Team-BHP > Motorbikes
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th February 2011, 18:53   #61
Senior - BHPian

Tubeless Tires - Update

Quick update on the tires after a scary moment today!!

The front Conti-Go tubeless is fine but the rear TVS Jumbo Tubeless is nothing to write home about. It's a bit better than the stock tires on dry tarmac but encounter a wet patch and all hell breaks loose!!! Grip on gravel/sand is again poor but not sure which tire will be as good on gravel/sand except for moto cross tires.

Need advice on some good rubber for the rear. Not looking to up size/down size. Stock size but better rubber which provides a good grip in dry and wet conditions is what is desired. Plz help with your suggestions folks.
Old 5th February 2011, 05:17   #62
Senior - BHPian

Re: Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review

Would the R15 rear tire fit there?
Old 5th February 2011, 13:59   #63
BHPian

Abhinav, rear is 18" right? why not Michelin M45? I am getting Great Grip with those tyres.
Old 5th February 2011, 15:56   #64
BHPian

Michelin Pilot Sporty is the one you should have. Not sure if it is available in Bangalore easily.
Old 7th February 2011, 14:16   #65
Senior - BHPian

Saturday Ride to Nandi Hills

UPDATE: Saturday ride to Nandi Hills

Went on a ride to Nandi hills with Sunil (rdna). It was a good ride and kudos to Sunil for leading the ride. It was just 2 RTR's and the curves were a blast to drive on. After the mods, the bike can take curves with ease and do steep curves uphill in 3rd and 4th gear easily.

Pics will be up shortly as myself and Sunil will do a QC and upload the good ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
Would the R15 rear tire fit there?
Nope don't think so, R15 is 17" wheels at the rear and RTR160 is 18". It might be too much of a stretch i guess. Not too sure though

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
Abhinav, rear is 18" right? why not Michelin M45? I am getting Great Grip with those tyres.
Thanks KRRaj, Will check them out. Hoping they come in different sizes as I want the stock 110 size and not 120/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna View Post
Michelin Pilot Sporty is the one you should have. Not sure if it is available in Bangalore easily.
Thanks Sunil. Are they stock RTR size? If yes then would want to check out both the M45 and the Sporty and decide on which one to go for.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 7th February 2011 at 14:23.
Old 7th February 2011, 20:35   #66
Senior - BHPian

Oh I was under impression that you switched to 17 at back like its on the 180, my bad.

In case of 18 inch you can eithee go for a simple Dunlop Geocruiser or the M45(if a genuine piece is available).
My absolute favorite in this size is the Pirelli Sports Demon but its a heavy tire & will take out some juice from the bike but the grip is phenomenal.
Old 7th February 2011, 20:36   #67
BHPian

Re: Saturday Ride to Nandi Hills

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
UPDATE: Saturday ride to Nandi Hills

Went on a ride to Nandi hills with Sunil (rdna). It was a good ride and kudos to Sunil for leading the ride. It was just 2 RTR's and the curves were a blast to drive on. After the mods, the bike can take curves with ease and do steep curves uphill in 3rd and 4th gear easily.

Pics will be up shortly as myself and Sunil will do a QC and upload the good ones
It was fun to ride with you as well. I like your riding style I hope the pics have come out well as I have wanted it. Archive them and upload it somewhere and PM me the link please.

Quote:
Thanks Sunil. Are they stock RTR size? If yes then would want to check out both the M45 and the Sporty and decide on which one to go for.
My cousin had a li'l trouble getting it on the rear. But it is doing a wonderful job. I'll check and get back.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:14   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh I was under impression that you switched to 17 at back like its on the 180, my bad.
I think it was either you or MPower who suggested on a different thread that 17" at the rear of the 160 might change the lean angle (if i recall the term correctly) and hence not advisable. So i stuck with the 18" tire at the rear.

Quote:
In case of 18 inch you can either go for a simple Dunlop Geocruiser or the M45(if a genuine piece is available).
My absolute favorite in this size is the Pirelli Sports Demon but its a heavy tire & will take out some juice from the bike but the grip is phenomenal.
Oh thanks for reminding me about Dunlop. Will check it out. I did check out the Sports Demon when changing the tires last time. It was very heavy like you said and also it was not available in 110 size IIRC.

Quote:
It was fun to ride with you as well. I like your riding style I hope the pics have come out well as I have wanted it. Archive them and upload it somewhere and PM me the link please.
Sure mate, the post processing is being done by the expert at home (my wife ). I will PM you the link as soon as they are done!

Quote:
My cousin had a li'l trouble getting it on the rear. But it is doing a wonderful job. I'll check and get back.
Cool! Will wait for the update.
Old 8th February 2011, 21:59   #69
BHPian

The tire for the rear is available easily, but J.C.Road dealers quote prices as they wish. You can pick one from Tire Plus on Varthur Main Road
Old 9th February 2011, 14:05   #70
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot buddy. Will check them out this weekend.

Quote:
The tire for the rear is available easily, but J.C.Road dealers quote prices as they wish. You can pick one from Tire Plus on Varthur Main Road
Old 12th February 2011, 02:46   #71
Senior - BHPian

The pics of the Saturday morning ride to Nandi Hills finally!!

Place: It was an impromptu decision by rdna when he PM'd me that he was planning for a ride. I decided to tag along. As simple. After some deliberation between Savandurga and Nandi Hills, the decision was made to ride to Nandi Hills. It was only the 2 of us on our RTR's as the other riders who planned to join, dropped out at the last minute.

The ride: We decided to meet up near Manyata tech park and ride together from there. Sunil (rdna) needed fuel so we rendezvoused at the HP Pump just after we take the turn towards BIAL. Both of us tanked up and started our ride exactly at 06:30.

Sunil did a good job of leading the way as I was not aware of the exact location where we needed to turn left towards Nandi Hills. He did an amazing job of lead bike indicating the hazards like sand, speed breakers etc well before hand. It was damn chilly in the morning and our hands and legs were freezing though we were wearing jackets, gloves and thick jeans. We managed to reach the foot hills and stop for some pics.

Then started the real fun. The twisties. It was great fun riding the twisties. My modded RTR took the curves easily in 3rd and 4th gear. Sunil had a heart-in-the-mouth situation when he ran wide on one of the blind curves and nearly missed crashing into a linea that was traveling down. After that we halted to let him catch his breath back and also for some snaps.

We reached the top, spent some time and returned back. Traffic was bad on the BIAL road till we reached the CV Raman Nagar signal. Bid goodbye to Sunil since he was going to office on MG Road and I took the turn and reached back home by 11:00.

A fun ride and would like to do more short rides like this. And Sunil (rdna) is an amazing partner to ride with.
Attached Thumbnails
Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review-img_6651.jpg  

Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review-img_6654.jpg  

Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review-img_6653.jpg  

Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review-img_6659.jpg  

Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review-img_6669.jpg  

Old 12th February 2011, 02:59   #72
Senior - BHPian

This was a Jeep that we spotted on the peak which looked awesome. Can experts suggest what vehicle this is?
Attached Thumbnails
Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review-img_6670.jpg  

Apache RTR160 - Ownership Review-img_6671.jpg  

Old 13th February 2011, 19:31   #73
BHPian

Quote:
The pics of the Saturday morning ride to Nandi Hills finally!!

Sunil did a good job of leading the way as I was not aware of the exact location where we needed to turn left towards Nandi Hills. He did an amazing job of lead bike indicating the hazards like sand, speed breakers etc well before hand. It was damn chilly in the morning and our hands and legs were freezing though we were wearing jackets, gloves and thick jeans. We managed to reach the foot hills and stop for some pics.

Then started the real fun. The twisties. It was great fun riding the twisties. My modded RTR took the curves easily in 3rd and 4th gear. Sunil had a heart-in-the-mouth situation when he ran wide on one of the blind curves and nearly missed crashing into a linea that was traveling down. After that we halted to let him catch his breath back and also for some snaps.
A fun ride and would like to do more short rides like this. And Sunil (rdna) is an amazing partner to ride with.
The pics look good! It was fun riding with you too Abhinav and I like your riding style as well. It takes a lot to hold back the beast which has a stronger heart Riding with the likes of Aditya gets that disciplined riding. Those few rides have been memorable. Get those Michelins and you will be taking those twisties like a pro!
Old 14th February 2011, 00:53   #74
Senior - BHPian

Looks like you guys had fun

That one looks like a Modded Bolero.
Old 14th February 2011, 21:26   #75
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like you guys had fun

That one looks like a Modded Bolero.
Oh yes! It was a lot of fun

Well, it looked good in person and must say a decent job of modding the bolero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdna
The pics look good! It was fun riding with you too Abhinav and I like your riding style as well. It takes a lot to hold back the beast which has a stronger heart Riding with the likes of Aditya gets that disciplined riding. Those few rides have been memorable. Get those Michelins and you will be taking those twisties like a pro!
Thanks buddy. Will get to the tire shop one of the days to check out the Michelins.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 14th February 2011 at 21:31.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks