Team-BHP > Motorbikes

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2008, 23:57   #1
BHPian

Blue Bajaj PULSAR 180 DTSi @ 5,000 kms

So here I am writing up a report on my Pulzar 180 DTSi. It is about 2 years old and has only done about 5300 kms till date. I dont have very long trips and that has kept the distance travelled down. This has kept the bike in excellent condition.

Just had a full service done at a local workshop and it is rocking. Engine is revving smoothly, smoothly pulling in any gear.

Bike is in stock condition with the exception of indicator buzzer, a replacement signal light and some cheap new handlegrips.

I am getting an average mileage of about 45km/litre. I dont generally revv above the green in the tachometer and try to have minimal gear changes while I am riding.

The only negative aspect that I can find is that my hands and elbows hurt a bit after a longish bumpy ride. I wonder if this is due to a handlebar alignment or maybe a posture problem.

Favorite things to do on my Pulsar:
  • Rip the bike open on small inclines. Favorite places to do that are on the road towards Kovalam, the road from Nanthencode to LMS, roads near the Golf Club.
  • Cruise at a good speed on the Kovalam NH roads, especially during afternoons when the roads are empty, occssionaly ripping the bike for short intervals, listening to music.
  • Taking the right hand turn in front of the Kowdiar Palace. If I get the timing right, I can approach the traffic light after it has turned green, dip the front, tilt the bike and then roar off towards Vellayambalam.
  • After every fillup ( I fill 10 litres at a time ), head off towards Somatheeram beach, listening to music. Spend a couple of hours at the beach, then head back home.

Most Viewed