Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2010, 18:54   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny_ View Post
Such things happen everywhere with every company. This isn't US yet bro.
I know it is not US, but then it never happened when i owned a TVS scooty pep or Suzuki Samurai when given for a service.
Old 24th January 2010, 01:33   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4loys View Post
I know it is not US, but then it never happened when i owned a TVS scooty pep or Suzuki Samurai when given for a service.
Agreed bro, seems like their after sales service is better.
Old 18th July 2010, 19:18   #33
BHPian

9000 Update

A long bending update

Issues that appeared :
* Fuel tank leaking petrol - Issue fixed.

Items Changed Service
* Fuel Tank

New things added:
* Fuel Tank. bought a new fuel tank and got the tank fixed at a nearby mechanic. Cost of Fuel tank Rs.1200/-

* Mileage 35-40KMPL

Completed 2 services at Rs100/- each.

I have moved Flyte with me to Hosur and Earlier my nearest service center was in Bangalore. Now a new Service Center is opened in Hosur.

I'm happy about the performance of the vehicle and noticed that the mileage reduces drastically if it is driven @60KMph or greater!
Old 5th January 2011, 15:24   #34
BHPian

10000Kms Odo Update

I had to travel oversees of 5 months and left Flyte at home. There was nobody to use it and it was lying idle. One fine day my friend wanted a bike to ride and started using my vehicle (it was not used for 4 whole month). He reported lot of issues and he didn't give for a service and used for a whole month.

After i returned, i tried starting it and it didn't, Called up near by service station (newly opened in Hosur). They promptly responded and sent a mechanic to my house, he somehow managed to get the vehicle started and took it to the service station. The final bill came to Rs. 4600/-

Issues that appeared :
* Self Start didnt work
* Kick Start taking long time to start the vehicle
* Keys are not operating properly (on/off switch)
* Vehicle make a loud noise while in slow speed

Diagnostics:
* Battery was dead
* On/Off switch was broken
* One-way clutch worn out
* No engine oil left in the vehicle

Items Changed

* New Key Set ( & on/off switch)
* Replaced one-way clutch
* New Battery
* Oil

Full paid services completed.

* Mileage 35-40KMPL

The vehicle now behaves as a brand new one. The overall service and the job done was very satisfactory, i was updated daily on the progress and on my request they delivery my vehicle at home without any extra charges.

One strange thing though was that, they charged me Rs.70/- for courier charges as they need to source one-way clutch from Chennai.

Kinetic Flyte experience :first Service report(now 10000 Kms in Odo) !-flyte.jpg

Over-all a very happy Mahindra customer.

Will i suggest Flyte to other? yes, i'll definitely do.

I found this chart in the service center and though it would help in comparing it with other brands:

Kinetic Flyte experience :first Service report(now 10000 Kms in Odo) !-mahindra-cost.jpg
Old 6th January 2011, 14:49   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kinetic Flyte experience :first Service report(now 10000 Kms in Odo) !

Glad to know your Flyte is doing well! Wishing you many more happy miles with it. Also pleasantly surprised that you are getting 40-42kmpl.

We sold the Flyte in Oct'10 as it was a disaster. Same case as yours, it was left unused for nearly 6 months. Even before that it never returned above 28kmpl even if it was driven in the economy mode. After 6 months of non usage, the first thing we did was to get it serviced and it was only ridden till the service center. It was juddering, vibrating, no pick up and of course the battery was dead. The SVC did a pathetic job of fixing it. This was even after spending nearly 4k on it.
So we said enough is enough and sold it off for 20k. For the benefit of others, it was one of the initial models in 2008 and it had run 12k+ kms as on Oct 2010 on the date of sale.
Apologies for hijacking your thread with my experience.
Old 11th January 2011, 13:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Glad to know your Flyte is doing well! Wishing you many more happy miles with it. Also pleasantly surprised that you are getting 40-42kmpl.

We sold the Flyte in Oct'10 as it was a disaster. Same case as yours, it was left unused for nearly 6 months. Even before that it never returned above 28kmpl even if it was driven in the economy mode. After 6 months of non usage, the first thing we did was to get it serviced and it was only ridden till the service center. It was juddering, vibrating, no pick up and of course the battery was dead. The SVC did a pathetic job of fixing it. This was even after spending nearly 4k on it.
So we said enough is enough and sold it off for 20k. For the benefit of others, it was one of the initial models in 2008 and it had run 12k+ kms as on Oct 2010 on the date of sale.
Apologies for hijacking your thread with my experience.
Sad to hear about your experience / issues with Flyte. My vehicle had the same issue " juddering, vibrating, no pick up and of course the battery was dead" when the service engineer took it from my house. The vehicle was at the service center for a week and they were able to bring it back live.!

Last edited by mail4loys : 11th January 2011 at 13:43.
Old 15th April 2014, 23:11   #37
BHPian

Hi mail4loys,

Any update on your flyte. I recently bought a preowned flyte and would like to get some updates from you
Old 26th November 2015, 15:35   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqMaster View Post
Hi mail4loys,

Any update on your flyte. I recently bought a preowned flyte and would like to get some updates from you
I own Kinetic Flyte, very first of few which were imported from Taiwan by Kinetic. She is still going strong, rear shock was broken and it was replaced by Mahindra, after 34000 KMS odo stopped working, last visit to SS it was not repaired due to unavailability of part. Tomorrow I am taking her to SS for service but she must have done 45000 KMs until now. Since first servicing I am using Motul Synthetic oil, I carry my own oil when I go to SS.
pawan_pullarwar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks