Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2008, 00:49   #1
BHPian

Finally !! - Long awaited "BEFORE" & "AFTER" pics of my Avenger 200 !!

Hi everyone,

Finally, the long awaited BEFORE and AFTER photos of my Long Beach Blue Avenger 200 are here.

Here's the list of things done:

(1) Imported alloy wheels fitted (cost INR 4800/-)
(2) Imported rear tyre (KINGS brand, Taiwan) size 150/80 15-inch fitted (cost INR 2600/-)
(3) Imported HID lighting kit fitted (cost INR 2600/-)
(4) HID lighting kit fitting (cost INR 500/-)
(5) K&N Air Filter, model R-1100 fitted (cost INR 1600/-)
(6) K&N Air Filter fitting (cost INR 750/-)
(7) Roots brand horn (cost INR 410/-)
(8) Roots horn fitting (cost INR 80/-)
(9) Overall labour (cost INR 500/- given on my own as requested by shop guy – even INR 100/- would have been accepted)
(10) Windshield (cost INR 650/-)
(8) Windshield clamps (cost INR 150/-)
(9) Windshield fitting (cost INR 300/-)
(10) Chrome plating for clamps (cost INR 250/-)

Total: INR 15,190/-

Lastly, I bought a pair of half gloves (leather) for INR 80/- and a STUDDS brand lovely looking side box for INR 700/-. I paid 30 bucks separately to the guy who fitted it carefully, after taking my instructions and checking with me each time he adjusted it. I had specifically told him that the box should not touch the silencer or the rear indicator, and should be placed in such a way that it does not make it uncomfortable for the pillion rider to sit and get off the bike. He installed it nicely and I sat in the pillion seat to test and satisfy myself. It was excellent. The box by itself is quite well designed, nicely finished and has a good storage capacity. I didn’t want to get a tank bag as the tank is one of the most attractive parts of the bike !!

Whew – now I can carry by small rectangular lunch box to office, CDs/DVDs when required, bike documents, etc.

I also purchased a cylindrical wire lock for the helmets as I didn’t want to have a helmet lock permanently fitted. I was told that the helmet lock could be broken, making it easy to walk away with the helmets. This cylindrical lock was recommended by the shop guy since it would be strong, can’t be cut and is safe. This cost only INR 70/- and I picked it up immediately, in a matching blue colour.

Well, the photos are on my personal web album at the Google Picasa site, which is Picasa Web Albums - Venkat. Enjoy the photos, and please do give me your comments on everything guys.

Thanks and warm regards,
Venkat

Last edited by Rehaan : 2nd April 2008 at 00:53. Reason: Please host a few of the pictures on TBHP itself as per our new rules. Thanks.
Old 2nd April 2008, 02:03   #2
BHPian

Nice wheels buddy...love the color of ur bike and 30 bucks for the fitting of carry box was worth it...
Old 2nd April 2008, 07:55   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like a lot of nice additions to the bike. Would be better if the photos were taken in day-light.

Happy riding !
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:43   #4
Senior - BHPian

Thats a lot of accessories!Phew!

The pictures dont do much justice. Can you take some more.

And there goes your warranty!
Old 2nd April 2008, 08:50   #5
BHPian

Nice mods, get rid of that Saaree Guard (If possible).
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:14   #6
BHPian

Wow, Nice Mods there. btw VSG, i am also from chennai and own a avenger 180 . Could you guide me where to get the parts for K&N filters and where to fix it n all. Thanks.

Also, regarding keeping the helmet in the bike, there are chances where even the helmet can be damaged by others. So i used to to carry my helmet with me wherever i go, i would like to advice the same to you.

and one more thing did u change to size of the jet to get along with the K&N filter? I heard that its necessary.. Hope am not hijacking your thread

Congrats on the bike, take a good care of it!! Its really a good bike, wish bajaj had maintained same level of quality as the Eliminator, wouldn't have minded to pay the extra cash.

Edit: @revved_up, thats really good suggestion there mate, why didn't i think about it for past 2 yrs !!!

Last edited by Saiyan : 2nd April 2008 at 09:27.
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:36   #7
BHPian

Man, did you sort out your starting problem?
Old 2nd April 2008, 09:40   #8
Senior - BHPian

vsg - great list of mods..
pls post some clearer pictures of the alloys...
also are u planning to put another box on the left side also ? wouldnt the bike be a bit off balance if u have just one box.. ?
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:17   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice, but I would have liked more performance mods than just cosmetic ones. You could have got a stonking bike for 15k.

Importing the tyres and everything was quite useless IMO. And such a large rear tyre will totally screw up the performance of your bike.

I really hope your next set of upgrades is targeting the performance

Congrats anyway !! As long as you are happy with the bike, nothing else matters
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:28   #10
BHPian

@Saiyan: Yeah mate, saaree guard really looks out of place on most bikes.
I got rid of mine on the first day itself.

Removing saaree guard can also be considered as a weight reduction mod. . So I can claim that my bike is modded
Old 2nd April 2008, 10:42   #11
Senior - BHPian

^^ i also removed saree guard on my both bikes same day i purchased the bike ...... i have also removed kick started on my ZMA , it weights at least 2-3kgs hehe
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:14   #12
Senior - BHPian

Wonderfully selection of accessories which are intended to smoothen your daily life.Good job done buddie.
ram
Old 2nd April 2008, 11:29   #13
Team-BHP Support

Helmets must not be kept in direct sunlight.
The foam deteriorates and safety is compromised.

some great tips on motorcycling:
Motorcycle Riding Safety Tips - How To Ride in Traffic & Avoid Crashes at Motorcycle Cruiser
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:01   #14
BHPian

@ VSG: Nice Bike there, and well looked after too.

Can you tell me where in chennai you did all these works? My unicorn will complete 3 years by may, and I'm interested in doing all the mods you have listed + some more
It helps that I'm at Nellore, 180ks north of chennai, and wouldnt mind riding all of that to get these jobs done,as i dont think all these would be possible here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
(1) Imported alloy wheels fitted (cost INR 4800/-)
(2) Imported rear tyre (KINGS brand, Taiwan) size 150/80 15-inch fitted (cost INR 2600/-)
(3) Imported HID lighting kit fitted (cost INR 2600/-)
(4) HID lighting kit fitting (cost INR 500/-)
(5) K&N Air Filter, model R-1100 fitted (cost INR 1600/-)
(6) K&N Air Filter fitting (cost INR 750/-)
Also what is the make of the alloys?I'd hate to go with the stock ones coming with the new bike, as now adays everyone seems to have that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
^^ i also removed saree guard on my both bikes same day i purchased the bike ...... i have also removed kick started on my ZMA , it weights at least 2-3kgs hehe

2-3 Kgs? You mean the kickstart lever alone?

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "edit" button if posting within 15 minutes of the first post, instead of creating another back-to-back post

Also use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts.

Last edited by Technocrat : 2nd April 2008 at 12:24.
Old 2nd April 2008, 12:07   #15
Senior - BHPian

Whoa! Thats a lot of additions for the bike.

Even I am looking for a change in alloys. Gone are the days when only premium bikes had alloys. Now even the Platina and other such sundry commuter bikes have alloys!! :(

Most Viewed