..
But only problem he has faced is that it stope and he had to push it a home.. Hey, how do you expect it to move it you dont fill gas.. hehehe.. fuel efficiency is as bad as can be..
Old 31st January 2005, 22:34   #3

yezdi is one sexy bike , tell your friend to buy a roadking, nothing else, change that stupid carb, and keep somw clutch cables handy while riding, apart from the bloody clutch which keeps snapping , the yezdi is one mean machine, the tall gearing is perfect for long rides and the way it cruises past 4 stroke commuters is pure joy.
Old 31st January 2005, 23:54   #4

Bikes I have :

95 Roadking
90 Roadkind
had a 73 Jawa , had a lot of tree stump pulling torque...sold it off because it was just rusting away to glory and taking up space in the driveway.

So is the Yezdi a good bike? I dont know about the other models, but like sharan said - go only for the Roadking . Plus make sure it's got a CDI, not the old fashioned CB points (they can make life hell in the rains or even when they get even a tiny droplet of water on them after washing the bike.

It's a pretty reliable bike. More in the "keep filling the tank and dont give a damn about the engine mould". I cant remember the last time I checked the oil in my bike! One day she's going to bite back and I'll get stranded in some deserted place. A major plus point is that it's mechanicals are extremly simple and you can tinker with it yourself.

Spare parts are also easy to come by and dont cost much.

I personally havent had any problems with the clutch cable snapping.
Old 1st February 2005, 14:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Hey guys, thanks for the inputs. Will let him know abt this.
Old 1st February 2005, 22:31   #6

hehe i had a wonderful experience with a clutch cable snapping, here i am riding in town and then at one of the slower sections i pull in the clutch in second and the bike is still pulling... heh???? whats happening ??? then i look at the lever and yes cable all frayed.
so what do i do ? nothing keep riding , shift gears without the clutch , thats the beauty of it , yezdi has a shaft which disengages the clutch when u shift gears , called autoclutch,
keep shifting clutchless all day and changed the cable only i n the evening, talk about take u home ability

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks